KLF to reform

truthisfree

[video=youtube;LoqkEpC4qvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoqkEpC4qvE[/video]

Complete audio of "The White Room" Not available to buy unfortunately... but free on Youtube :)

The KLF are back (sort of) – and it’s exactly what 2017 needs

The KLF also known as The Timelords, The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu, and other names fronted by Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty owned their own label, this allowed them to express themselves freely which they did, at the Brit awards 1992 they fired blanks from a machine gun into the audience and dumped a dead sheep at the aftershow party.

They left the Music Business after this "performance" but went on to attempt to subvert the Art world with a prize for the worst artist of the year and famously burning a million pounds on the Scottish island of Jura..
They have released some tracks since as The K Foundation and One World Orchestra, the last in 1997, as 2K

On the Late Late show, Gay just did not get it at all!

[video=youtube;i6q4n5TQnpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6q4n5TQnpA[/video]

Jimmy Cauty tweeted a poster stating that a 2017 world tour will take place in Vienna at an International art festival.
What to expect? impossible to predict with these guys, that for me is part of their attraction in a world that has consumerised most music and art.

Last edited:

gerhard dengler

These guys burnt £1 million quid live on stage???

Their recordings with Wanda Dee were great.

Mitsui2

[video=youtube;LoqkEpC4qvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoqkEpC4qvE[/video]

The KLF are back (sort of) – and it’s exactly what 2017 needs

The KLF also known as The Timelords, The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu, and other names fronted by Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty owned their own label, this allowed them to express themselves freely which they did, at the Brit awards 1992 they fired blanks from a machine gun into the audience and dumped a dead sheep at the aftershow party.

They left the Music Business after this "performance" but went on to attempt to subvert the Art world with a prize for the worst artist of the year and famously burning a million pounds on an island.
They have released some tracks since as The K Foundation and One World Orchestra, the last in 1997, as 2K

On the Late Late show, Gay just did not get it at all!

[video=youtube;i6q4n5TQnpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6q4n5TQnpA[/video]

Jimmy Cauty tweeted a poster stating that a 2017 world tour will take place in Vienna at an International art festival.
What to expect, impossible to predict with guys, that for me is part of their attraction in a world that has consumerism most music and art.
It's actually nice to have some good news for a change - even if it's only potentially good news.

truthisfree

It's actually nice to have some good news for a change.
You are welcome Mitsui, exactly how I felt when I read it this evening. :) I've mailed them for some more info but not expecting a lot, they are very secretive (rightly so) about what their plans are.

Socratus O' Pericles

They're back? Its gonna be great:

[video=youtube;RPjggN-KByI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjggN-KByI[/video]

Karloff

It is interesting the thought of them reforming in this current era where 'art' is so completely materialistic and about materialism and superficiality. Whatever else they were prophetic they were not.

Billixed

They'll be a bit old now to be jumping around shouting about The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu.

onlyasking

These guys burnt £1 million quid live on stage???

Their recordings with Wanda Dee were great.
Sadly, they didn't even do it on stage, though they did film it. I recall it was in a shed in a field somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Madness.

Arguably not even art, for chrissakes....

truthisfree

No they did a grainy video that was disputed at the time
Yes, It was disputed but there is absolutely no doubt that they did indeed burn one million on that island. Bill Drummond has said that at times he has regretted it.

truthisfree

Complete hoax?
Nope, strangely difficult to understand in this "Post Truth" world that people actually have integrity. They did burn the million quid, pretty much everyone is in agreement about this but if you have a different story to tell off you go.

Polly Ticks

My secret fantasy is that that they are pretending to have burnt the money and are keeping a great story up. I like the absurd gesture on an aesthetic level.

But when push comes to shove, only a w@nker would deprive people of a million pounds and actually burn it.

So I have serious mixed feelings about KLF...

Music was alright.. interesting at times.. and they are interesting people.. but you know they could have given it to the Crass commune (if they wanted to keep it political) or to some "worthy" cause... a million pounds is a lot of money to show off and make a gesture with... could have done a lot of people a lot of good.

Nowt as weird as folk...

Polly Ticks

I'd tell them to feck off if they charge a single cent for the album too.

You know they are only going to burn whatever you pay for the record anyway.

SideysGhost

Bizarrely this news seems to have pissed off all our resident far-right Trumpet loons :lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies