• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kerry North, GE 2007

Kerrygold

As a Kerry person, I'd like to get peoples opinions on Kerry North. Will FF run 3 candidates, who will they be, will Labour take back the seat they lost to SF. Is Deenihan coming to the end of his career?

Or does anyone care?

Kerrygold

Kerrygold said:
As a Kerry person, I'd like to get peoples opinions on Kerry North. Will FF run 3 candidates, who will they be, will Labour take back the seat they lost to SF. Is Deenihan coming to the end of his career?

Or does anyone care?

Anyone?

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
Dude, post it in the Munster section next time. (Whichever section you're browsing when you start a thread, that's the section it appears in, fyi).

Anyway, I've taken pity on you whining like an abandoned Labrador, so here's my answers (plus the fact that it's my Dad's home constituency gives me a moderately vested interest):

FF to run two candidates
Ferris to top the poll on the first count :evil:
Deenihan to be the sole FGer and retain his seat, though it might be a close one over whoever the second FFer is (possibly Foley [?] but obviously not Desperate Dan Kiely).

Outcome: to remain as they are. Labour will be down to about 8% at best and won't be in the running.

Happy? ;)

Harpey

To be honest, kerrygold, we've had this out before. you and I both know that little will change. Maybe the order shall be different, but there is nobody of any profile to chalenge the existing candidates either within their own parties, nor indeed from the Labour camp which seems to have retreated to the cities.

Harpey

Agreed. And on that point, I bid you adieu or good night.

mercyboy34

green said:
Labour will be down to about 8% at best and won't be in the running.
Don't think it is fair to say this when u think of Terry O'Brien's performance in Tralee, where a 'non Spring' beat Ms Ferris

Kerrygold

mercyboy34 said:
green said:
Labour will be down to about 8% at best and won't be in the running.
Don't think it is fair to say this when u think of Terry O'Brien's performance in Tralee, where a 'non Spring' beat Ms Ferris
Actually, Ms Ferris took the first seat. Plus if you look at Terry O'Briens vote, it was way down on what Maeve Spring got in 1999.

I agree that 8% might be a bit unfair.

mercyboy34

[/quote]Actually, Ms Ferris took the first seat. Plus if you look at Terry O'Briens vote, it was way down on what Maeve Spring got in 1999.

I agree that 8% might be a bit unfair.[/quote] fair point, but he did get more first preferences thatn ms ferris, and also labour vote was higher than sinnfein. labour also beat sf in town council elections. i think o'brien's achievement was huge and cannot be directly compared to maeve spring's vote. apart from being dick's sister, maeve was a highly respected politician in her own right, and as dick's pa, more or less a full-time politician

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Johnno said:
First seat: Ferris
Second seat: Terry O'Brien
Third seat: Tommy Mc
would Labour be that likely to beat FG if Deneihan stepped down ?

Who have FG lined up to fight after Deneihan

Kerrygold

rockofcashel said:
Johnno said:
would Labour be that likely to beat FG if Deneihan stepped down ?

Who have FG lined up to fight after Deneihan
Who ever said that Deenihan was stepping down?

mercyboy34

Johnno said:
what's the point in just repeating that fact, without referring to the points i put forward. disagree with kerrygold, but at least he can think out his arguement

candid

Rumours that the PD's are about to sign up a very high profile candidate for Kerry North...I can say no more.

Badnarik_Eire

Don't they already have one?