• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kenny's legacy

Apparatchik

As he approaches the twilight of his leadership after five years at the helm of Fine Gael, how do the Kenny years measure up? His place in history is assured I believe, as the man who made Fianna Fail the inevitable party of government. It is now difficult to see how any government can be put together in the foreseeable future without Fianna Fáil being the lead partner, whether with the Greens or Labour or what is left of the PDs. That impression has been reinforced by the sad performance of Kenny in the wake of Bertie’s resignation announcement. There was also ignominy in the way he slunk from the field of battle following a recent humiliating assault by Cowen. Indeed the negative impact for Fine Gael is even starker when we take Cowen into account. In last weekend's poll, when asked which of Cowen and Enda Kenny would make the best Taoiseach, almost two thirds (63 per cent) plumped for Cowen, while just a quarter (24 per cent) back Kenny. Will the Mayoman be remembered as Fianna Fail's secret weapon par exellence?

Rocky

Don't feed the troll!!!

MookieBaylock

Apparatchik,

Did you get permission from David to use the word official in the title?

I don't think he'll be best pleased...

btw - mods, this is the 10th thread he has started on kenny in two days...

yawn...

Leave off the Kenny threads, they're spam at this point. He might well not make the next election, he's not the best politician in the world, we know all that. But it's like some weird form of OCD you have, like you can't leave the house before you know you've started yet another thread on Enda Kenny. What's the deal with that?...

myk

Hey, why doesn't someone start a thread on Enda Kenny I don't think we have ever had one of those.

A_man_about_a_dog

MookieBaylock said:
And what the last year of 1 Bertie thread being started every hour was different, was it?

If people want to post about Enda Kenny then let them..... God only knows enough threads have been started over the last year or so about all of the following:

McDowell and the PDs
Harney and the PDs
The PDs
FF
Bertie and FF
Bertie and the Mahon Tribunal
Bertie & Charlie H
The FF/Green/PD coalition

And I heard nobody moaning about the amount of threads on them. Why would that be? Perhaps it is because the FG/anti-FF supporters out number those support the government?

For the last 6 months there has constantly been about 5 or 6 threads relating to Bertie and the Mahon Tribunal on the first page of latest discussions, so whats the issue with a bit of interest in Enda? Should you not be thankful that he's finally getting some attention?

So, once the Enda/FG threads start finally flying around people like you start having a good old whinge. Grow up, its a politics discussion site FFS. I know that there is a possibility that he has been so ineffective that you didn't realise, but Enda is actually a politican. And do you know what that means? Yes Mookie, he's fair game for discussion here on p.ie!

MookieBaylock

But why are we discussing his legacy?

He has not retired - and will not in the near future.

A_man_about_a_dog said:
MookieBaylock said:
And what the last year of 1 Bertie thread being started every hour was different, was it?

If people want to post about Enda Kenny then let them..... God only knows enough threads have been started over the last year or so about all of the following:

McDowell and the PDs
Harney and the PDs
The PDs
FF
Bertie and FF
Bertie & Charlie H

And I heard nobody moaning about the amount of threads on them. Why would that be? Perhaps it is because the FG/anti-FF supporters out number those support the government?

For the last 6 months there has constantly been about 5 or 6 threads relating to Bertie and the Mahon Tribunal on the first page of latest discussions, so whats the issue with a bit of interest in Enda? Should you not be thankful that he's finally getting some attention?

So, once the Enda/FG threads start finally flying around people like you start having a good old whinge. Grow up, its a politics discussion site FFS. I know that there is a possibility that he has been so ineffective that you didn't realise, but Enda is actually politican. And do you know what that means? Yes Mookie, he can be discussed here on p.ie!
No Blueshirt I, I complained about the number of Tribunal/Ahern threads on several occasions. This is the same. Spam.

myk

The thread doesn't have any point that can't be expressed in any existing thread. Its not a reaction to any news and it doesn't pose a new angle.

A_man_about_a_dog

toxic avenger said:
[quote="A_man_about_a_dog":27qji8ad]
MookieBaylock said:

McDowell and the PDs
Harney and the PDs
The PDs
FF
Bertie and FF
Bertie & Charlie H

So, once the Enda/FG threads start finally flying around people like you start having a good old whinge. Grow up, its a politics discussion site FFS. I know that there is a possibility that he has been so ineffective that you didn't realise, but Enda is actually politican. And do you know what that means? Yes Mookie, he can be discussed here on p.ie!
No Blueshirt I, I complained about the number of Tribunal/Ahern threads on several occasions. This is the same. Spam.[/quote:27qji8ad]

You're dead right, it is spam, I agree. My issue is with the double standard employed by many posters on this site, particularly a core group of the FG supporters. Thye had no issue with hundreds, even thousands of threads on Bertie, Mahon and FF being started in the space of a couple of months, but God forbid someone might want to have discussion about Enda. :shock:

And like I've said already, I'm by no means an out and out FF supporter so anyone who is planning on using that attack tactic can put the ammo away.

Apparatchik

MookieBaylock said:

Politics depends on popularity. No leader who lags his own party in the polls will retain his hold on the top job, without serious unrest in the ranks. It is the end of days.

Rocky

A_man_about_a_dog said:
[quote="toxic avenger":1k4xohpi][quote="A_man_about_a_dog":1k4xohpi]
MookieBaylock said:

McDowell and the PDs
Harney and the PDs
The PDs
FF
Bertie and FF
Bertie & Charlie H

No Blueshirt I, I complained about the number of Tribunal/Ahern threads on several occasions. This is the same. Spam.[/quote:1k4xohpi]

You're dead right, it is spam, I agree. My issue is with the double standard employed by many posters on this site, particularly a core group of the FG supporters. Thye had no issue with hundreds, even thousands of threads on Bertie, Mahon and FF being started in the space of a couple of months, but God forbid someone might want to have discussion about Enda. :shock:

And like I've said already, I'm by no means an out and out FF supporter so anyone who is planning on using that attack tactic can put the ammo away.[/quote:1k4xohpi]

This is a obvious attempt at trolling. You could not get a more obvious attempt at trolling. The thread does not bring up any new issues or deal with another aspect of a certain area as most of the Mahon Tribunal threads did, it is just an attempt to troll and should be locked, although at times the number of threads on the Mahon Tribunal was excessive.

myk

Apparatchik said:
MookieBaylock said:

Politics depends on popularity. No leader who lags his own party in the polls will retain his hold on the top job, without serious unrest in the ranks. It is the end of days.
Please stop spamminig politics.ie you are almost as bad as pauriceen-jack!

A_man_about_a_dog

Rocky said:
A_man_about_a_dog said:
[quote="toxic avenger":1kdv1zlv][quote="A_man_about_a_dog":1kdv1zlv]
MookieBaylock said:

McDowell and the PDs
Harney and the PDs
The PDs
FF
Bertie and FF
Bertie & Charlie H

No Blueshirt I, I complained about the number of Tribunal/Ahern threads on several occasions. This is the same. Spam.

And like I've said already, I'm by no means an out and out FF supporter so anyone who is planning on using that attack tactic can put the ammo away.[/quote:1kdv1zlv]

This is a obvious attempt at trolling. You could not get a more obvious attempt at trolling. The thread does not bring up any new issues or deal with another aspect of a certain area as most of the Mahon Tribunal threads did, it is just an attempt to troll and should be locked, although at times the number of threads on the Mahon Tribunal was excessive.[/quote:1kdv1zlv]

OMG, that has to be the understatement of the year! It was ourageous that is what it was.

I agree this is trolling by the OP but come on, how many trolls did we have starting threads about Bertie & Mahon? I don't want to see every second thread being started at the moment being about Enda, but I do want to see some sort of standard maintained between the amount of threads which can be started on one topic and the amount which can be started about another.

No double standards and hypocrisy from the people who posted endlessly on the Mahon Tribunal, thats all I'm looking for. Is it an unreasonable request?

Oh, and those folks I'm talking about knwo exactly who they are. Too many to start listing of names.

Blue Tide

I see this term "troll" over and over again. What is its definition? If it refers to some agenda-pusher creating slightly different variations of the same thread over and over again, then I am quite sick of them also.