Kilkenny rednecks against mosque and cultural center

Buchaill Dana

Who is funding the mosque? We need to make sure its not the Saudis because allowing them to do so in the UK has been an unmitigated disaster.

And even if the Saudis have nothing to do with this mosque, I stand over my proposal for registration of mosques so that An Garda Siochana can verify that radicals are not preaching there as in the UK and sometimes even here.

In the long term, moderate Muslims will welcome such proposals to protect them and us from the lunatics.

In fact, many Muslims will be comfortable with state regulation, as Islam in Muslim countries is often regulated by the State anyway.
Like your claim yesterday that mosques are only built in poor areas, I'm filing the above under nonsense. It's armband stuff.

D

Deleted member 48908

Kilkenny are well known for being dirty hurling players, now it seems they are angry racist savages to boot:
Irish Times - ‘This is Kilkenny, not Mecca’: angry opposition to mosque plan

Green party councilor says the meeting was badly moderated, had hate speech and there was troublesome social media activity before it:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/pubic-meeting-regarding-planned-kilkenny-mosque-regrettable-837362.html

What should be done about these Kilkebarbarians ?

Cyp
Will the proposed cafe allow children?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/limerick/263253-outsider-ban-local-children-establishment.html

redneck

Kilkenny play in black and amber- not red (necks)

Hitchcock

Spirit Of Newgrange

Racist ? islam is an ideology. Just like communism. Toxic and nothing to do with race.

Hitchcock

redneck

Racist ? islam is an ideology. Just like communism. Toxic and nothing to do with race.
So are British Israeli's. The British Israelis believe that Ulster Unionists, Little Englanders and Israeli Jews are all descended from an ancient Biblical tribe. And because of this they can do no wrong- they have a direct line to the Almighty!

ionsniffer

They have every right to defend their town and homes whether its a Catholic church, a road or an aldi being built.
In this case I'm sure many have seen what has gone on in the UK and are worried about it.

Lagertha

It's a prime example of an unwillingness to integrate. It isn't just a mosque and cultural centre. It is a mosque, a coffee shop, a library, accommodation and various other buildings. It is a separate unit within the town enabling Muslims to avoid having to come into contact with the non Muslims. It should not be given planning permission. They are either part of the community or they are not, if they don't want to integrate there are many flights available to take them back to their countries of origin.

Spirit Of Newgrange

integration ?

how many irish (christian or athiest) fellas will strike up a romantic relationship with local muslim women in kilkenny ?

what will the rate of 'longtem unemployment' be among the families using this mosque ? 5% ? 95% ?

Last edited:

Mick Mac

The Green party.

I thought they were wiped out after pushing austerity down everyone's throats.

It's great to be able to paint yourself as the good guy when you are in a party that was lock, stock and barrel, Alex Jones level crazy for austerity.

Well done the Greens.

GDPR

It's a prime example of an unwillingness to integrate. It isn't just a mosque and cultural centre. It is a mosque, a coffee shop, a library, accommodation and various other buildings. It is a separate unit within the town enabling Muslims to avoid having to come into contact with the non Muslims. It should not be given planning permission. They are either part of the community or they are not, if they don't want to integrate there are many flights available to take them back to their countries of origin.
So which bit bothers you the most? The coffee shop, the library, or the loos?

damus

They have every right to defend their town and homes whether its a Catholic church, a road or an aldi being built.
In this case I'm sure many have seen what has gone on in the UK and are worried about it.
It's not "their town", they don't own it.

Brera

"It wasn't well moderated and people were allowed to say things that were really disparaging and very hurtful to people and for that, I think it is most regrettable."

Where does Noonan say they shouldn't be allowed speak?
He says some of the stuff said was disparaging and hurtful, and that is widely reported as being accurate
Just because you are allowed say something doesn't mean it isn't nasty and hurtful and even racist
And a senior FF politician organising a meeting to allow this is indeed "regrettable"

Greens wouldn't be favourite party, but Noonan is a decent guy, well liked and fair
Mc Guinness is a classic FF old school speak out of both sides of mouth opportunist

Overall, Kilkenny city is a very vibrant and progressive pace,s o I'd be disappointed with this sort of rabble rousing stuff
I’d agree that Noonan is a decent guy.

When I heard McGuinness organised the meeting I smelt a rat.

No doubt a few residents have some concerns and he has no jumped on board.

If it wasn’t in the area near his constituency office and in a different electoral area to his son I have no doubt he’d be all for it.

There seems to be a huge amount of misinformation and scaremongering on the issue, driven by rubbish like this https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1619496278117706&id=526686194065392

thetruthspeaks

Ireland should follow Hungary and Poland's lead on this Middle Eastern death Cult.

Let's not have an Irish Rotherham.

Banning it from the country would be the most sensible option - I would like a referendum on this.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies