Kerry: Call the next GE constituency results

seanof

And let's not forget Pa Daly's election for Sinn Féin in Kerry!

Bea C

It was reported on Tuairisc.ie today that she speaks Irish also- does she?
She does, yeah. My sixth year was her first year back in Tralee (she had been teaching in Carrigtwohill for a few years), and it was English only, but since then I can't swear that there hasn't been a second. There usually is, but I am a friend, and I've never heard it mentioned

Bea C

And let's not forget Pa Daly's election for Sinn Féin in Kerry!
I know, who is expected to make SF frontbench, so I really am someone with connections!

NYCKY

I haven't seen Bea C post for some time but she must be delighted with Norma Foley's appointment as Minister. She's most impressive and spoke flawlessy in nominating Martin as Taoiseach.

I'm not a fan of this coalition but it's good to see talent being recognised. Similarly, it's good to see some, but not all, of those entirely unsuited to Ministerial responsibilty being removed.

I saw the same speech this morning and was impressed. Genuinely don't know much about her other than she was the late Denis' daughter. It isn't that often that brand new TDs go straight to the Cabinet, so Congrats to Norma and it's good for Kerry too

Bea C

I saw the same speech this morning and was impressed. Genuinely don't know much about her other than she was the late Denis' daughter. It isn't that often that brand new TDs go straight to the Cabinet, so Congrats to Norma and it's good for Kerry too
I had a rather embittered split with my own gender when I got sick at 21 (my seizures 'upset' them, friends got other people to tell me) .
Most of my friends since are men, and I only have three female since.
And one made Cabinet today.

MOSS1

Boland, Haughey and Lenihan were made Ministers on their first day in An Dail.
I think there are only seven to become senior ministers on their first day in the Dail (or rather the first cabinet formed after the election). Noel Browne, Kevin Boland, Martin O'donoghue, Alan Dukes, Niamh Bhreathnach, Katherine Zappone and now Norma Foley.

DJP

She does, yeah. My sixth year was her first year back in Tralee (she had been teaching in Carrigtwohill for a few years), and it was English only, but since then I can't swear that there hasn't been a second. There usually is, but I am a friend, and I've never heard it mentioned
She musn't speak it/much because a search of her name and "Gaeilge" online reveals no results.

I hope MM,LV and ER pick a good Min. of State for her to deal with Irish language medium education in her department. There are a couple of big things in the pipeline regarding it both inside the Gaeltacht and with planning to double the numbers attending gaelscoileanna in the rest of the country by the end of the decade. I don't know who off the top of my head would be the best choice for the role, but it might be Joe McHugh.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom