Labour Members - Where are they gone?

jacko

Howlin is in the media today saying that he has recruited a thousand new members

Where are they?

Labour held a regional forum in Cork on Saturday - every member in the 11 Munster constituencies were invited, Including traditionally large membership constituencies such as Kerry Cork North Central and Tipperary.

Word is there were no more than 40 people in attendance to listen to Howlin White and O'Sullivan

Either the membership has disappeared or there was a clear boycott of the event?

Accidental sock

I believe the natural habitat of the Red is under the bed?

blokesbloke

They've given up now my Joanie is no longer in charge.

Quite right too.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Pontificating from the warmth of the radio studio, while enjoying a good virtual rimming from Pat/Sean/Marian/Claire

blokesbloke

You're in the wrong game
Tell me about it!

I'd like to be an Irish politican but I don't think my neck is brassy enough or I could cope with the hatred.

Though I'd be a colourful "character" in the Dáil or Seanad.

anationoceagain

Was a member for well over twenty years. Didn't renew my membership for last couple of years. Nobody in party asked why I didn't. The party's arrogance prevents any introspection apparently. From what I'm hearing branch and constituency organisation non existent in many previously strong areas.

enuffisenuff

they're all trapped in a car somewhere by teens

Skypeme

Tell me about it!

I'd like to be an Irish politican but I don't think my neck is brassy enough or I could cope with the hatred.

Though I'd be a colourful "character" in the Dáil or Seanad.
Indeed I am sure they would aappreciate a "colourful character" with a pair! ;)

Notachipanoaktree

If that's what you call red bud, your colourblind.

As 'Blue a Bottle' as ever graced the sewers of Pigstyland.
Still the most deceitful liars with pockets full of stolen gold and their fingers in the till.

The Rat Traps left by this Nasty Corkiee scum are still snapping fingers. Goodfellas one and all.

Lúidín

Howlin is in the media today saying that he has recruited a thousand new members. Where are they?
Just throwing this out there as a possible explanation - he lied.

jacko

The thousand new members makes no sense.

If I'm a new member of a party I assume that I am naively enthusiastic to begin with and would show up at a regional conference that the party leader has invited me to?
They obviously don't exist

Tipperary , Limerick and Cork Labour members would be generally perceived as being Kelly supporters but only 40 at a regional conference for Howlin is pathetic

Kommunist

Their youth wing has jumped to Social Democrats, whereas their older member base is completely disillusioned.

How does OP know this I wonder, one of the attendants? :)

McTell

Twitter
No

Either the membership has disappeared or there was a clear boycott of the event?

They have this thing about THE PARK, see?

Michael D & Red Robbo at the Aras

That fella from Kildare chasing the rent boys

All the rest are in the Zoo....

[video=youtube;uPysmYy76Ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPysmYy76Ws[/video]

Betson

They really are becoming(or have become) completely irrelevant on the Irish political scene , they have been down before and come back but that was when they more or less had the left leaning vote all to themselves , much different times now with a stronger SF and a plethora of smaller parties and indo's looking for the left vote.

And the last thing they need is the water issue raising it's head again which now looks likely. they are the only 'left leaning' party that support water charges and it is a big issue among many of the voters that they will be chasing and as far as those voters are concerned Labour is on the wrong side of the issue.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies