• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kincora scandal- where are the Govt files?

Northtipp

The latest govt files on a range of issues were recently released by the British govt. strangely ether they had no file on the Kincorra home scandal or if they had a file It has not been released. That seems rather odd given that the story was so massive in NI terms. The extracts below are from a tweet by Tommy McKernan who was referring to a Newsletter article. Rather odd stuff.

@Tommymckearney: This was possibly the biggest story relating to 6-Cos in 1982. Yet no official records released. Sort of spooky. Kincora file conspicously absent from government records - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

AMONG the hundreds of files from 1982 released at the Public Record Office in Belfast, there is no file on the Kincora scandal.

The serial abuse of boys at the home for orphans had emerged publicly in 1980 and the most notorious abuser, William McGrath, was jailed in December 1981.

C

Castle Ray

Noticed that in the paper myself. It's very odd and needs questioned. Seems unfathomable that no file existed.

InsideImDancing

The latest govt files on a range of issues were recently released by the British govt. strangely ether they had no file on the Kincorra home scandal or if they had a file It has not been released. That seems rather odd given that the story was so massive in NI terms. The extracts below are from a tweet by Tommy McKernan who was referring to a Newsletter article. Rather odd stuff.

@Tommymckearney: This was possibly the biggest story relating to 6-Cos in 1982. Yet no official records released. Sort of spooky. Kincora file conspicously absent from government records - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

AMONG the hundreds of files from 1982 released at the Public Record Office in Belfast, there is no file on the Kincora scandal.

The serial abuse of boys at the home for orphans had emerged publicly in 1980 and the most notorious abuser, William McGrath, was jailed in December 1981.
It's well known that the Brits only release the less embarrassing stuff, which is exactly what happened with this file.

between the bridges

probably because of the Mi5 connections, i hope all those involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell.

Northtipp

probably because of the Mi5 connections, i hope all those involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell.
Agreed. But there were also accusations at the time viz politicians etc. I will not repeat them here but it does make me scratch my head and wonder if?.?.?.

C

Castle Ray

Agreed. But there were also accusations at the time viz politicians etc. I will not repeat them here but it does make me scratch my head and wonder if?.?.?.
Yes I've heard the rumours about profile Politicians who are very much still alive, but there's a danger with rumour and what the files could insinuate without any actual evidence. I suppose that and the MI5 connection is why it's disappeared. I would still like to have that whole sorry affair scrutinised properly. The abuse of children in that home was a disgrace all round.

Gurdiev

Could it be that there are actually still some suits pending ?

Northtipp

Yes I've heard the rumours about profile Politicians who are very much still alive, but there's a danger with rumour and what the files could insinuate without any actual evidence. I suppose that and the MI5 connection is why it's disappeared. I would still like to have that whole sorry affair scrutinised properly. The abuse of children in that home was a disgrace all round.
Do you know Ray if this will fall within the remit of the enquiry set up by the exec?

C

Castle Ray

Do you know Ray if this will fall within the remit of the enquiry set up by the exec?
I don't know. I just read it in the paper and thought it was strange too. I think the Belfast Telegraph touched on it too. When you posted about it it just wakened the the whole thing. Surely there'll be some investigative journalism into why it hasn't emerged.

The whole affair turns my stomach. I know the guy who owns the building and I don't know how he can ever go into that place. It should have been bulldozed imho but the bastards involved in the abuse should have been prosecuted regardless of Political implications. The country was so fukked up at the time a rake of perverts getting their just desserts couldn't have made it any worse and and would have improved the place.

vinoboy

A very weird time and those involved were crackpots who one part of Military Intelligence protected .Those involved had little or no influence within unionism at the time and certainly got a difficult time when they got to jail from loyalist prisoners .

Northtipp

A very weird time and those involved were crackpots who one part of Military Intelligence protected .Those involved had little or no influence within unionism at the time and certainly got a difficult time when they got to jail from loyalist prisoners .
Agree for the most part Vinno. There was talk of politician involvement.this with holding of info doesn't dampen that.

vinoboy

Agree for the most part Vinno. There was talk of politician involvement.this with holding of info doesn't dampen that.
Possibly 2 politicians involved directly others turning blind eye .There were many different factions within British intelligence agencies trying to use such events to garner info -they really got feck all from this operation and should have followed normal procedure but as I said thet were the craziest of times.

Northtipp

Possibly 2 politicians involved directly others turning blind eye .There were many different factions within British intelligence agencies trying to use such events to garner info -they really got feck all from this operation and should have followed normal procedure but as I said thet were the craziest of times.
Doesnt matter. Crazy times or not, no excuse. Same as paedo priests. Bastards the lot. Who ever was involved shold be done. But the holding files is odd.

vinoboy

Doesnt matter. Crazy times or not, no excuse. Same as paedo priests. Bastards the lot. Who ever was involved shold be done. But the holding files is odd.
Not making excuses -they eventually got done through the legal system and should have been executed imo .

belfast1981

The ONLY reason I can think off, and it already has been said is that there maybe still lawsuits pending.

We do have the 30 year ruling... but this is only the first day of Jan, I believe it will come out soon, they all don't have to come out on the 1st Jan, do they? if by Dec 31st we have not heard anything then questions can be asked. But I do believe they will be out sometime this year.

Actually, thats 2 reasons lol.

vinoboy

To me there is always something about religious nutcases who have so much repression in their system that their evil intent gets manifested in paedo like activities ,the fact that RC priests cannot have sex is weird to me ,so when they get the opportunity with whatever sex they take it .McGrath was complete nutcase .I speak as an extreme secularist.

Ren84

Some files don't get automatically released after 30 years but can be hidden away for god knows, a cache of WWII files only got released a few years back sure.