Kerry County Council 'Municipal District' Results 2014

johnny365

Just thought I would set up this thread so that all the tallies results and debate from all the Kerry Municipal Districts can be kept in the one place. In my own District i predict 3 FG, 2 FF, 2 LAB, 2 SF.

Last edited:

Kerrygold

You'll be alone if you go to the Mitchels in the morning Johnny.

The sorting is on in Killarney. Won't be in the Mitchels till about 6pm.

Don't say I never did anything for you.

johnny365

You'll be alone if you go to the Mitchels in the morning Johnny.

The sorting is on in Killarney. Won't be in the Mitchels till about 6pm.

Don't say I never did anything for you.
Il have to buy you a pint!!

johnny365

The Tommy Collins camp are very confident, do they know something the rest of us dont!!

Last edited:

gijoe

No. No they don't.

Sam Locke is very confident. They're all confident. Except Spring.
I think there is only one Labour seat. TOB had a team going around with him whereas Graham just had one guy that I saw and did not seem at home with the whole canvassing lark.

johnny365

I think there is only one Labour seat. TOB had a team going around with him whereas Graham just had one guy that I saw and did not seem at home with the whole canvassing lark.
If so who will take the seats? SF made a huge slip up in not running a 3rd candidate.

Kerrygold

Yeah. I believe they had to stop carrying AJ around because of the reaction.

But there should be enough for him to get elected. 3400 votes in 2009. He could lose half that and still be elected.

johnny365

But there should be enough for him to get elected. 3400 votes in 2009. He could lose half that and still be elected.
Wharton-Slattery will be the only Labour candidate to lose out, can you honestly see any of the Independents making it?

johnny365

We'll have to wait and see.

But it wasn't too long ago you predicted we would only win 1.
Huge anti government sentiment around, the field of Independents isnt great and FF are the same old jaded ticket. No where else for that vote to go other than SF.

gijoe

If the Labour vote halves, as polls indicate and I do not buy that individuals are particularly immune from a national trend, then there is only one Labour seat and spitting it 3 ways makes it cast iron!

gijoe

Wharton-Slattery will be the only Labour candidate to lose out, can you honestly see any of the Independents making it?
Sam Locke has an excellent chance by my reckoning. I find it difficult to make a case on all known information for the other pair.

johnny365

Sam Locke has an excellent chance by my reckoning. I find it difficult to make a case on all known information for the other pair.
I cant see locke significantly increasing his vote enough to make it, I think the only thing up for grabs is will it be FG or FF that will get 3 seats. I predict a battle for the final seat between Ted Fitz and Grace O'Donnell.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom