Labour party women's only list to include man who identifies as woman on Wednesdays

Mick Mac

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/22/labour-allows-male-activist-stand-womens-officer-identifies/

A branch of UK labour has allowed one David Lewis to run for the position of women's officer. The position is reserved for women only or those who identity as women.

David Lewis, a Labour activist, told the Spectator he identifies as a woman "on Wednesdays, between 6.50am when my alarm goes off and around midnight when I go to bed." Since David self identified as a woman that's sufficient full stop for labour.
Feminist activists have said they oppose this since it means anyone can just self identity and run. They are trying to bring a legal challenge and surely that will be hotly contested. The aim is unless you get a gender recognition cert you should not be able to run but that surely runs in the face of fluid notions of gender.

Mr Lewis has indicated that his action highlights a problem in the wording of the policy and thr question is whether he is in cahoots with labour party feminists.

Some of this has gotten sharp:
Dr Sarah Rutherford posted: "I appeal to transactivists to understand, from this example, why so many of us are concerned about the move for self ID. It is already making the sex category of woman meaningless."
We have to wish him well and for those reading this on Wednesday (her) well.

ruserious

I believe that gender dysphoria is a real thing and that sexual reassignment treatment is justified under public health. But this bolix of being a woman on a Wednesday has to be called out for what it is; nonsense.

neiphin

At first I thought this would be about the Irish La6%ur party
Desperate to appear relevant to someone

Mick Mac

I think its real as well. I think feminists who think his self identifying policy is daft aren't evil.

So what's to be done. This Sarah Rutherford sounds problematic.

But is their a point to be made or should the poliy be changed.

What if the guy genuinely believes on Wednesday that he is a woman.

There is no Jordan Peterson et al to point at. This is just feminists and labour party activists.
This is in house
How to solve what looks like a bit of a conundrum?

ruserious

At first I thought this would be about the Irish La6%ur party
Desperate to appear relevant to someone
Sure the leader of the Irish Labour Party hasn’t been quite open about himself either.

Mick Mac

Sure the leader of the Irish Labour Party hasn’t been quite open about himself either.
That's his business and anyhow isn't this about labour in the United kingdom.

Mick Mac

He self identifies on Wednesday as he goes to the Swimming pool then and has to be allowed change in the Ladies....................... Cellulite around all over the place.

Goa Tse

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/22/labour-allows-male-activist-stand-womens-officer-identifies/

A branch of UK labour has allowed one David Lewis to run for the position of women's officer. The position is reserved for women only or those who identity as women.

Feminist activists have said they oppose this since it means anyone can just self identity and run. They are trying to bring a legal challenge and surely that will be hotly contested. The aim is unless you get a gender recognition cert you should not be able to run but that surely runs in the face of fluid notions of gender.

Mr Lewis has indicated that his action highlights a problem in the wording of the policy and thr question is whether he is in cahoots with labour party feminists.

Some of this has gotten sharp:

We have to wish him well and for those reading this on Wednesday (her) well.
Good OP.

It ought to pull the usual Trumplicking loons off the Repeal threads for a few minutes.

Mick Mac

He self identifies on Wednesday as he goes to the Swimming pool then and has to be allowed change in the Ladies....................... Cellulite around all over the place.
That appears to be the feminists position, that by making a moveable feast of the category of women the policy of self Id is just inviting this problem.

Last edited:

cricket

This sounds like something straight out of waterford whispers.

Mick Mac

This sounds like something straight out of waterford whispers.
No, this is all too real.

Should he be expelled. There is a threat hanging over him.

Mick Mac

Maybe he should be expelled every Monday or on a Tuesday after a Monday bank holiday.
That could be part of the argument on the courts though the rules are silent on such a matter.

However, if they do expel him then they are saying they reject the notion of fluidity of gender.

So when everyone is right who gets to be wrong. That's the issue here isn't it.

That could be part of the argument on the courts though the rules are silent on such a matter.

However, if they do expel him then they are saying they reject the notion of fluidity of gender.

So when everyone is right who gets to be wrong. That's the issue here isn't it.
Feminists hoister by their own petard.................... Cat fight in mud one hopes ...................... Blue Boy where are you.

recedite

Yeah I think he is trolling them. He's making a fair point.
Oops its gone past midnight...she's making a fair point.
She's probably just slipping off the boxer shorts right now, and putting on the nightie.

Mick Mac

Yeah I think he is trolling them. He's making a fair point.
Oops its gone past midnight...she's making a fair point.
She's probably just slipping off the boxer shorts right now, and putting on the nightie.
I understood that it was when he woke up at that point, frequently on Wednesdays, he self identified as a woman

There is a question here to be solved. If you have the freedom to call yourself what you want do you have the right to undermine the category of women in a way that stops women from having more roles in parties.

Horror of horrors but what happens when you confirm both sides are always right and then they have a dispute.

Dr Pat

Where does Diane Abbott feature in all of this? They should have her on the airwaves to state the Labour Party's position on this, for the laff, like. It would be guaranteed comedy gold.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies