Lady Sylvia: I expect to see a border poll in my lifetime

vivabrigada

McSlaggart

I’d jettison Londonderry in a heartbeat to whoever would want it. It’s just a parochial republic of misery, dependent on others and with so many chips their shoulders are beyond recognition, no matter the jurisdiction it’s in.
You have a very interesting perspective of the city. The city is now a lovely place to spend time in. It has a lot to lose with Brexit and so has the rest of the six counties.

Mickeymac

You have a very interesting perspective of the city. The city is now a lovely place to spend time in. It has a lot to lose with Brexit and so has the rest of the six counties.

Absolutely McS, my morning tv show introduced visitors just returned from Ireland told the presenters they were treated like movie stars in both Belfast and Doire..........no difference whatsoever....the way they were given similar welcome in Killarney and Galway.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
I would have thought that answered your question..........World Beaterpetunia
Yes Mickey, but why does something so simple have to be repeated endlessly to the partitionist genius's on P.ie :roll::roll:

Sword of Gideon

Absolutely McS, my morning tv show introduced visitors just returned from Ireland told the presenters they were treated like movie stars in both Belfast and Doire..........no difference whatsoever....the way they were given similar welcome in Killarney and Galway.
So being a UK citizen has no effect on the way we treat foreign visitors.

Paddyc

Going back on topic:

Looks like Sylvia Hermon and Teresa May are on the same page

Rees-Mogg said that he believed the UK would win any future border poll in Northern Ireland (citing the result of the Scottish independence referendum).

May responded, according to the paper:

I would not be as confident as you. That’s not a risk I’m prepared to take. We cannot be confident on the politics of that situation, on how it plays out.
Obviously, it's not going to happen immediately, as Teresa needs those DUP votes to prop up her shambles of a government, but I do hear a faint "tick tock" in the background.

vivabrigada

Going back on topic:

Looks like Sylvia Hermon and Teresa May are on the same page

Obviously, it's not going to happen immediately, as Teresa needs those DUP votes to prop up her shambles of a government, but I do hear a faint "tick tock" in the background.
The tick tock isn't faint, Thanks to DUP arroganance and Brexit it's loud and clear.
Constitutional change in Ireland has already been laid down and agreed in the GFA.
Tiochfaidh Ar La.

between the bridges

The tick tock isn't faint, Thanks to DUP arroganance and Brexit it's loud and clear.
Constitutional change in Ireland has already been laid down and agreed in the GFA.
Tiochfaidh Ar La.
Somewhat ironic that you of all IRA hero worshippers belive that achieving UI will have nothing to do with yer 30 year sectarian murder campaign, but well done on acknowledging it...

vinoboy

The ethnic cleansing by IRA led by Adams of ordinary PUL such as Douglas Deering has not been forgotten and Provo supporters and members will hopefully lead to them receiving similar treatment.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies