• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow

The Irish RM

The Irish RM

MsDaisyC

I suppose the irony of having to bring in a foreigner to do the job is lost on Brexiteers.

McTell

One of those guys you can't wait to see the back of, and so you'll sign anything to get away from the table. It's an MO, but a bit old style nowadays.

The counter is to bog him down by sending only your junior staff to meetings.

It's all about who "loses it" first. Not a good sign.

petaljam

I was wondering why there was no comment on Tony Abbott becoming the UK's Brexit negotiator and then I discovered it was in the Political Humour section.

TBH it seems to me more as though the British government is trolling its own population rather than making a joke, but I suppose this is close enough.

Still. A bunch of Tory poshboys naming a misogynistic, homophobic non Brit in to negotiate for them is kind of hilarious. Didn't they have enough misogynists of their own?

On the other hand, he should feel right at home in that government. :sneaky:

Dearghoul

I'm sure he will.

They're just bit short on skills

And whether he's totem or not the perception is that something is being done, as the evidence keeps mounting that 'something' chaps 'needs to be seen to be done'.

Brexit needs to be done or something.

Sorry, over to you now chappy.

If it's not a roaring success Dominic will have me fire you or something, never go into the detail.

Good man. How would you like the payoff?

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
A mystifying appointment to say the least and not one bound for longevity I'd say. It is an unpaid advisory position as far as I know so why it being framed as him being 'hired' I don't know.

He seems particularly unpopular in Australia and quite prehistoric so what he brings to the table in terms of UK negotiations no one has any real idea. He's incredibly likely to cause headlines at some stage. Perhaps Boris has lost interest in it all now that it isn't working out.

owedtojoy

A mystifying appointment to say the least and not one bound for longevity I'd say. It is an unpaid advisory position as far as I know so why it being framed as him being 'hired' I don't know.

He seems particularly unpopular in Australia and quite prehistoric so what he brings to the table in terms of UK negotiations no one has any real idea. He's incredibly likely to cause headlines at some stage. Perhaps Boris has lost interest in it all now that it isn't working out.
When I see Boris Johnson and the Tories in action, why do I see an image of Gadarene swine plunging to their doom? Prophetic?

"Hiring" Tony Abbott is just the latest piece of buffoonery.

Angler

The Commonwealth old boy , The Commonwealth .

ringobrodgar

Before the 2014 Scottish independence vote, he announced supporters of Scottish independence were not "friends of freedom" or "friends of justice" in comments that were the strongest at that time by a foreign leader on the independence debate.

He dismissed the likelihood of a separate Scotland being a major global player, saying it is "hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland".

Mr Abbott said: "What the Scots do is a matter for the Scots, and not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote.

"But as a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it's hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland.

owedtojoy

The Commonwealth old boy , The Commonwealth .
Reaction in Australia is much as we would react if he appointed Brian Cowen.

But there is an air of the "Tory Old Boy Network gone Global" about it all. Boris is showing this is really Global Britain by bringing in "talent" from The Colonies.

Leaving aside Abbott's Neanderthal attitudes, his claim to have special expertise in trade deals seems like a load of rubbish. You can see the "How did we get this mediocrity in a senior job?" headlines coming up, after he insults the Akond of Swat, or wherever has been deemed vital for British trade.

If this is the first of Dominic Cummings' "oddballs", well, then, odd he may be, but his so-called talent looks like a load of old bollocks.

milipod

Reaction in Australia is much as we would react if he appointed Brian Cowen.

But there is an air of the "Tory Old Boy Network gone Global" about it all. Boris is showing this is really Global Britain by bringing in "talent" from The Colonies.

Leaving aside Abbott's Neanderthal attitudes, his claim to have special expertise in trade deals seems like a load of rubbish. You can see the "How did we get this mediocrity in a senior job?" headlines coming up, after he insults the Akond of Swat, or wherever has been deemed vital for British trade.

If this is the first of Dominic Cummings' "oddballs", well, then, odd he may be, but his so-called talent looks like a load of old bollocks.
but his so-called talent looks like a load of old bollocks. A perfect fit.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom