Lab Donegal Candidate tells County Manager to "F*&^k off"

Kerrygold

Sorry I don't have any links yet, but I just heard on my local radio that Cllr. Frank McBrearty, Labour candidate for the Donegal SW by-election, has told the Donegal County Manager to "F*&*K off" in some outburst and has refused to apologise.

He also said that he would have no problem voting against Labour policy if it wasn't in the interest of Donegal.

Is he after some cheap publicity or is he just mad?

And will he cause serious embarrassment to Labour over the next month?

Tomas Mor

Sorry I don't have any links yet, but I just heard on my local radio that Cllr. Frank McBrearty, Labour candidate for the Donegal SW by-election, has told the Donegal County Manager to "F*&*K off" in some outburst and has refused to apologise.

He also said that he would have no problem voting against Labour policy if it wasn't in the interest of Donegal.

Is he after some cheap publicity or is he just mad?

And will he cause serious embarrassment to Labour over the next month?
I think that sums him up. He was wronged by the garda but he thinks he is invincible now.

ocoonassa

There's something wrong with people who never told anybody to "F*&*K off"

At least though when they get their knickers in a twist about somebody else doing it, they aren't being hypocritical gobshítes.

Gemlarkin

That is the way to get the potholes fixed

That is the way to get the potholes fixed.

Vote No 1 for Frank and learn to live with the potholes.

ctr

Look he's from Donegal... the home of Sweary Mary

That's how they talk!

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Yeah you'll get this with McBrearty.
He's a loose cannon, a bull in a china shop, and several other unstable metaphors too.

I'm not surprised in the least.

ballot stuffer

There's something wrong with people who never told anybody to "F*&*K off"

At least though when they get their knickers in a twist about somebody else doing it, they aren't being hypocritical gobshítes.
That is true. That said I don't think it's too much to expect our politicians to behave with decorum in their public appearances.

He3

"F*&^k" - ?

Donegal Irish sounds lovely but I can't get my head round their funny alphabet.

wee slabber

A debate between McBrearty and Sweary Mary should be a F*&ken riot!

Future

He was on RTE radio yesterday evening withe Pearse Doherty and Doherty sounded a lot better.

It could prove to be a disaster for Labour running him.

What do you mean, "that's how they talk"?

Jesus, we use the F word as punctuation in this country. It's what we do.

Well done Frank. Fúck your detractors. My boy.

EoinMn

Website
eoinmadden.ie
Good. Pity a few more councillors don't do the same down here in Galway. County Mangers think the sun shines out of their arses, but no elected rep has the guts to say that out loud.

Link to report is attached below.

I was more concerned his statement that "he would have no problem voting against Labour policy if it wasn't in the interest of Donegal" this is exactly the type of politician that the country does not need at present, another parish pump merchant! In other words, I want to join Labour and run as their candidate until it doesn't suit me or my political ends and then I'll leave and do my own thing. Fantastic...hope the people of Donegal see through this although they have been fooled before........

McBrearty Jnr makes no apology for using 'F' word | Irish Examiner

Aridion

He is certainly rough around the edges. But it is rough around the edges in Ireland (Donegal being a good case in point).
However, he seems to be more suited to a bar room brawl than a county council meeting room.

Pity a few more councillors don't do the same down here in Galway. County Mangers think the sun shines out of their arses, but no elected rep has the guts to say that out loud.
Whatever the merit or otherwise of county managers, I don't think very many councillors have covered themselves in glory over the last twenty years when you consider how many empty houses we have..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies