• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kitchen Hero

daveL

Little cookery show on RTE

linky RT Television - Kitchen Hero - About the Show

Anyone have any idea who this kid is and why he has a tv show (dubbed Kitchen Hero)? It's not even restricted to kid's tv scheduling which might have made some sense... And this is a second series...

Am I being too cynical wondering who his uncle is?

Schomberg

Anyone have any idea who this kid is and why he has a tv show (dubbed Kitchen Hero)? It's not even restricted to kid's tv scheduling which might have made some sense... And this is a second series...

Haven't seen this show but I guess you're right. Having a kids cookery program aimed at children is actually a great idea, but this doesn't seem to be that.

Ruff says Flaherty

People complain when the same old heads get all the gigs on RTE, others complain when new blood are given an opportunity. What a begrudging lot we have in this small country.

daveL

People complain when the same old heads get all the gigs on RTE, others complain when new blood are given an opportunity. What a begrudging lot we have in this small country.
I concede that that's a wholly fair point... and I'm not moaning for the sake of a moan; I'm asking who he is and what he did with RTE or anyone prior to a cookery show scheduled for adults... Is he a chef?

Septic Frank

The question is, is the show any good?

Personally, if it's about cooking it's not for me.

Riadach

Donal Skehan had a eurosong entry once upon a time. I've a suspicion he's not new blood at all.

Riadach

[video=youtube;ANGDCihuB8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGDCihuB8Y[/video]

Not a great singer either.

bob3367

To be fair, he is a good cook.

He cooks things that dont take very long to cook, and are damn tasty....

I admit he is a bit cheesy but I have used a few of his recipes and they are very tasty.

buibolg

I'll watch most sh*te but with all due respect I can't abide this program and the guy presenting it. Sorry Donal !!!!!

Hewson

I've only watched it once and the only question in my mind ten minutes into the programme was whether BBC had sued RTE for plagiarism.

The only way to describe this tripe is embarrassing. Nothing to do with the age of the presenter, just the intellectual laziness behind the makers of the series.

Jamie Oliver must have had a good laugh.

ottovonbismarck

He can't chop scallions. Always taking too much of the bottom. Learn to chop you penis.

Regards...jamie

Ruff says Flaherty

I concede that that's a wholly fair point... and I'm not moaning for the sake of a moan; I'm asking who he is and what he did with RTE or anyone prior to a cookery show scheduled for adults... Is he a chef?
I've only watched a few minutes of his show, not my cup of tea,but from what I have seen he can cook. To be honest I would be disappointed if he got the gig because of nepotism of some kind.

Lain2016

Sounds like an RTE ""superSTAR"" in the making...

...why the begrudgery :rolleyes:

former wesleyan

Google is your friend:-

Industry (Irish band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donal Skehan, a vocalist with Industry was born in Dublin, Ireland on 3 June 1986. In 2006, he was an original member of the boyband project Streetwize, with whom he toured in Ireland, UK, Sweden, and appeared on the US television station CN8.[5]

After quitting the band, he became an announcer on the Bubble Hits station, broadcasting music and entertainment news and celebrity gossip segments. On 23 February 2008, he tried to represent Ireland in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Double Cross My Heart"[6][7] composed by Joel Humlen, Oscar Gorres and Charlie Mason.[8] Skehan has also authored a cookbook entitled Good Mood Food[9][10]

daveL

From wikipedia

Food author and presenter
An avid food enthusiast, Skehan started a blog in 2007 called Good Mood Food that evolved into a cookbook.[7][8]
After many appearances on television, and giving of live demonstrations at social events and shows, he was featured in his own weekly food programme, Kitchen Hero, on RTÉ One that was launched on May 16, 2011 (Mondays at 8:30 pm). A second series and a Christmas special was aired in 2012. UKTV network Good Food began airing the show in April 2012.
In 2011, he published his second book, also titled Kitchen Hero, based upon the television series.
In 2012, Skehan became a co-presenter and judge on Junior MasterChef on the BBC, appearing alongside John Torode.[9]
fair enough then

FrankSpeaks

I've only watched it once and the only question in my mind ten minutes into the programme was whether BBC had sued RTE for plagiarism.

The only way to describe this tripe is embarrassing. Nothing to do with the age of the presenter, just the intellectual laziness behind the makers of the series.

I have watched his program a few times and I think he presents recipes that look good, should be tasty and are simple enough to cook for the beginner or non cook. In my view anything that encourages people to cook rather than buying jars of Dolmio, jars of Chicken Tonight, jars of Apple Sauce and TV Dinners can only be good.

Why is it embarrassing?

Regarding Jamie Oliver, do you ever notice the amount of lemons he uses in his recipes, if he was making orange juice I sure he would come up with a reason to put lemons in it!

Lain2016

Whats that got to do with anything...if he's an RTE "superstar" in the making (and talking of superstars have ye all paid your licence fee?) talent doesnt come into it...so long as he's connected he's in :)