Kings' Hos: alleged hockey stick assault only disclosed to authorities after media attention

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Irish Times story from earlier has been updated
Boy (13) allegedly sexually assaulted by pupils at boarding school

here: School delayed reporting alleged sexual assault for four days

Lawyers told them to disclose it immediately...they didn't. The parents were told Tusla had been contacted...but not that the contact was about a hypothetical issue.

The boy's parents were asked to do a joint statement...they declined.

Plainly the school staff and alleged assailants may be charged,so that aspect should not be discussed.

However...what should be done ?

I suggest a multi disciplinary team be sent into the school by the State...both to investigate, counsel, prevent coverup , and crucially prevent badness from happening.

cyp

Dub01

This is a huge story.That private school has a lot of serious questions to answer.

The culture of homophobia and male rape in Irish private schools is a hugely unreported issue .

former wesleyan

This is a huge story.That private school has a lot of serious questions to answer.

The culture of homophobia and male rape in Irish private schools is a hugely unreported issue .
How do you know ? Asking for a friend.

GDPR

A very serious incident with very serious consequences for all concerned I suspect.

Dub01

stopdoingstuff

A bunch of jaffa queers rammed a hockey stick up some young fella's hole, would be how I would characterise such an event if it were not this event.

devoutcapitalist

The journalist Victoria White stated that sexual abuse of children happened in Protestant schools and that the offending teachers were moved to another school in the 70's.

Many people seem to think that sexual abuse seemed to happen solely in some Catholic schools.

Northsideman

This thread should be deleted, a child has been seriously assaulted and this is the response of P.ie. Folk here need to take stock.

devoutcapitalist

This thread should be deleted, a child has been seriously assaulted and this is the response of P.ie. Folk here need to take stock.
The crude comments by a couple of posters are disgusting but the school has questions to answer in relation to the delay in reporting this crime.

A couple of heads in the school need to roll when It comes to resignations if there was a delay in reporting it to the Gardai.

Northsideman

The crude comments by a couple of posters are disgusting but the school has questions to answer in relation to the delay in reporting this crime.

A couple of heads in the school need to roll when It comes to resignations if there was a delay in reporting it to the Gardai.
Yes serious questions to be answered but there are some disgusting contributions in this thread and they at least should be removed.

Boy M5

I wondered where it was.
Kenny hos is a good school, with good caring ethos.
Even if Vlad went there.

Boy M5

Interesting & doesn't surprise me in a way.
All male institutions for teenagers are abnormal.
Male teenagers are full of hormones, confusion & are overly physical,
They need female interaction.
Maybe William Golding was onto something.

Lara2

How would you characterise it if it had been your son?
What bothers me about this shocking incident, despite the child being allegedly sexually assaulted with a hockey stick and the school's delay in reporting it to the gardaí, (the attack happened last Thursday, it wasn't reported until this Monday), the child's parents saw fit to leave him at the school to continue with his studies. What the f*ck??? No comfort or care from his own parents. Appalling situation.

silverharp

KH is a mixed school though

Windowshopper

I think the mods should seriously thread. It's an ongoing situation, and imagine if the young man at the centre of this were to read some of the comments which some of the morons on this site made.

Of course issues should he discussed but I would think it would be better if was a thread on a general issue rather than a specific case.

Expose the lot of them

KH is not an all male school.

New Threads

Most Replies