Kevin Myers kills his own career...

Leinsterview

I can't say I was especially a fan of Myers or of his particular worldview. Nevertheless I think his abrupt dismissal was inappropriate and grossly disproportionate. And the masochist in me leads me to (sort of) miss him.

Last edited:

Leinsterview

The serving Lord Lieutenant, Lord Clarendon, wrote to the prime minister, Russell: “I do not think there is another legislature in Europe that would disregard such suffering as now exists in the west of Ireland, or coldly persist in a policy of extermination.” (April 26th, 1849).
This means that those who tend to gloss over the Famine abomination would need to get into a time capsule and trash it out with Lord Clarendon who was not some nationalist propagandist but the British government's head operative in Ireland.

Golah veNekhar

Never heard of him.
He is regarded by many as the greatest living British conservative philosopher/cultural critic/what have you. Sometimes his writings can be silly and even stupid, however at other times he can be exquisitely brilliant, especially in his writings on Wagner which are truly first class. Anyway some Conservative Party Minisrer in the current government gave him a "title" position/job but than he went and made a speech that was recorded in which he bitched about George Soros which the Board of (Jewish) Deputies saw as anti-Semitic and they ran and got him fired. However shall we say mutual friends of both such as the Henry Jackson Society and Meliane Philips went into damage limitation and well I am not sure if he got the job back but there were mumbled apologies. It was a while ago but I found the whole thing very funny- in a gallows' humour type manner.,

I do not actually think that George Soros is as things stand actually evil, or that his current activities come from a desire to wreck Christian Civilization (which has already been wrecked by Christians themselves) for a Cossack saying boo to one of his great-great-great aunts back in the Pale of Settlement. No I think he sincerely believes that he is making amends for all the damage he did to humanity through a very dodgy career- the problem is that virtues that are stripped of prudence can very often be worse than vices.

Finbar10

He is regarded by many as the greatest living British conservative philosopher/cultural critic/what have you. Sometimes his writings can be silly and even stupid, however at other times he can be exquisitely brilliant, especially in his writings on Wagner which are truly first class. Anyway some Conservative Party Minisrer in the current government gave him a "title" position/job but than he went and made a speech that was recorded in which he bitched about George Soros which the Board of (Jewish) Deputies saw as anti-Semitic and they ran and got him fired. However shall we say mutual friends of both such as the Henry Jackson Society and Meliane Philips went into damage limitation and well I am not sure if he got the job back but there were mumbled apologies. It was a while ago but I found the whole thing very funny- in a gallows' humour type manner.,

I do not actually think that George Soros is as things stand actually evil, or that his current activities come from a desire to wreck Christian Civilization (which has already been wrecked by Christians themselves) for a Cossack saying boo to one of his great-great-great aunts back in the Pale of Settlement. No I think he sincerely believes that he is making amends for all the damage he did to humanity through a very dodgy career- the problem is that virtues that are stripped of prudence can very often be worse than vices.
I remember this. Scruton was interviewed by the left-wing New Statesman magazine. Controversy blew up that he supposedly had made a number of anti-Semitic, anti-Chinese and Islamophobic remarks. The young editor who did the interview even had a tweet up with a bottle of champagne and comments celebrating that he'd bagged right-wing racist Scruton. There was a rush for everyone to dissociate themselves from Scruton. Though, there were some calls for the full transcript of the interview to be released. Later the right-wing Spectator somehow got its hands on a recording of the interview. Douglas Murray wrote an article there pointing out that pretty much everything had been taken out of context. It was all reasonable enough when relevant paragraphs and qualifying sentences were put back in. Looking at Wikipedia now, it seems that even the New Statesman itself later demoted the editor, George Eaton, for this incident (deputy editor down to assistant editor).

Golah veNekhar

I remember this. Scruton was interviewed by the left-wing New Statesman magazine. Controversy blew up that he supposedly had made a number of anti-Semitic, anti-Chinese and Islamophobic remarks. The young editor who did the interview even had a tweet up with a bottle of champagne and comments celebrating that he'd bagged right-wing racist Scruton. There was a rush for everyone to dissociate themselves from Scruton. Though, there were some calls for the full transcript of the interview to be released. Later the right-wing Spectator somehow got its hands on a recording of the interview. Douglas Murray wrote an article there pointing out that pretty much everything had been taken out of context. It was all reasonable enough when relevant paragraphs and qualifying sentences were put back in. Looking at Wikipedia now, it seems that even the New Statesman itself later demoted the editor, George Eaton, for this incident (deputy editor down to assistant editor).
Are you sure it was not an after dinner speech?

I remember the role of the especially sinister Douglas Murrary in affair though. There was a thread on this but it got zooed. I must look into the whole thing again.

Golah veNekhar

And anyone who says a word against your sancrosanct, partisan, sectarian dogma gets labelled as "Palestinian child-murdering supporting scum" or some such. It's just a formula for you. God forbid you would ever have to engage your pointless little brain.
roc_ how many indigenous Palestinians did the Zionists kill so far this year? According to official UN figures and we both know that the number is significantlly higher 10, 540 and how many Jews have been killed over in Palestine by the indigenous population? Nine. White Nationalists or "White Zionists" as Richard Spencer and other of their leaders call them killed more Jews in the USA than Palestinians killed in Palestine. Now think for a moment about those numbers- if Jews were not involved what would your reaction be tlo that situation? Could it be that sacrosanct, partisan, sectarian dogma is distorting your view of the situation? Maybe just a little? Remember that Gantz campaigned on his mass murdering in Gaza which included mass murdering of children- why did he do that unless he believed it would appeal to Zionist Jews in Palestine? You cannot have it both ways.

https://www.ochaopt.org/poc/17-30-september-2019

soubresauts

Oh contraire mon sewer, I merely want to see the proof of the millions gassed.
You're being silly. No one half-reasonable believes that millions were gassed; some were, but nothing like a million. Similarly, it is pretty obvious that the number of Jewish victims killed outside the camps was enormous, perhaps more than in the camps*. I don't know if six million was ever a serious estimate for the number of camp victims, but it seems a reasonable estimate for the total number of Jewish victims, with the acknowledgment that the true figure could be significantly higher.

* Camps meaning all those places of slavery and forced labour, as well as the famous concentration camps.

RasherHash

You're being silly. No one half-reasonable believes that millions were gassed; some were, but nothing like a million. Similarly, it is pretty obvious that the number of Jewish victims killed outside the camps was enormous, perhaps more than in the camps*. I don't know if six million was ever a serious estimate for the number of camp victims, but it seems a reasonable estimate for the total number of Jewish victims, with the acknowledgment that the true figure could be significantly higher.

* Camps meaning all those places of slavery and forced labour, as well as the famous concentration camps.
Why is it 'pretty obvious that the number of Jewish victims killed outside the camps was enormous'?

Why does 6 million seem reasonable to you?

soubresauts

Why is it 'pretty obvious that the number of Jewish victims killed outside the camps was enormous'?

Why does 6 million seem reasonable to you?
Have you read any history of WWII? What do you think the German army (+ police regiments + local militia + various allies) were doing in Poland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, the Yugoslavian countries, etc.?

Read, for example, Hitler's Willing Executioners by Goldhagen. All those countries had big populations of Jews before the war. What do you think happened to them?

We know that many of the Jews of Western Europe fled before the Nazis got them, with the US being their main sanctuary, but it wasn't like that for most of the Eastern European Jews.

RasherHash

Have you read any history of WWII? What do you think the German army (+ police regiments + local militia + various allies) were doing in Poland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, the Yugoslavian countries, etc.?

Read, for example, Hitler's Willing Executioners by Goldhagen. All those countries had big populations of Jews before the war. What do you think happened to them?

We know that many of the Jews of Western Europe fled before the Nazis got them, with the US being their main sanctuary, but it wasn't like that for most of the Eastern European Jews.
Finkelstein called such books, the holocaust industry, they're not really history but designed to reinforce the holocaust stories of scared former camp inmates.

Anyway there's a whole thread dedicated to the holocaust, all of these questions were entertained over and over there 🙂

Last edited:

AhNowStop

So you're saying there were British "murdering scum" on the phone to the landlords, telling them, "keep sucking the place dry chaps, who cares about a few million starving catholic paddies"...

Not individual landlords with staff, running expenses, debts to pay, commercial contracts to service, who caught between a rock and a hard place put self-interest first.

You know this type of idiocy just says everything about your mindset. A partisan, half-witted mindset only capable of jumping to the most simplistic judgemental certainties, always with it the self-righteous, self-appointed, judge, jury, and would be executioner.

And anyone who says a word against your sancrosanct, partisan, sectarian dogma gets labelled as "Palestinian child-murdering supporting scum" or some such. It's just a formula for you. God forbid you would ever have to engage your pointless little brain.

Eh son, you're just a f***ing moron, am I right or am I right :rolleyes:
😂 Hmm, me thinks you're wrong again you cretinous little murder supporting fool.. and you're a liar to boot .. You'll notice you've quoted me as posting that the landlords were British "murdering scum" .. now thats as maybe but I didnt post it .. so as well as being a supporter of the murder of palestinian children & the starvation of Irish Catholics (and many protestants too btw but you morons seem to forget that) you're a pathetic little lying scrote as well .. who'd a thunk it eh wee son ;)

and imagine the downright cheek and hypocrisy of a supporter of the IDF murdering Palestinian children behind a wire fence calling someone else "Partisan, self-righteous, self-appointed, judge, jury, and would be executioner."

You wee loyalist fukwits are all the same .. You always accuse the other side of your own grotesque sins whilst being pathetic supporters of violence & murder as long as its your side doing it

So to recap:-

Im on here condemning the British for shipping millions of tons of food out of part of their own so called "union" while millions of their own so called "subjects" starved to death
but you pathetically try to absolve the British of any guilt with your idiotic infantile excuses

I have frequently been on other threads condemning the murder of little Palestinian children while you continuously excuse and even support it

so who's the fuking moron again wee son .. me thinks its you and you're a lot worse than that

Last edited:

AhNowStop

Of course they should have turned them round, every time, but there were no trucks and railways. No system to just give away food, it had to be bought and redistributed by quill-pen rules and regulations. The poor law system also couldn't cope, and the result was a disaster.
The simple answer that they made a bit of a hash of it just doesn't ring true .. it was a calculated decision NOT to help and millions of Irish Catholics starved because of it...

Just look at the performance of Queen Victoria herself over the issue .. So this disgraceful behaviour came right from the top .. what else could we expect I suppose

roc_

😂 Hmm, me thinks you're wrong again you cretinous little murder supporting fool..
Three days it took you to come up with that unregenerate sh1te?

You're a f*cking disgrace to 🇮🇪, you moron. Clear off.

AhNowStop

Three days it took you to come up with that unregenerate sh1te?

You're a f*cking disgrace to 🇮🇪, you moron. Clear off.
Jaysus :rolleyes: a rebuttal truly worthy of the murder supporting fool you are ..

So anyway lad, you keep excusing & supporting murder and I'll just keep condemning & opposing it .. you really are the dregs btw, the absolute dregs .. yuk 🤮

btw, some of us have a life .. So thanks I had a great weekend what about yourself wee son ;)

Last edited:

McTell

Twitter
No
The simple answer that they made a bit of a hash of it just doesn't ring true .. it was a calculated decision NOT to help and millions of Irish Catholics starved because of it...

Just look at the performance of Queen Victoria herself over the issue .. So this disgraceful behaviour came right from the top .. what else could we expect I suppose

Yes, but how did you and I, who are descended from 3/4 of the population, make it to here? You're saying they made a hash of the genocide.

And the other big mystery is how we got back into bed with the genocidal liberals as soon as they would have us.

Sweet Darling

Yes, but how did you and I, who are descended from 3/4 of the population, make it to here? You're saying they made a hash of the genocide.

And the other big mystery is how we got back into bed with the genocidal liberals as soon as they would have us.
We made it because we did not share our food with our fellow country men and women. Unlike the Scots who did and only around 1000 died.
Nature was the cause of the crop failure. If you want to get even, start a forest fire.

A Voice

Are you sure it was not an after dinner speech?

I remember the role of the especially sinister Douglas Murrary in affair though. There was a thread on this but it got zooed. I must look into the whole thing again.
Finbar is correct. And what is "especially sinister" about DM? An innocuous if clear-sighted and articulate commentator. Sees Islam and liberal degeneracy for what they are.

New Threads

Most Replies