Killester united deported from brazil.

lonemother

Maybe they thought it was the Irish Cabinet.
Bit of a hic up!
(I know, booooo!)

Sync

Is it not extrodinary that the star were able to go to print late last night when the people that were eventually deported were still in Sao Paulo airport trying to figure out if they would be deported.
Yeah, it's good work by them, but they must have had a tip off. If the Sun et al had the same tip off I'm sure they'd have gotten it too.

There is a possibility that a majority of the people in the party were completley innocent and maybe it is advisable to wait until all parties are back home and a proper investigation can be carried out.
Well it's up to Tam (I'm presuming it was Tam) to decide if they're allowed to fly with them again. That's as far as it goes. There's nothing for the Irish govt to get involved with here.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Killester. Soccer. N'uff said. Shower of mouth breathing baloobas no doubt. There is nothing worse than being seated within earshot of soccer fans on a plane. And I include infants in that estimation.

SAT

anyone got a link for this story??

TonyBird

I just copied this from Killester FC site . I sh1t you not ....

"We are proud to be able to say that we run a club that is dedicated to the
health and safety of all of the members, coaching staff and most of all our players."

Link to follow . :):):)

At least they are honest !

Killester United FC - KUBS

Second paragraph !

The cheek of them . Going to Brazil !
They were going to get hammered one way or the other:)

patch

In todays daily star: irish football squad denied entry at sao paulo after rowdy behaviour on plane after tanking up in madrid. Have to say well done to the brazilians, at last someone teaches our louts a hard lesson in manners and sent them home. My only regret is that customs didnt get a shot at them. I have got the once over from brazilian customs and it aint pretty.

At times when travelling i am ashamed to be irish with the carry on i have witnessed.
It really annoys me that people always believe what they read in the papers, Let the lads have there say and believe me you will all hear the truth . :mad:

Sync

Yes because you're far more likely to hear the truth from the people refused entry due to being hammered than you are a paper reporting the fact that people were refused entry due to being hammered.

If I talk to the idiot falling out the door of Krystal on Saturday night I'm sure I'll hear his version of the truth as well. "Sher I dint do nathin. Feck em, dint want to go to France anyways"

orbit

Killester. Soccer. N'uff said. Shower of mouth breathing baloobas no doubt. There is nothing worse than being seated within earshot of soccer fans on a plane. And I include infants in that estimation.
Mouth breathing baloobas? Interesting ..

I've heard cabin crew say that rugby fans are worse. The sense of entitlement is greater.

In any case, if it turns out these fans were told to STFU and they didn't, then I've little sympathy for them. There's nothing worse than being stuck on a long flight with one obnoxious arse-hole, never mind an entire team.

cry freedom

Some good people organized a rousing reception recently for my heroine, Katie Taylor.
Could we organize a slightly different kind of reception for these "ambassadors"?

Twin Towers

If these kids were from Malahide or Mt. Merrion would there be the same rush to judge them as Knackers, scumbags and mouth breathing baloobas (interesting, that one alright). Of course not, it would be wait till they get home and there would be no threads.

With such ingrained attitudes on show here it's hardly surprising that Irelands employers prefer foreigners to Irish kids with the wrong accent representing their business.

Sync

If these kids were from Malahide or Mt. Merrion would there be the same rush to judge them as Knackers, scumbags and mouth breathing baloobas (interesting, that one alright). Of course not, it would be wait till they get home and there would be no threads.
Yes there would. Any time you see "Plane of football players refused entry to country for being drunk", my first thought is "What a bunch of knackers".

With such ingrained attitudes on show here it's hardly surprising that Irelands employers prefer foreigners to Irish kids with the wrong accent representing their business.
I prefer people who speak a high level of English with little or no accent. I don't care where they're from.

alonso

As opposed to that notorious urban ghetto, Killester????? WTF!!!!

Twin Towers

The very people who would refuse to employ a local with 'the wrong accent' can be found expounding multiculti elsewhere.

EUrJokingMeRight

Yes there would. Any time you see "Plane of football players refused entry to country for being drunk", my first thought is "What a bunch of knackers".

I prefer people who speak a high level of English with little or no accent. I don't care where they're from.
Yes, but would you have the same thought if a foreign leader/head of state was pissed on a media interview? What about our taoiseach? Is THAT ok?

I think these lads on the plane got a little bit carried away? They were not allowed entry. A lesson learned I think.

Getting drunk is an Irish malaise that has got out of hand.

The state is selling/licensing the sale and distribution of a psycho active drug which leads to chronic addiction, violent domestic abuse, untold road deaths, sexual assaults and almost death inducing embarrassment when ordinary and usually decent people wake up beside something made from elephants skin.

The abuse of the drug seems socially acceptable here, which is a poor reflection on us as supposedly mature and developed nation.

For the yahoos tarring all football people as knackers, your misplaced arrogance betrays you.

Aussie Star arrested for burglary
http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22824&TPN=1

S African rugby player held after death of policeman
S African rugby player held after death of policeman - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 28, 2010

Fine examples to our youth I'm sure

Fact is sportsmen always end up in the papers for less than desirable reasons.

Using it as an excuse to get all up yourselves is pretty immature.

Sync

Yes, but would you have the same thought if a foreign leader/head of state was pissed on a media interview? What about our taoiseach? Is THAT ok?
Nope. I don't think anyone would.

I think these lads on the plane got a little bit carried away? They were not allowed entry. A lesson learned I think.
A lesson learned by a bunch of knackers.

Getting drunk is an Irish malaise that has got out of hand.

The state is selling/licensing the sale and distribution of a psycho active drug which leads to chronic addiction, violent domestic abuse, untold road deaths, sexual assaults and almost death inducing embarrassment when ordinary and usually decent people wake up beside something made from elephants skin.
Yes it's awful that Ireland's the only country where drink is legal. It's awful that alcohol here is so cheap compared to the UK or Spain. It's all the state's fault. It's not the personal responsbility of the knacker who gets smashed drunk at all.

For the yahoos tarring all football people as knackers, your misplaced arrogance betrays you.
I'm not doing that. This is a bunch of knackers who got hammered and refused entry. They happen to be footballers. If it had been 26 nuns then it would have been a bunch of knackers who got hammered and refused entry who happened to be nuns.

EUrJokingMeRight

Nope. I don't think anyone would.

A lesson learned by a bunch of knackers.

Yes it's awful that Ireland's the only country where drink is legal. It's awful that alcohol here is so cheap compared to the UK or Spain. It's all the state's fault. It's not the personal responsbility of the knacker who gets smashed drunk at all.

I'm not doing that. This is a bunch of knackers who got hammered and refused entry. They happen to be footballers. If it had been 26 nuns then it would have been a bunch of knackers who got hammered and refused entry who happened to be nuns.
If I understand your generalisation correctly; Only Knackers get drunk. Well done sync you are one of a nation full of knackers. Only the czechs are more knackerish by your definition.

List of countries by beer consumption per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Libero

Sync is typical of certain type of Irishman who likes to think of himself as sensible, respectable and well-connected; if Anglo Irish Bank is accused of overcharging, he pours scorn on those speculating in the absence of facts, calling them "loons" (link) - but if it's a Northside Dublin football team accused of wrongdoing (by, eh, the Star) then he will be judge, jury, etc.

Sync

Sync is typical of certain type of Irishman who likes to think of himself as sensible, respectable and well-connected; if Anglo Irish Bank is accused of overcharging, he pours scorn on those speculating in the absence of facts, calling them "loons" (link) -
Yes I think people who take an ambiguous tweet about an unnamed bank to be evidence of a German-Russian conspiracy to bring down the use of the dollar and replace it with the rouble are loons.

but if it's a Northside Dublin football team accused of wrongdoing (by, eh, the Star) then he will be judge, jury, etc.
They're not accused of anything. They've been judged by the Brazilians. From the article they've already chosen not to appeal the order (When flying to Brazil they give you a little card with your rights explaining all this), so they've already accepted the decision.

It's got nothing to do with them being Northside or not. Unless you think Brazilian immigration have form for refusing entry to Europeans for no reason, I'm not sure what grounds you have to question it. It's perfectly possible the Star have just made it all up of course, but again there's nothing to support that either.

Hard and fast rule: If you're so drunk you get refused entry to a country? Knacker. Yelstin in Shannon in 94? Knacker. These idiots? The same.

PatsyOriel

I suppose one of 'the deportees' will be ringing Joe Duffy later today to complain about their Rights and liberties being denied

Top Bottom