• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Labour Councillors Join Mob Harrassment of Innocent Family

onlyasking

The ugly face of modern Ireland is on show in Wicklow, led by rabble-rousing Labour councillors.

Innocent relatives of a man convicted of a sex offence 18 years ago are being hounded out of Wicklow, with the charge being led by Labour Party councillors. The man was given a suspended six month sentence 18 years ago for 'Unlawful Carnal Knowledge of a Minor'.

This unfortunate family has been run out of a string of locations across Wicklow following mob-protests, culminating in the burning of a local authority house yesterday.

It is my understanding that relatives of convicted criminals are not found guilty through blood association. Indeed, they are entirely innocent unless found guilty. Collective punishments, to my knowledge, are illegal in this state and almost all others.

Labour councillors, having realised the local electoral difficulties they would face through behaving with humanity, compassion and christian or humanist decency, have ditched any hint of such qualities and have aligned themselves with the baying mob. Of course they 'utterly condemn the burning of the house' by fellow-protestors. Yeah, right. The fact that the arson occured while the protestors stood outside the house makes a laughing-stock of such hand-wringing.

Here is an innocent family being hounded from pillar to post. That's an ugly modern manifestation of the dark impulses that lay behind the burning of women as witches a few hundred years ago.

It is simply a disgrace that the party founded by James Connolly would be involved in such a campaign of naked harrassment against a woman and her children who have undoubtedly suffered terribly through the actions of one of their relatives.

Of course I realise that people are concerned for the safety of their children. It would appear that the man at the centre has not re-offended in over 18 ears, and it is also clear that children are at vastly greater risk of being sexually abused within the home than at the hands of strangers.

Would the wife of a man of 80 with a single similar conviction from 60 years ago be chased out of Wicklow? On this evidence, quite possibly. Would it be justifiable? Obviously not.

I daresay some or most of the members of this mob attend church and pretend they are christians. Can they imagine the Christ they pay lip-service to condoning this type of behaviour, or would they imagine him standing against the mob.

Will any member of this family ever be allowed to live in peace? Ever?

This brings disgrace on any elected representative who joins the mob, regardless of what party they represent. So far, Labour has been to the fore in this dark episode.

It's amazing how a sniff of government can infect a political party, putting a sledgehammer through its moral compass.

Concerned Irishman

links/evidence?

Aindriu

It is indeed disgusting behaviour. Where the hell were the garda??

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
People should be careful not to name names or to be including stuff that they can't stand over. This is an interesting story and it should be discussed but people should not say things that might cause problems for the site or themselves.

Sync

WICKLOW COUNTY councillors have passed a motion to remove convicted sex offenders “and those who consort” with them from the local authority housing list.
Yeah that ain't going to stand up to scrutiny.

Macy

I don't think Labour councillors "led the rabble rousing", more reacted to the ongoing protests. Represented their constituents views, perhaps.

tbh I think there's more to this story than the papers are prepared/ allowed to print, probably on both sides.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I don't think Labour councillors "led the rabble rousing", more reacted to the ongoing protests. Represented their constituents views, perhaps.

tbh I think there's more to this story than the papers are prepared/ allowed to print, probably on both sides.
I thought local reps were supposed to provide leadership in the community nor merely parrot whatever local people say? I think that Kevin Kiely has a challenger for populist panderer of the year.

Toblakai

Why are people shocked, this is the Labour Party we are talking about, if they had their way we would be halfway to Fidels 'Cuban Paradise' by now and it would be anyone who was even slightly right wing who would be swimming to 'free Wales'.

Kerrygold

Why are people shocked, this is the Labour Party we are talking about, if they had their way we would be halfway to Fidels 'Cuban Paradise' by now and it would be anyone who was even slightly right wing who would be swimming to 'free Wales'.
What? :rolleyes:

Sync

Agree KK, it's not good enough for councillors to repeatedly state that they don't want someone living amongst them, lead protests against them and attempt to legislate against them and their family, then play the "Aw shucks how'd that happen" card when things turn nasty.

Perhaps Correlli can help out when he gets here, but surely there's no way that motion can stand up to an appeal is there?

Design for Life

Come back when you have something useful to add to the discussion.

onlyasking

There is a family out there, living in terror of people who see themselves as paragons of virtue. This is not a thread for silly little one-liners.

subaculture

'No home for child abuser'
ANGRY MEETING VOWS TO PREVENT COUNCIL GIVING PAEDOPHILE A HOUSE IN CO. WICKLOW

Kalinda Healy hands over a petition to Cllr Nicky Kelly and fellow councillors at the meeting held in the Community Hall in Redcross.

By Myles BUCHANAN
Wednesday June 30 2010
ANGRY people, attending a hastily-called meeting in Redcross on Monday night, have vowed to do everything they can to prevent the county council finding a convicted paedophile a home in the county. There were furious scenes in Redcross Community Centre as close to 300 people, from across east Wicklow, vented their disbelief at the council's actions.

'No home for child abuser' - News, frontpage - Wicklowpeople.ie

Sorry, I didn't spend the 50p to get premium content and get the full article.

Sync

Hm. First use of the word paedophile. This really is the sort of thing that needs to be governed from a national level, not left to locals.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
'No home for child abuser'
ANGRY MEETING VOWS TO PREVENT COUNCIL GIVING PAEDOPHILE A HOUSE IN CO. WICKLOW

Kalinda Healy hands over a petition to Cllr Nicky Kelly and fellow councillors at the meeting held in the Community Hall in Redcross.

By Myles BUCHANAN
Wednesday June 30 2010
ANGRY people, attending a hastily-called meeting in Redcross on Monday night, have vowed to do everything they can to prevent the county council finding a convicted paedophile a home in the county. There were furious scenes in Redcross Community Centre as close to 300 people, from across east Wicklow, vented their disbelief at the council's actions.

'No home for child abuser' - News, frontpage - Wicklowpeople.ie

Sorry, I didn't spend the 50p to get premium content and get the full article.
So neither he not any members of his family should get a home from the council anywhere in the county of Wicklow? Err...would they be fine with the idea of him renting private accommodation? Will someone check if there are any rapists who have gotten housing or are living in housing from Wicklow country council in the last 20 years?