Kerry: Call the next GE constituency results

locke

Over 2,000 votes in the locals when they only ran in half the LEAs suggests they should.

It would probably just be a paper candidate who gets no campaign resources from HQ though.

Bea C

Over 2,000 votes in the locals when they only ran in half the LEAs suggests they should.

It would probably just be a paper candidate who gets no campaign resources from HQ though.
Righto!
Ryan's comment about cars will only look stupendously stupid in Kerry, though.
Fair play to him.

Paddypogue66

Should be an interesting few months in the lead up to GE in Kerry,
Will the Healy Reas run a 3 candidate?
Will Norma Foley get the nod for FF instead of John Brassil ?
Will Aoife Thornton decide to run for FG ?
Will Pa Daly be strong enough to hold the SF seat ?
Hold on to your hats it’s going to be a bumpy ride !

Bea C

Should be an interesting few months in the lead up to GE in Kerry,
Will the Healy Reas run a 3 candidate?
Will Norma Foley get the nod for FF instead of John Brassil ?
Will Aoife Thornton decide to run for FG ?
Will Pa Daly be strong enough to hold the SF seat ?
Hold on to your hats it’s going to be a bumpy ride !

Well, the HRs say there won't be a third candidate, but as Jerry O'Sullivan and Michael O'Regan agreed last Friday, we can't believe that until the deadline bell has rung, and the five minute window to slip in the door has passed.
Fingers crossed that Norma gets added on, it's on that my hopes are hooked.
I'd imagine Aoife Thornton will still hold off for another few years, she has very young children.
As for my cousin, he'll up his profile down south considerably in the next few weeks and months, he's featuring on the radio a lot recently. Too early to say if he'll hold the seat for the party, however.
We can't say when we don't have a full certainty on the ticket!

kbcav

Well, the HRs say there won't be a third candidate, but as Jerry O'Sullivan and Michael O'Regan agreed last Friday, we can't believe that until the deadline bell has rung, and the five minute window to slip in the door has passed.
I'd imagine Aoife Thornton will still hold off for another few years, she has very young children.
As for my cousin, he'll up his profile down south considerably in the next few weeks and months, he's featuring on the radio a lot recently. Too early to say if he'll hold the seat for the party, however.
On a bad day in the Locals for SF in May they got under 10,000 votes in Kerry so i would expect Pa Daly to comfortably retain the seat for SF.

Paddypogue66

Maybe not a 3rd Healy Rea but they may possibly run Johnny H.R. instead of His father Danny to keep the seat ( I think Danny is a liability)
If Norma Foley gets the nod it will be some kick in the Ass for John Brassil, she will be very strong in the Tralee area and will pick up lots of votes that would previously gone to Teoreasa Ferris that may not necessarily go Pa Daly’s way.
F. G. need to run a candidate in the Listowel area to try to get Jimmy Deenihans seat back, if Aoife doesn’t put her hat in the ring, will F.G. go knocking at Jimmy’s door again or has that ship passed, their only other option is Mike Kennelly, but he stepped out of the race last year saying he wanted to concentrate on the KCC
Should be a S.F. Seat in Kerry but Martin Ferris was lucky to get over the line in 2016, I can see Pa Daly being under pressure to keep the S.F. seat.

Bea C

Griffin's performance on Radio Kerry this morning left me shaking with rage, his contempt for the hare (or his love and respect for it, or whatever shite he spouted). Even were he one of the north Kerry stock who genuinely partook in these things in his life, but he's from down west-way, there's f**k all coursing there, the prick is simply trying to cover his own ar$e!
A calculating bastard of the highest order.
Looking forward to meeting him over the next few months.
And I'll be a well blooded bitch when I do.
He was followed by deputy danny then, though, and that lifted my spirits! You couldn't get angry with that moron: his performance was so completely and utterly beyond parody. He can't string a coherent sentence together?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies