Killester united deported from brazil.

idle tim

It would be of no surprise if a Star or Herald sports hack was on the trip,hence the speed of reporting.Killester Utd are on of the most successful clubs in the AULs history and have won the prize of a trip abroad before as part of winning the premier division.Board members of the league would also be on the trip.Reports today say that the trouble may be down to 2 of the party and if this is so it seems very harsh to send everybody home.I know many of those involved and have the greatest sympathy for their plight.The club has a fantastic reputation the lenght and breadth of this Country and for posters who have zero knowledge of the club its members and players or its history to come on here and brand them as a bunch of drunken Knackers is as low as it gets,and the fact that a mod also engages in it says a lot about P.ie.

EUrJokingMeRight

It would be of no surprise if a Star or Herald sports hack was on the trip,hence the speed of reporting.Killester Utd are on of the most successful clubs in the AULs history and have won the prize of a trip abroad before as part of winning the premier division.Board members of the league would also be on the trip.Reports today say that the trouble may be down to 2 of the party and if this is so it seems very harsh to send everybody home.I know many of those involved and have the greatest sympathy for their plight.The club has a fantastic reputation the lenght and breadth of this Country and for posters who have zero knowledge of the club its members and players or its history to come on here and brand them as a bunch of drunken Knackers is as low as it gets,and the fact that a mod also engages in it says a lot about P.ie.
Not many people agree with Sync generally so I wouldn't worry about it

patch

Sync

Team tells of being barred from Brazil - City News, National News - Herald.ie

Herald have an account of the day from the team themselves:

A source close to the team said that the players were in high spirits in advance of their trip, and could not understand why they were refused entry.

"On the flight everything was grand until I'm told one or two of the Brazilian passengers made some complaint about not being able to get some sleep because of noise," said a source.

"Immediately the lads quietened down and that was the end of it, or so we thought.

"When everyone was off the plane and in the airport, it seems one of the travellers from Brazil brought the Irish group to the attention of customs or police for no apparent reason.
Not sure from reading the article if the source was on the trip or not. I'm thinking not from the phrasing.

deano

killester antics not a surprise

[My only regret is that customs didnt get a shot at them. I have got the once over from brazilian customs and it aint pretty.

could not agree more - I see the antics of this shower on a regular basis, no concern for residents living near their pitch, appalling and dangerous behaviour not from their physical exhertions of course but from their alcohol intake - however their website is good for a laugh talking about sportsmanship, performance....what a shower of .................

deano

killester on tour a love group of lads......

not a bit surprised to see that Killester United have done themselves proud - now the Brazilians know how well behaved courteous and moderate they are in their behaviour - those lucky enough to live near their home pitch see at first hand the dangerous, ignorant, abusive and antisocial behaviour of some of their entourage...........pity they didn't keep them there for a while

Mushroom

Can anyone else remember Gerry Steadman (one of BIFFO's 'special' advisors) starring for Killester United? A small but very skilful player, in his day.

Victor Meldrew

Maybe they thought it was the Irish Cabinet.
Bit of a hic up!
(I know, booooo!)
Clara United....

seriously, everyone knows the Irish Govt. do not travel on commercial flights...

Even "turning left" on a commercial plane is beneath them.

orbit

[My only regret is that customs didnt get a shot at them. I have got the once over from brazilian customs and it aint pretty.

could not agree more - I see the antics of this shower on a regular basis, no concern for residents living near their pitch, appalling and dangerous behaviour not from their physical exhertions of course but from their alcohol intake - however their website is good for a laugh talking about sportsmanship, performance....what a shower of .................
What, they drink alcohol when training or playing matches? Or is it just at half-time?

SAT

A source close to the team said that the players were in high spirits in advance of their trip, and could not understand why they were refused entry.
I suspect therein lies the problem.
and that they had behaved just like they would on any other trip.
Ah, that makes it okay then.

ruserious

I suppose one of 'the deportees' will be ringing Joe Duffy later today to complain about their Rights and liberties being denied
Ironic considering recent events on Joe Duffy.

Top Bottom