Lady Mosley

RasherHash

Collaboration has always happened. The Brits didn't object when we did it with them. Way too much has been made about Wodehouse.
According to Diana Mosley, 'we were never traitors and would never have sold out our country'.

RasherHash

You do know that he was a leading figure in the British Labour Party which he joined in 1924? It was his proposals being blocked as too radical by the Labour/Liberal coalition in 1930 that led him out of it and towards Fascism.
It's interesting that Diana says, 'the reason black shirts were chosen was because black material was the cheapest and so workers would be able to buy it and be part of the group'.

Windowshopper

Another tiresome example of Rasher's 'person met Hitler and found him to be civil (therefore he can't be evil and the Holocaust never happened)'. Rasher is either too stupid enough to not realise that monsters can be charming in social settings not conduct themselves like cartoon supervillains or more likely he thinks that we are that stupid.

RasherHash

Another tiresome example of Rasher's 'person met Hitler and found him to be civil (therefore he can't be evil and the Holocaust never happened)'. Rasher is either too stupid enough to not realise that monsters can be charming in social settings not conduct themselves like cartoon supervillains or more likely he thinks that we are that stupid.
Are you so shallow that you can't discuss history without some ulterior motive?

I don't believe in monsters, they're for little children and Walt Disney ;)

Windowshopper

Are you so shallow that you can't discuss history without some ulterior motive?

;)
Hahahaha

I suppose the best way to practice hypocrisy is with a brass neck.

RasherHash

Hahahaha

I suppose the best way to practice hypocrisy is with a brass neck.
The reality is you can't seem to discuss these issues without trolling and throwing mud, you really should examine the mote in your own eye.

You think you are opposing fascism but you are only interested in censoring and trolling (which is fascist in itself), why not discuss the issues openly, what have you got to lose except your chains? ;)

derryman

The thread is interesting. Why do people feel threatened by mature discussion about events and personalities of history. If ones understanding /knowledge of history is accurate there really is no need to suppress other interpretations and perspectives. Is it that we are afraid of the reflections we see in other narratives?

RasherHash

The thread is interesting. Why do people feel threatened by mature discussion about events and personalities of history. If ones understanding /knowledge of history is accurate there really is no need to suppress other interpretations and perspectives. Is it that we are afraid of the reflections we see in other narratives?
That seems to be the fear some have, they are afraid their nice neat little 'truths' will be overturned and their heroes turn out to be just as bad as the 'villains'.

parentheses

History is political.

RasherHash

[video=youtube;rd7LcaXZzUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd7LcaXZzUs[/video]
I've never listen to him speak before, he comes across as far more reasonable than I would have thought.

The lefties are like rabid lunatics trying to shout him down.

Interesting as well that Mosley was from a Labour Party background, I would have thought a Tory background but there you go.

The_SR

Because it's not a mature discussion. It's the same old from a holocaust denier who is spamming the place with 'Hitler was lovely so can't have ordered the Holocaust' threads.

RasherHash

RasherHash

Christ you are special.
Why can't you deal with the facts and discuss the issues rather than playing childish trolling games?

Dame_Enda

I've never listen to him speak before, he comes across as far more reasonable than I would have thought.

The lefties are like rabid lunatics trying to shout him down.

Interesting as well that Mosley was from a Labour Party background, I would have thought a Tory background but there you go.
He was a Conservative originally (1918-22), then Independent (1922-24) then Labour (1924-31).

Gwannow

I once read an article years ago by Albert Speer saying that he never once heard Hitler denounce Jews. A total load of codswallop. Even the mass murderer's close associates, said that he was always going on a rant about Jews.

former wesleyan

Oswald Mosley was both terribly flawed and terribly brilliant, he could have easily been the greatest leader the British Labour Party ever had if his ego had not got in the way.
Something that a lot of people dont know was that he was a supporter of Irish Republicanism from the time of the Tan War.
Jorian Jenks and Henry Williamson who were associated with Mosley I find more interesting than him.
Shyte.

At the time he betrayed no sympathy for the IRA. In one of his early contributions he accepted that ‘in the present state of Ireland one certainly cannot deny the right to shoot a man who, when challenged, refuses to hold up his hands. Anything of that sort is perfectly legitimate
.’

The root of Mosley’s case against the Black and Tans was that their behaviour undermined the superiority of British imperial rule

Dame_Enda

I once read an article years ago by Albert Speer saying that he never once heard Hitler denounce Jews. A total load of codswallop. Even the mass murderer's close associates, said that he was always going on a rant about Jews.
He also lied about not hearing Himmlers speech to the Gauleiters in Poznan which was tape recorded.

Windowshopper

What's this bull about suppression. How is disagreeing or belittling someone's views suppressing their free speech. Rasher is always moaning about the censorship against him when anyone says boo to him. It's pathetic.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies