Lady Sylvia: I expect to see a border poll in my lifetime

McSlaggart

With Brexit taking place should we have a referendum on the border before we actually leave?

Levellers

She's probably the only elected unionist who isn't subsumed by sectarianism and is objective in her outlook.

AhNowStop

She's probably the only elected unionist who isn't subsumed by sectarianism and is objective in her outlook.
One of the crackpots on here asked me what I meant by a decent unionist last week .. She would be another good example... a good person who also happens to have more wit than the entire DUP seem to possess in total..

Mickeymac

Its a border poll and when we should have it.

If unionism possessed such a quality of being good strategists, they would have fought politically tooth and nail to have had the border poll on the same day as the Brexit vote.

The voters in June 2016 had not a clue about the devastating effect Brexit would have on their standard of living, finances etc and for my money I would have said a vote by the false statelet on that day would have been a small majority to remain within the divided kingdom.

As more alarming revelations become apparent over the next few months regarding the effects of Brexit, I have no doubt a border poll shortly will result in a resounding YES to depart the divided kingdom.

Mickeymac

One of the crackpots on here asked me what I meant by a decent unionist last week .. She would be another good example... a good person who also happens to have more wit than the entire DUP seem to possess in total..

Concur sir, the DUP/UDA sold them a pup, the voters problem:lol: if they buy another one:lol:

death or glory

mac tíre

Oh good, another pointless Brexit border thread :roll:
Not really. Political commentators like Alex Kane and others, particularly in the BT, have been talking about the possibility of a border poll more and more recently. Even the DUP have been drawn on it. Now a well established Unionist MP is talking about a border poll in her lifetime when she previously thought that would not be possible.

That might be pointless to you but many of the rest of us think it's worthy of discussion.

CastleRay

Not really. Political commentators like Alex Kane and others, particularly in the BT, have been talking about the possibility of a border poll more and more recently. Even the DUP have been drawn on it. Now a well established Unionist MP is talking about a border poll in her lifetime when she previously thought that would not be possible.

That might be pointless to you but many of the rest of us think it's worthy of discussion.
Oh good. We’ll end up back at the GFa though.

former wesleyan

What would the wording of a border poll be ?

Round tower

Saw a bit of the interview, it was put to her that the DUP will be targeting her seat at the next GE, she scoffed at it and replied "that they have being tarhetting her seat for a while and not getting anywhere"

Mickeymac

You know the border... the one causing so much trouble for the UK..... Secretary of State can call a border poll any time they like.

Problem is, the crackpots are keeping the brand new useless British Tory SOS in a job, why would she risk her livelihood to facilitate the proper and correct thing to do?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies