• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Bea C

Radio Kerry has this story this morning, I'm not sure of the precise details, but here's the link:
Okay, I cannot, this wonderful computer will not let me (I cannot use the smiley faces on it either?), but look it up on Radio Kerry | Entertaining Kerry!

There was to be a decrease in the tax (5% was expected, was it?), but no, there is talk now that it will remain the same for 2015, but a 1% every year from 2016 for the following four years to fund some fund.
Anyway, fret not everybody, because those in local authority houses will not have to pay anything.
Everybody else will do that for them.

corporal punishment

This will be replicated in ALL the local authorities across the country.

Marcos the black

Radio Kerry has this story this morning, I'm not sure of the precise details, but here's the link:
Okay, I cannot, this wonderful computer will not let me (I cannot use the smiley faces on it either?), but look it up on Radio Kerry | Entertaining Kerry!

There was to be a decrease in the tax (5% was expected, was it?), but no, there is talk now that it will remain the same for 2015, but a 1% every year from 2016 for the following four years to fund some fund.
Anyway, fret not everybody, because those in local authority houses will not have to pay anything.

How much Property Tax do you pay?

flavirostris

What would Charlie Haughey do?

Introduce a Kerry exemption. Arrive down to a heroes reception in Dingle, led by Paudie and then launch the regatta with a couple of Saddam Hussein type shotgun blasts. Then get the boat to Inishvickillaune and roger Terry Keane senseless. Afterwards, be regaled with sycophantic poetry by lickspittle Brendan Kennelly.

Disillusioned democrat

That's a fairly responsible reaction by Kerry County Council - tax it's own residents more to cover the cost of providing local services.

If only each local authority had to do the same we'd soon get a far more accurate picture of how much it actually costs to provide local services and people would actually have to engage with local democracy to decide what costs were acceptable and what ones needed to be cut.

I for one think this is a good thing.

Watcher2

Have the Healy Rea's increased their plant hire rates? Someone has to pay for that.

Disillusioned democrat

Introduce a Kerry exemption. Arrive down to a heroes reception in Dingle, led by Paudie and then launch the regatta with a couple of Saddam Hussein type shotgun blasts. Then get the boat to Inishvickillaune and roger Terry Keane senseless. Afterwards, be regaled with sycophantic poetry by lickspittle Brendan Kennelly.

Ah, the good old days....actually that's a fairly scarily accurate assessment of what he would have done.

I think Kerry has grown up a bit though with this initiative - hopefully they're doing it for the right reasons.

Disillusioned democrat

Have the Healy Rea's increased their plant hire rates? Someone has to pay for that.

That's the BIG question - if Kerry Co Co are doing this because they're managing their costs and have identified a shortfall, then it'll be a good thing, if the gombeens have just realised that the LPT is another teat to suck on then we're phucked.

Dunlin3

That wouldn't be funny if it wasn't all true!

Dunlin3

Personally I don't see why 20% of my property tax should be used to subsidise the people of Kerry and other counties. Most of them are paying a lot less in property tax than I am. Let them pay for their own services and if that means an increase in the LPT for them then so be it.

Watcher2

That's the BIG question - if Kerry Co Co are doing this because they're managing their costs and have identified a shortfall, then it'll be a good thing, if the gombeens have just realised that the LPT is another teat to suck on then we're phucked.

I know we sometimes (well, much of the time) on here call them thick, stupid, idiotic etc etc, but I think even they saw this tap before they plumbed it in. All local authorities are going to increase this tax. The question is going to be "when will they stop?".

Watcher2

The LPT makes it imperative that any Councillor with links to private enterprise, similar to the Healy Raes, that those interests are permanently considered conflicts of interest and no council funds should make their way into the revenue of those private enterprises.

Spanner Island

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know we sometimes (well, much of the time) on here call them thick, stupid, idiotic etc etc, but I think even they saw this tap before they plumbed it in. All local authorities are going to increase this tax. The question is going to be "when will they stop?".

When enough people mobilise and start demanding they stop and increase the pressure until they do stop.

It's up to the people to put a stop to the madness and robbery of THEIR MONEY that will undoubtedly happen if everyone simply lies down and takes it.

The only demographic that have affected change by coming out in numbers in recent years are pensioners.

Everyone else needs to wake the f*** up.

DuineEile

Banned

No comment. It's just worth keeping it live.

My sides hurt.

D

Bea C

Ah, the good old days....actually that's a fairly scarily accurate assessment of what he would have done.

I think Kerry has grown up a bit though with this initiative - hopefully they're doing it for the right reasons.

And what about the fact that the local authority people are been carried by everybody else?

Disillusioned democrat

When enough people mobilise and start demanding they stop and increase the pressure until they do stop.

It's up to the people to put a stop to the madness and robbery of THEIR MONEY that will undoubtedly happen if everyone simply lies down and takes it.

The only demographic that have affected change by coming out in numbers in recent years are pensioners.

Everyone else needs to wake the f*** up.

And hopefully local authorities taking bold steps forward like Kerry will be a catalyst. People will only react when it actually hits them in their pocket and not buried under layers of direct taxes, charges, etc.

Paying over the odds in property tax while seeing a brand new fleet of Healy-Rea plant hire trucks might get the cogs going in peoples' minds and get them voting proactively.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom