Labour party thingy in Mullingar?

wombat

The media in this country cheer led one particular group to victory in five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007.
The Irish media are the creatures of the property speculators. The first victim was Joe Mac Anthony but eventually, we all paid - I haven't bought a newspaper regularly since I returned from Canada in 1992.

shiel

The Irish media are the creatures of the property speculators. The first victim was Joe Mac Anthony but eventually, we all paid - I haven't bought a newspaper regularly since I returned from Canada in 1992.
Internet media is equally to blame and much more powerful.

wombat

Internet media is equally to blame and much more powerful.
From what I have seen, internet lifts stories from other media, I don't frequent the crazy cult sites.

shiel

There is an interesting issue in the Bailey v Clifford-Lee debate.

In the media coverage Bailey is going to bring down the government for claiming for injuries while Clifford-Lee is being praised for apologising for racist remarks.

RelentlessApathy!

The media in this country cheer led one particular group to victory in five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007.

Unchallenged they got reckless and bankrupted the country.

The media are going to cheer lead the same group back into power at the next election.
Yeah, but we know that, so whats the point in crying about it? FF and FG just walk straight in time after time as left repeatedly cannibalizes itself. Quelle surprise.

shiel

Yeah, but we know that, so whats the point in crying about it? FF and FG just walk straight in time after time as left repeatedly cannibalizes itself. Quelle surprise.
Trying to get rid of the partisan party political narrative.

Well actually one particular group were cheer led into power by Irish media for 70% of the time since independence.

They actually were cheer led into power for five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007.

Being human power went to their heads and they made decisions which bankrupt the country.

If it was any other group that were in virtually unchallenged power for that period things could have been better or worse.

Anyway the result of a bankrupt country was austerity which Labour was blamed for.

Now media have decided the result of the next election.

Guess what!

The group that bankrupt the country in the period before 2010 will be elected to power for a long time with the approval of Irish media at the next election.

Last edited:

yosef shompeter

There is an interesting issue in the Bailey v Clifford-Lee debate.

In the media coverage Bailey is going to bring down the government for claiming for injuries while Clifford-Lee is being praised for apologising for racist remarks.
Interesting point, but to quote the late Tip O'Neill: "All politics is local". Well it is in Ireland's elections (except for the presidential one, because it's fought at constituency level with all that that entails. In this case should Maria Bailey decide to go as an Independent candidate then that could put a spanner in the works for one (or both) of the FG Dun Laoighaire candidtates. she might feel hard done-by by the people in her local cumann -- or what do I know-- by Leo. The Sunday press? maybe it might have some influence too.

New Threads

Most Replies