Lack of control of dogs in Dublin.

redneck

There is a problem with dog owners in Dublin. The law says that all dogs have to have a licence and wear a collar with name and contact details of owner. But does anyone believe that all dogs have this. Also dog's fouling footpaths is an offence. Punishable with a on spot fine. But once again does any one believe that any dog owner gets fined for dog poo?. Finally it is also an offence to have dogs barking all day and night. It is possible to go to the District court over this. But will anyone really do this. We need more Dog wardens and an eductional campaign.
Dog Control | Dublin City Council
Control of dogs

Armchair Activist

What has mankind been reduced to by picking up sh*t of any kind?

Gin Soaked

What has mankind been reduced to by picking up sh*t of any kind?
Your pet, your mess. We pick up after our dog.

There is a correlation with chavs not picking up poo and decent people being, well, decent.

So this is a bigger problem in poorer areas...

Armchair Activist

Your pet, your mess. We pick up after our dog.

There is a correlation with chavs not picking up poo and decent people being, well, decent.

So this is a bigger problem in poorer areas...
In the grass

Armchair Activist

Send this dog to the zoo

damus

Dog wardens are lifting dogs off the streets and beaches in Fingal if they aren't being kept under the control of their owners. In one case, a person had tied the dog to a post outside a shop which was around the corner from where the dog was registered to. When they returned, the warden had lifted and taken the dog to Ashtown pound. The wardens aren't even getting in touch with the owners of chipped dogs. It's all about targets - and money.

Niall996

Dog owners are disgusting.

redneck

I live in an estate in West Dublin. The houses and gardens are not big. Yet people have not one but two dogs in a lot of the small gardens. Dogs are descended from wolves, a hunting animal. How can a dog-wolf be kept in a small garden?

damus

I live in an estate in West Dublin. The houses and gardens are not big. Yet people have not one but two dogs in a lot of the small gardens. Dogs are descended from wolves, a hunting animal. How can a dog-wolf be kept in a small garden?
A lot of rescues won't re-home the dog if it's going to be kept outside or if nobody is going to be home during the day. I wouldn't get away with my two being left out in the back garden. One of mine barks to get in if I am not quick enough in opening the door. Dogs should be walked/exercised. It's a great way of meeting people.

Lonewolfe

There is a problem with dog owners in Dublin. The law says that all dogs have to have a licence and wear a collar with name and contact details of owner. But does anyone believe that all dogs have this. Also dog's fouling footpaths is an offence. Punishable with a on spot fine. But once again does any one believe that any dog owner gets fined for dog poo?. Finally it is also an offence to have dogs barking all day and night. It is possible to go to the District court over this. But will anyone really do this. We need more Dog wardens and an eductional campaign.
Dog Control | Dublin City CouncilControl of dogs
You're right. Even the dogs in the street know it!

Niall996

Well it needs to be owners need to take responsibility for their own pets or they shouldnt have any.
But they don't, never have, never will. They don't give a ************************.

willow68

As a doggie person, I would agree that larger breeds ought to be kept in larger facilities. Or else exercise your according to its needs. I have a juvenile labrador/alsatian rescue. I am up at the crack of dawn with him and again in the evening for an hour. I feel that is not enough in reality. I carry his leavings in a plastic bag to a designated spot. I also have a wee Westie crossbreed. He takes a sniff of air and is back on the couch.
Owners are responsible for their pet' s needs, unpleasant as it might be. But dog's companionship makes up for all of the unpleasantness. I would not miss it for the world. I also have cats... though I would not repeat that particular mistake.

A REASON

For some reason people are always cleaning up my dogs sh1t for me with their shoes. Very helpful people.

JimmyFoley

Dog Control | Dublin City Council
Control of dogs
Glad you brought this up.

We've been having a problem with a neighbour's dog's fouling our garden, so, after making 5 complaints to them, I decided to contact South Dublin CC to see what could be done, since it was clear that the neighbours didn't give a bollix.

Sweet Jesus, it was like something out of the Simpsons. After 4 redirections, I was eventually asked by a member of staff what kind of dog licence I was looking for! Eventually I was put through to the 'right' person.

I told him I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but it was obvious that this problem wasn't going to stop. He told me, I shít you not, that really nothing could be done because the local warden would have to *witness* the dog doing the deed!

I nearly had a stroke. I asked him what would the warden do; set up a stake out? He stuck to his guns and told me that was the reality of the situation. In the end he took my phone number with the assurance that the warden would contact me directly; that was a month ago.

The Field Marshal

For some reason people are always cleaning up my dogs sh1t for me with their shoes. Very helpful people.
Your avatar combined with your post would indicate you must always be licking clean the shoes of the people you,re referring to

GDPR

Glad you brought this up.

We've been having a problem with a neighbour's dog's fouling our garden, so, after making 5 complaints to them, I decided to contact South Dublin CC to see what could be done, since it was clear that the neighbours didn't give a bollix.

Sweet Jesus, it was like something out of the Simpsons. After 4 redirections, I was eventually asked by a member of staff what kind of dog licence I was looking for! Eventually I was put through to the 'right' person.

I told him I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but it was obvious that this problem wasn't going to stop. He told me, I shít you not, that really nothing could be done because the local warden would have to *witness* the dog doing the deed!

I nearly had a stroke. I asked him what would the warden do; set up a stake out? He stuck to his guns and told me that was the reality of the situation. In the end he took my phone number with the assurance that the warden would contact me directly; that was a month ago.
Yet another one who expects the govt to sort everything out for him, while at the same time no doubt whining that the govt is overly intrusive and oppressive.

If your neighbours dont give a bollix then get to know your neighbours and persuade them to give a bollix. Get off your arse and sort it yourself.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies