Lackadaisical attitude to housing in vacant Dublin council housing flats

Patslatt1

Last edited:
Last edited:
An acquaintance who lives in a council flat in a high rise off Pearse Street, Dublin says two flats have remained vacant since last Autumn, a studio rented to a man who is deceased and a two bedroom flat rented to a family that moved out. The failure to rent these flats in the housing crisis and amid publicity about homelessness suggests dysfunctional.management. This may be influenced by an attitude of most councillors that protecting NIMBYS is more important than providing public housing. No doubt the housing management would say that the prolonged vacancies are an unfortunate oversight. How many such oversights are out there in Dublin councils?

McTell

Probably awaiting "refurbishment" by a council squad of latchicos, who got their jobs becos their uncle jimmy knew a fella in the pub whose aunt was .....
...and so there's no big hurry with dem flats, so there isn't, sher isn't it shockin that corona virus goin round, no way josé am i doin a tap of work dese times, with all-a them furriners on pearse street, I'm stayin in me van until the pubs are open again...

Patslatt1

Probably awaiting "refurbishment" by a council squad of latchicos, who got their jobs becos their uncle jimmy knew a fella in the pub whose aunt was .....
...and so there's no big hurry with dem flats, so there isn't, sher isn't it shockin that corona virus goin round, no way josé am i doin a tap of work dese times, with all-a them furriners on pearse street, I'm stayin in me van until the pubs are open again...
There are a few employees hanging around in an office there with very little to do, maybe redundant workers who were kept on in a sweet deal with unions.

McTell

There are a few employees hanging around in an office there with very little to do, maybe redundant workers who were kept on in a sweet deal with unions.

Joxer Daly, ye're rearin them yet....

Round tower

The turnrounds betwen one tenant leaving aand another moving in most cases can be months which is shocking in these times

Sweet Darling

An acquaintance who lives in a council flat in a high rise off Pearse Street, Dublin says two flats have remained vacant since last Autumn, a studio rented to a man who is deceased and a two bedroom flat rented to a family that moved out. The failure to rent these flats in the housing crisis and amid publicity about homelessness suggests dysfunctional.management. This may be influenced by an attitude of most councillors that protecting NIMBYS is more important than providing public housing. No doubt the housing management would say that the prolonged vacancies are an unfortunate oversight. How many such oversights are out there in Dublin councils?
Dublin City Council is run by the lefty left. who have no interest in solving the gift of homelessness,

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom