Lady Lucan is Dead - but is her Husband still alive?

Catalpast

One of the greatest mystery's in British Criminal History is no closer to resolution this week

- as the spouse of the infamous Lord Lucan - Lady Lucan

- has been found dead in her Belgravia home

- bizarrely enough the same dwelling in which Lord Lucan murdered their Nanny and tried to murder his Lady.

Lady Lucan, widow of Lord Lucan, found dead at London home

Lady Lucan, whose husband famously vanished more than four decades ago, has been found dead at her home in London.

Police forced entry to the 80-year-old's home in Westminster yesterday afternoon after she was reported missing, and found her unresponsive.

Lord Lucan's family once owned over 60,000 acres in Co Mayo and lived on the outskirts of Castlebar.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0927/907833-lady-lucan-london/

The poor woman does not seem to have had a very happy life, her husband beat her and abused her and after the terrible events of 1974 her children were taken away and I don't think she ever saw them again....

Requiem en pace/May she Rest in Peace

Betson

If he was still alive I reckon he would have turned up by now, probably done away with himself shortly after he murdered the nanny. Most likely jumped into the sea.

parentheses

The Lucans were a bad lot as far as I know.

Evicted loads of tenants to starve in the famine

between the bridges

Waves...

razorblade

One of the greatest mystery's in British Criminal History is no closer to resolution this week

- as the spouse of the infamous Lord Lucan - Lady Lucan

- has been found dead in her Belgravia home

- bizarrely enough the same dwelling in which Lord Lucan murdered their Nanny and tried to murder his Lady.

Lady Lucan, widow of Lord Lucan, found dead at London home

Lady Lucan, whose husband famously vanished more than four decades ago, has been found dead at her home in London.

Police forced entry to the 80-year-old's home in Westminster yesterday afternoon after she was reported missing, and found her unresponsive.

Lord Lucan's family once owned over 60,000 acres in Co Mayo and lived on the outskirts of Castlebar.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0927/907833-lady-lucan-london/

The poor woman does not seem to have had a very happy life, her husband beat her and abused her and after the terrible events of 1974 her children were taken away and I don't think she ever saw them again....

Requiem en pace/May she Rest in Peace
Poor woman to have to go through so much tragedy RIP.

gijoe

Wasn't she also estranged from her kids or at least the current Lord Lucan?

Betson

Wasn't she also estranged from her kids or at least the current Lord Lucan?
Yes , she gave a n interview a few months back where she said she had no contact with her children , she said she found out about their marriages , grand children etc via notices in the paper.

Analyzer

Lord Lucan ?

His journey ended before he was about to squeel on the maFFia.

No coincidence either.

Catalpast

Looks like the new Lord Lucan does not accept that his Dad murdered the Nanny!

Evidence that Lord Lucan murdered his children’s nanny before disappearing is only weak the new Lady Lucan has declared, as she said the family is trying to make a fresh start from the notorious mystery.

Evidence against Lord Lucan 'weak and circumstantial' says new Countess

You know it just struck me but did the Police ever search the house

- I mean forensically?

hollandia

Looks like the new Lord Lucan does not accept that his Dad murdered the Nanny!

Evidence that Lord Lucan murdered his children’s nanny before disappearing is only weak the new Lady Lucan has declared, as she said the family is trying to make a fresh start from the notorious mystery.

Evidence against Lord Lucan 'weak and circumstantial' says new Countess

You know it just struck me but did the Police ever search the house

- I mean forensically?
I doubt it. I mean that's just something they would never think of when they discover a body.

diaspora-mick

I doubt it. I mean that's just something they would never think of when they discover a body.
It may depend on where exactly the body is found.
If it's in the house of one of the "great and good" that might play a role as to how the cops do their job.

It's not as if there aren't plenty of precedents for cover-ups and "mistakes" etc in high-profile cases.
In Ireland there is the example of the Niall Molloy case which doesn't appear to have ever been satisfactorily clarified.

The question here is what unwritten rules applied in the England of that time ...

Catalpast

mr_anderson

Catalpast

I've no doubt the kids could challenge that, should they wish.
Her 'sound mind' is easily questionable.
The son is quite well off and the daughter is a QC

- but all the money in the World cant make up for what they were put through

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies