Kevin Lunney - who did it, and why

Emily Davison

Apart from the absolute savagery, to say nothing of the life changing attack on an innocent man, I’m surprised there is no thread on it posted on here.

Who did this.
In whose name.
For money.
Or to reinstate Quinn.
Or why
To what end or purpose

Last edited:

Patslatt1

Apart from the absolute savagery, to say nothing of the life changing attack on an innocent man, I’m surprised there is no thread on it posted on here.

Who did this.
In whose name.
For money.
Or to reinstate Quinn.
Or why
To what end or purpose
See 'People don't know who'll be next': How a campaign of intimidation came to Fermanagh and Cavan

Quinn was a local hero in the rural region for all the businesses he started there.. Some of the likely paramilitary types took it upon themselves to defend him in bankruptcy without his knowledge, likely by idiotically demanding that his total bankruptcy should not lead to any restructuring of the businesses. It's likely the new management had to undertake restructurings and reorganisations to save what was left, leading to layoffs unpopular with the unbusinesslike paramilitary mindset.
It's surprising that the police on both sides of the border have failed to identify and prosecute the paramilitaries for threats and intimidation. Fermanagh was relatively peaceful in the Troubles, so cooperation with the PSNI should be expected.
After such violence, I expect the police or the company will equip relevant employees with electronic signalling devices to convey their location if attacked. They should have done so before now. See SOS button Best 3G GPS Tracker Devices - Trackimo

Last edited:

Patslatt1

See 'People don't know who'll be next': How a campaign of intimidation came to Fermanagh and Cavan

Quinn was a local hero in the rural region for all the businesses he started there.. Some of the likely paramilitary types took it upon themselves to defend him in bankruptcy without his knowledge, likely by idiotically demanding that his total bankruptcy should not lead to any restructuring of the businesses. It's likely the new management had to undertake restructurings and reorganisations to save what was left, leading to layoffs unpopular with the unbusinesslike paramilitary mindset.
It's surprising that the police on both sides of the border have failed to identify and prosecute the paramilitaries for threats and intimidation. Fermanagh was relatively peaceful in the Troubles, so cooperation with the PSNI should be expected.
After such violence, I expect the police or the company will equip relevant employees with electronic signalling devices to convey their location if attacked. They should have done so before now. See SOS alarms Best 3G GPS Tracker Devices - Trackimo

Last edited:

recedite

Behind a web of bottles, bales,
Tobacco, sugar, coffin nails,
The gombeen like a spider sits,
Surfeited; and, for all his wits,
As meagre as the tally-board,
On which his usuries are scored.

The Gombeen Man was always despised in Ireland.

Nobody likes to see a guy's legs broken with an iron bar, but I have to confess to some satisfying schadenfreude when I heard the vultures had scuttled away and taken flight.
The company’s US-based bankers and bond holders who were to attend the meeting were immediately advised not to travel.
Some who had just arrived in Ireland took the first flight back to the US.

McTell

Twitter
No
Fact is, quinn gambled his businesses away on currency trades that went wrong. He had no experience in the area.

Quinn was also a hero in a bleak area, creating thousands of jobs. But his workers should remember he gambled with their futures and lost.

We are left with a family that has ignored court orders and salted money away, borrowed money that we have had to pay back. And we pay a 2% extra premium on policies, because of laya and insurance "mistakes".

If I was writing a novel around this, I would have the kids trying to wreck the biz so they can buy it back at a one bidder auction, with heavies on the door. To do this, all jobs must go, even the last 850. But in any case "we must not tell the old man what we are doing". Then when it all succeeds, the biz is placed at the feet of the old man.

In the real world, the junior quinns are better off in arizona or brisbane, hoping it will all be forgotten.

Levellers

This campaign to get the bankrupt Quinn back in charge of the companies he bankrupted is being funded and directed by a well known businessperson.

It's anyone's guess who that is.

bactrian

According to the IT this morning

"The dozen-strong gang had prepared a horsebox as a mobile torture chamber before the attack. Some of the 50-year-old’s fingernails were pulled out during the assault, his face and neck were slashed with a Stanley knife and his right leg was badly broken twice below the knee."

In another article in that paper it is reported that these criminals "...took care not to leave behind incriminating DNA evidence, pouring industrial-strength bleach over Mr Lunney's wounds, causing him excruciating pain"

Kevin Lunney was tortured. The sick individuals who did this enjoyed inflicting pain. What was done was done for pleasure, not for gain.

There are those who have information which would identify , or help to identify, these men. Anyone who fails to assist the Gardai or the PSNI in catching these psychos shares in the guilt of what was done to Mr Lunney.

Hunter-Gatherer

Who did it ? Monsters did it

Buchaill Dana

This campaign to get the bankrupt Quinn back in charge of the companies he bankrupted is being funded and directed by a well known businessperson.

It's anyone's guess who that is.
But surely that businessman, whoever they may be, must know its gone and not coming back and getting hardmen acquaintances, who may or may not have a financial stake, to torture the current managers makes that absolutely impossible?

Businessman might be arrogant and refuse to take any responsibility, but they aren't completely thick.

Has businessman, again, whomever they may be, simply lost control of the situation?

pablabel12

But surely that businessman, whoever they may be, must know its gone and not coming back and getting hardmen acquaintances, who may or may not have a financial stake, to torture the current managers makes that absolutely impossible?

Businessman might be arrogant and refuse to take any responsibility, but they aren't completely thick.

Has businessman, again, whomever they may be, simply lost control of the situation?
There is a quote in the independent today from QIH director; John McCartin, stating that any condemnation by Mr Quinn was of little comfort. What we need is not only that those who directly perpetrate these crimes to be brought to heal, but whoever is instigating, procuring and paying for them also to be brought to heel.

Buchaill Dana

There is a quote in the independent today from QIH director; John McCartin, stating that any condemnation by Mr Quinn was of little comfort. What we need is not only that those who directly perpetrate these crimes to be brought to heal, but whoever is instigating, procuring and paying for them also to be brought to heel.
Id say the lawyers had a long meeting about that

Finbar10

Goons hired by parties unknown getting just a bit overenthusiastic with regard to their brief?

If the current hedge fund someday decides to sell up, then who is going to replace them as backer? I guess if the situation in the area is sufficiently hostile and violent, then any such new backer would be foolish not to have the Quinns on board as a, let's say, "calming influence". Sure, the family have been condemning the violence, but in some ways it does coincidentally happen to serve their interests. And, of course, Gardaí in an area are only human and often tend to share similar outlooks to others in the locality. One would wonder how all this has shaped the Garda response so far to the campaign of intimidation.

Last edited:

raetsel

It's surprising that the police on both sides of the border have failed to identify and prosecute the paramilitaries for threats and intimidation. Fermanagh was relatively peaceful in the Troubles, so cooperation with the PSNI should be expected
I live in Enniskillen. I'm not at all surprised.

paulp

Goons hired by parties unknown getting just a bit overenthusiastic with regard to their brief?

If the current hedge fund someday decides to sell up, then who is going to replace them as backer? I guess if the situation in the area is sufficiently hostile and violent, then any such new backer would be foolish not to have the Quinns on board as a, let's say, "calming influence".
If it's going at a bargain, I would say there would be plenty of buyers.
And probably plenty who would be more than happy to meet fire with fire rather than hand over some of their empire.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies