• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Killester united deported from brazil.

SilverSpurs

In todays daily star: irish football squad denied entry at sao paulo after rowdy behaviour on plane after tanking up in madrid. Have to say well done to the brazilians, at last someone teaches our louts a hard lesson in manners and sent them home. My only regret is that customs didnt get a shot at them. I have got the once over from brazilian customs and it aint pretty.

At times when travelling i am ashamed to be irish with the carry on i have witnessed.

Sync

Good on the Brazillians. I've been to Brazil, it's about 10 hours flying from Portugal. How drunk do you have to be to still be hammered when you arrive? Morons. Hope the club makes them swim home.

corelli

Bunch of knackers in a confined space with alcohol available. Ooooppppsss

Sync

Presumably drink was available in-flight ?
Yeah but you have to try REALLY hard to drink solidly for 10 hours on a flight and manage to tread the line between being too hammered to be let in the country but not hammered enough to cause the flight to complain. Expensive too.

niropiro

Sao Paulo is a pretty rowdy place - a sky high murder rate and police who have no qualms about summarily executing suspects. These muppets from Killester should count themselves lucky.

gijoe

Bunch of knackers in a confined space with alcohol available. Ooooppppsss
Now now - that should be a 'bunch of travellers'. Your PC brain chip is malfunctioning, report to your nearest PC quango/NGO for reprogramming. :D

corelli

Now now - that should be a 'bunch of travellers'. Your PC brain chip is malfunctioning, report to your nearest PC quango/NGO for reprogramming. :D
Knackers has a colloquial meaning, indicating "scumbags", rather than travellers. :)

truthisfree

Questions should be asked as to why they were allowed to board the plane if they were drunk.

These days does knacker still only apply to travellers ? I thought it is now a term used for badly behaved people.
AFAIK Knacker doe not refer to travelling people any more, it refer to badly behaved people as you correctly observed.

SilverSpurs

Good on the Brazillians. I've been to Brazil, it's about 10 hours flying from Portugal. How drunk do you have to be to still be hammered when you arrive? Morons. Hope the club makes them swim home.
Well apparently it was their rowdy carry on during the flight that got them refused permission to enter Brazil. So they must have had enough self control to behave themselves upon boarding. This makes it harder to put the rowdiness down to booze.
What i would have given to have been a fly on the wall when the Brazilian military police rounded them up and put manners on them! Before anyone blames the Brazilians i must say the security, immigration and customs in Sao Paulo airport conducted themselves impeccably when i passed through even though the customs inspection was a truly scary experience (I watch too much banged up abroad btw.).

yellowfish

we're not alone there... the brits are as bad if not worse
I am glad no one else seems to have followed this line of reasoning, If you don't want your countries good name dragged through the mud. (as has happened to us in Britain as well as others) You need to take it seriously, start removing passports and fine and imprison where you can. The British and others have tried to deal with this, learn from them, except that these our your problems and come down hard and fast.
Personally i would like to see these people refunding all the other passengers the cost of their flight plus compensation for being in their company for 10 hours, it must have been awful and possibly frightening.

maxthedog

I would bet, that the irish taxpayer is paying for flights and accomodation. No way that a small football club could afford to send a team too Brazil.

rothman66

Is it not extrodinary that the star were able to go to print late last night when the people that were eventually deported were still in Sao Paulo airport trying to figure out if they would be deported. There is a possibility that a majority of the people in the party were completley innocent and maybe it is advisable to wait until all parties are back home and a proper investigation can be carried out.

SilverSpurs

Is it not extrodinary that the star were able to go to print late last night when the people that were eventually deported were still in Sao Paulo airport trying to figure out if they would be deported. There is a possibility that a majority of the people in the party were completley innocent and maybe it is advisable to wait until all parties are back home and a proper investigation can be carried out.
This discussion is based on the star article so if there are any errors in the article it will have translated into this discussion.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies