Kerry's Eye Editor "ashamed" of Michael Healy-Rae

Kerrygold

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a fan of The Kerrys Eye editor Padraig Kennelly, but he's opinon piece in last weeks paper about Michael Healy Rae's antics in Banna are spot on.

http://www.kerryseye.com/004opinion.html

He finishes his editorial with:
I am no longer an admirer of his political career. I must admit to being ashamed of him over this activity.
Strong stuff indeed.

geraghd

What's with the "People Power" stamp underneath the title in the print edition?

goosebump

Kerrygold said:
I wouldn't exactly describe myself as a fan of The Kerrys Eye editor Padraig Kennelly, but he's opinon piece in last weeks paper about Michael Healy Rae's antics in Banna are spot on.

I am no longer an admirer of his political career. I must admit to being ashamed of him over this activity.
Strong stuff indeed.

Its odd that he thinks MHR has an understanding of planning law.

Kerrygold

goosebump said:
Kerrygold said:

Strong stuff indeed.

Why is it odd? He's an engineering contractor and County Councillor.

FrankSpeaks

It was a stupid move on the part of Michael to get personally involved in site in Banna.

kerrynorth

Kerrygold said:
goosebump said:
Kerrygold said:

Strong stuff indeed.

Why is it odd? He's an engineering contractor and County Councillor.
And MHR's defence of the individual involved of course has nothing to do with the fact that he is a big financial contributor to the Healy-Raes, €2k at last years election alone I think. I am sure it would have nothing to do with that! :shock:

eyeSpy

good for him and the local paper for getting stuck into the royalty down there.

the healy raes drop key words like 'the shtate of the roads' or 'ordinary decent country people' into every utterance.
it works for them big time though.

Kerrygold

In 1998-99 the owner of the Caravan Park, Mr. Liam West, was brought to court for bulldozing the sand dunes in Banna, which are protected, and they have yet to be restored to their orignal state. In 2005 Kerry County Council had to take out a court injunction against the same person for attempting to extend his caravan park outside the permitted area.

And Healy-Rae accuses the residents of the area of engaging in a witchunt against the owner. :roll:

Two years ago (I think) the owner was granted planning permission by Kerry County Council to extend his park in an area which was prone to flooding (there were swans pictured swimming in the site!!). This was a ludicrous decision by KCC and there were a lot of raised eyebrows in the county. Michael Healy Rae made representations on his behalf prior to planning being granted, despite the fact that 99% of residents were opposed to it. It was appealed to An Bord Pleanala and common sense prevailed and the permission was overturned.

As Kerrynorth pointed out above, it may have something to do with Michael's father receiving a generous donation from Mr. West before last years election.

FrankSpeaks

Kerrygold said:
In 1998-99 the owner of the Caravan Park, Mr. Liam West, was brought to court for bulldozing the sand dunes in Banna, which are protected, and they have yet to be restored to their orignal state. In 2005 Kerry County Council had to take out a court injunction against the same person for attempting to extend his caravan park outside the permitted area.

And Healy-Rae accuses the residents of the area of engaging in a witchunt against the owner. :roll:

Two years ago (I think) the owner was granted planning permission by Kerry County Council to extend his park in an area which was prone to flooding (there were swans pictured swimming in the site!!). This was a ludicrous decision by KCC and there were a lot of raised eyebrows in the county. Michael Healy Rae made representations on his behalf prior to planning being granted, despite the fact that 99% of residents were opposed to it. It was appealed to An Bord Pleanala and common sense prevailed and the permission was overturned.

As Kerrynorth pointed out above, it may have something to do with Michael's father receiving a generous donation from Mr. West before last years election.

If I remember correctly Mr. West claimed that he got permission to carry work on the park from a high up authority in the council. I wonder did the authority go by name Healy Rea!

flavirostris

He was an admirer of MHR at one stage?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies