Labour after the next General Election

hiding behind a poster

There is little difference politically between Kelly and Howlin, they are both quite right wing. Kelly has more energy and puts himself about a bit more, he has been boosted recently by his 'work' on the McCabe saga, a section of the media have facilitated this despite his avoidance of the issue when he was a Minister.

Labour are f@cked and Kelly won't rescue them, that doesn't mean they will disappear completely but I don't see them recovering to say 10-15 seats even in the long term.
He was Minister for the Environment, FFS. Nothing to do with McCabe.

hiding behind a poster

I think Labour are on the way out. They have tried to rebuild in Opposition, but that is likely to hurt them with FG lower preferences. We saw how FF transfers to the PDs collapsed in 2007 after the in-again/out-again shenaningans from the latter about leaving Coalition.
Did we really? No doubt you can provide examples of this......

hiding behind a poster

May be they will be subsumed by The Social Dems!
To a party "led" by Shortall and Murphy? No chance in hell. If anything the SDs will subsume into Labour after those two retire.

hiding behind a poster

On a (very) good day they would have

Howlin
Kelly
Burton - could get transfers from Leo
Pen rose - if he runs
Nash ( with Adams gone the SF vote will reduce and they will struggle to hold 2)
Sherlock
O Riordan
O'connor ( he will do well in Kildare south - his sons are well stitched into Gaa there, but as cc is there also might prove a challenge.)

So a good, (best?) day -8.
Kildare South will be 1 FG, 1 FF and the Ceann Comhairle. You can absolutely take that to the bank.

hollandia

On a (very) good day they would have

Howlin
Kelly
Burton - could get transfers from Leo
Pen rose - if he runs
Nash ( with Adams gone the SF vote will reduce and they will struggle to hold 2)
Sherlock
O Riordan
O'connor ( he will do well in Kildare south - his sons are well stitched into Gaa there, but as cc is there also might prove a challenge.)

So a good, (best?) day -8.
Don't see it happening in Louth, tbh. Adams will, as an outgoing TD be expected to canvass hard for whoever runs alongside Imelda Munster, and I'd expect him to be a highly visible during this campaign. In the long run, you are right, but if anything his retirement will keep him in the public eye this time out (unless, for some reason he steps down as a TD before the GE).

hiding behind a poster

Don't see it happening in Louth, tbh. Adams will, as an outgoing TD be expected to canvass hard for whoever runs alongside Imelda Munster, and I'd expect him to be a highly visible during this campaign. In the long run, you are right, but if anything his retirement will keep him in the public eye this time out (unless, for some reason he steps down as a TD before the GE).
No baronies of Northstead over here, I'm afraid.....

jacko

Kildare South will be 1 FG, 1 FF and the Ceann Comhairle. You can absolutely take that to the bank.
Kildare South is now a 4seater after boundary review.
CC, FF, FG and the last seat is up for grabs.

By the way it's Mark Wall who is running. JOC running in Wicklow

hiding behind a poster

I'm not entirely sure what point, if any, you are trying to make. Perhaps you thought the sensible discussion had gone on too long, and wanted to revert to trolling.
No, just a reminder of the last time he exited a parliament. No big deal.

O'Quisling

the stickies will have some pension money after the next election, if the put the same energy into running the country as they have in pension garning, they would not be fckued
I thought this thread was about the "Labour" Party.
You seem to know about the pensions of members of the Workers' Party.

:confused:

RasherHash

Jonathan Sugarman
@WhistleIRL
·
4h
Perhaps someone might tell @joanburton of @labour that referring to me as "That #Jew" is unacceptable.

valamhic

Labour think they can power Ireland with wind turbines. Like in George Orell's Animal Farm book

RasherHash

Mark Felt
@swans_song
He has a name Joan. It’s Jonathan Sugarman... and he has more integrity than the entire membership of the putrid Labour Party put together.

hiding behind a poster

Mark Felt
@swans_song
He has a name Joan. It’s Jonathan Sugarman... and he has more integrity than the entire membership of the putrid Labour Party put together.
WTF are you on about?

FunkyBoogaloo

Labour think they can power Ireland with wind turbines. Like in George Orell's Animal Farm book
That you manage to shoehorn wind turbines into almost every single topic you post on is quite a feat.

Another few years of that shyte and you'll be whipping the heels of our resident single transferable post winner, shiel.

stakerwallace

Is Kathleen Lynch going to stand again?

I would like to see:
Alan Kelly
Kathleen Lynch
Jan O'Sullivan and
Joe Costello

get in again. I have no desire to see any of their other candidates get in.
I think Jan O' Sullivan will get in also, and so will Kieran O' Donnell if Michael Noonan has retired.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies