• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kildare South discussion

sandar

with fg probably shoting themselves in the foot I wouldnt take a seat gain for themf ro granted.
power has the newbridge area covered but its an area which hjas been hard hit by the property bubble and job losses

the agent

FF will find it very hard to hold 2 out of 3 in any 3 seater come the next election.

L

longshortgrass

with fg probably shoting themselves in the foot I wouldnt take a seat gain for themf ro granted.
power has the newbridge area covered but its an area which hjas been hard hit by the property bubble and job losses
Power is known to Old Newbridge, even though he is from Caragh in Naas.
The average New Newbridge would have no idea who he is or who his father was. Power's publically funded dogsbody, Pat Black, lost his KCC seat in the last LE.

Newbridge is no longer a FF town.

sandar

I agree with your analysis longshortgrass but I woinder how many of the new newbridge will turn out to vote? while the old newbridge will

What the hell

New newbridge may turn out in numbers to voice their view next time round. Which will see Sean P in trouble, I Think.

Aristodemus

Power has a very tenuous hold on his seat. If FG have a proper candidate I expect Power to lose which would be some achievement for him. I have never seen him take a stand on any issue. Maybe he's hoping that his slight anti-Cowen stand may swing a few old school FF votes his way

sandar

he took a tsand aginst haughey.

but yes he could be in trouble, Im no FFer but Ive met sean and hes a nice fella, not the man you want at the tiller when there is a cerisi though, I have never met wall or o fearghaill.

I think martin heydon is a decent candiadte but has geography aginst him

the agent

but yes he could be in trouble, Im no FFer but Ive met sean and hes a nice fella, not the man you want at the tiller when there is a cerisi though, I have never met wall or o fearghaill.

have you got spellcheck on your computer.

Nick Leeson

Does anyone know where else in Kildare South that Power gets votes from? Obviously Caragh, but what about other parts?

Asparagus

Does anyone know where else in Kildare South that Power gets votes from? Obviously Caragh, but what about other parts?
He gets a bag sent down from HQ every counting day and throws them in with the rest - like all the other FF lads.:mrgreen:

Casualbets

Power dominates in Newbridge, Caragh and the broad North-East of the constituency. He'll be the worst hit by the geographical impact of Heydon's candidacy. Unlike other constituencies, there's no agreed split so himself and O'Fearghail are in competition for votes in the West of the Constituency (the FF heartland) and the rural south.

L

longshortgrass

I was referring to the General Election in 2007 - Power got 38% in Newbridge.
2007 was a different country.:cool:

Check out the 2009 LE tie between FF and FG in Newbridge.

Power has lost his KCC mullocher, Pot Black, now a mere town counciller. :p

paperweight

Please Sandar! from Newbridge never met wall or o fearghaill but heydon is a decent candidate,!- both wall and o fearghail have done more work on the ground yet you already made a verdict on a relatively unknown candidate
I would suggest any candidate who underestimates Power is in trouble - Kildare sth likes to buck the trend - at least one FF seat left and my money on Power