Labour to run only One Candidate - Waterford

Oak Tree

Labour displaying no ambition in constituencies where they already hold a seat.

If this lack of ambition continues cant see how Labour will be in running to be largest Party after next GE.

Poor result also in Donegal - looking bad for Gilmore

setanta

LOL ... more faux concern for Labour's prospects.

Labour near-enough trebled its vote share in DSW but was nevertheless held back from any greater improvement by Pearse Doherty who hoovered up an enormous first preference vote share. Is it disappointing, yes and no. We would have preferred a higher vote share, of course, but McBrearty remains odds-on for a seat in the GE.

Not heard about the WFD situation yet, but I'll let you know what the story is should it be confirmed. Labour is running second candidates in all of the selection conventions that are/have taken place so far where there is a sitting TD. doesn't quite match up with your criticism, does it?

Red_93

Is this possibly down to the suspected retirement of BOS? Could it be that the seat will be safely handed sown from one generation to the next without risking it, a la Galwy?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Labour in waterford can f off.

The glass union scum vampires destroyed that enterprise.

The only thing that labour creates is misery, they can f off. I would rather vote SF then those parasite bastards.

Bridget558

People who think labour will win 50+ seats are crazy, my guess is that they will win 33 seats and fail to win any seat in galway west.

ned green

People who think labour will win 50+ seats are crazy, my guess is that they will win 33 seats and fail to win any seat in galway west.
Catherine Connolly Ind has a great chance of picking up Michael Dee,s seat.

Labour near-enough trebled its vote share in DSW but was nevertheless held back from any greater improvement by Pearse Doherty who hoovered up an enormous first preference vote share. Is it disappointing, yes and no. We would have preferred a higher vote share, of course, but McBrearty remains odds-on for a seat in the GE
He hasnt a prayer. GE will see 1 sf 1 fg and 1ff. Pringle has a better chance than McBrearty

Fenian Óg

Labour near-enough trebled its vote share in DSW but was nevertheless held back from any greater improvement by Pearse Doherty who hoovered up an enormous first preference vote share. Is it disappointing, yes and no. We would have preferred a higher vote share, of course, but McBrearty remains odds-on for a seat in the GE.

Not heard about the WFD situation yet, but I'll let you know what the story is should it be confirmed. Labour is running second candidates in all of the selection conventions that are/have taken place so far where there is a sitting TD. doesn't quite match up with your criticism, does it?
I can understand what your saying about people saying that this is worse for Lab than it really is...but come on. McBrearty odds on for a GE?

That's just ************************ing delusional.

Tony Soprano

Labour in waterford can f off.

The glass union scum vampires destroyed that enterprise.

The only thing that labour creates is misery, they can f off. I would rather vote SF then those parasite bastards.
You musnt know much about the Union in Waterford Glass if you think the Union guys in there were Labour supporters!!

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
You musnt know much about the Union in Waterford Glass if you think the Union guys in there were Labour supporters!!
Ah I spose a few of them will vote for the carigeen park communist party. ie Halligan

hiding behind a poster

No he isn't. Anyway, Donegal showed Labour once again undershooting their opinion poll figures - only getting 2/3 of what the RedC constituency poll in mid-election said they'd get. So every time Labour's increased poll support has been tested in ACTUAL elections in the last 2 years, its come in way short. And its that which will most interest Labour strategists. In fact, in that respect Donegal could be a good result for them, as they might be less likely to run too many candidates elsewhere, and concentrate instead on what can realistically be gained.

New Threads

Most Replies