Lancet: Irelands heath system 13th best in the world.

Blokesbloke

There's sort of an irony in this thread today.

Daughter came home from a routine appointment today. The wheelchair arrives on Wednesday.
:( So sorry to hear that Des.

greengoose2

I was hoping to have a lifetime wait for any such thing.
I do not know what your daughter's ailment is and I certainly commiserate with you on whatever it may be. My comment was in line with the rapidity of the delivery.

I had some dealings with a clinic in Nice and the affair was efficient and better value than in Dublin! The system here in Ireland stinks to high hell but the care staff are a bunch of absolute angels. Appointments for the month of August and in the meantime, misery. Does one go constantly to harangue a GP and how does that help.

sadmal

In a hugely comprehensive study The Lancet has ranked every nations health care system accounting for quality and access across hundreds of factors.

Andorra tops the poll with a score of 95, followed by the likes of Iceland, Norway, etc

Ireland comes in at 13th place with a respectable score of 88 - level with the likes of France and Canada.

The UK is at 30th and the US at 35th place.

http://www.thelancet.com/cms/attachment/2094714513/2077254606/gr2a_lrg.jpg

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)30818-8/fulltext
I don't believe it! If they based this ranking on any information supplied by the HSE then it's suspect.

rainmaker

Administrator
I think you misunderstand what the Lancet does.
No, you clearly misunderstood my post.

I just pointed out that the OP was (as usual) being disingenuous in claiming that the study was carried out by the Lancet, rather than simply being published by the Lancet - if anyone has misunderstood what the Lancet does, it is the OP.

I do not know what your daughter's ailment is and I certainly commiserate with you on whatever it may be. My comment was in line with the rapidity of the delivery.

I had some dealings with a clinic in Nice and the affair was efficient and better value than in Dublin! The system here in Ireland stinks to high hell but the care staff are a bunch of absolute angels. Appointments for the month of August and in the meantime, misery. Does one go constantly to harangue a GP and how does that help.
Don't worry in the least. I understood your comment in precisely that manner. I'm sort of cracking up here,so forgive me if I'm curt in response. She'll be in and out for tests over the next month. No weight on her joints in the meantime.

I played four decades of sport summer and winter and cycled a couple of hundred miles a week. My own joints are fooked and I'd happily accept her pain on top of mine. It's just so so difficult to see a ten year old with worse hips than this gnarly old count who at least wore the damned things out and who had fun in the process.

rainmaker

Administrator
There's sort of an irony in this thread today.

Daughter came home from a routine appointment today. The wheelchair arrives on Wednesday.
Very rarely do you come across a post that stops you in your tracks & just puts everything into perspective.

Good luck to you and your family.

users

No, you clearly misunderstood my post.

I just pointed out that the OP was (as usual) being disingenuous in claiming that the study was carried out by the Lancet, rather than simply being published by the Lancet - if anyone has misunderstood what the Lancet does, it is the OP.
The OP wrote:
Lancet: Ireland's heath system 13th best in the world

So he should have written this as a headline and you'd be happy:

"An article published in the Lancet satisfying it's its peer review standards, but not actually written by the Lancet itself, which by the way is far from being unusual for publications printed in that journal, rates Ireland's heath system 13th best in the world"

rainmaker

Administrator
The OP wrote:
Lancet: Ireland's heath system 13th best in the world
No, now you're squirming because you feel a a bit silly. The OP clearly implied that the study was by the Lancet. Here:

In a hugely comprehensive study The Lancet has ranked every nations health care system accounting for quality and access across hundreds of factors
I've emboldened the disingenuous part I corrected to save you any further comprehension struggles.

johnnypockets

13th best in the world after the economic crash we had. That's remarkable. The doomsayers will be disgusted :lol:

D

Deleted member 45466

13th best in the world after the economic crash we had. That's remarkable. The doomsayers will be disgusted :lol:
Strange alright. If one were to draw a conclusion about healthcare in Ireland (particularly maternal health care) from the repeal the 8th threads, one would be forgiven for thinking that women for dropping like flies.

ger12

It is, and due to the enormous effort of people working within the health service all these years. It's also a testament to Harneys years in health.

sadmal

It is, and due to the enormous effort of people working within the health service all these years. It's also a testament to Harneys years in health.
I'm sure that a lot of people working in the health service who do their best but there are too many vested interests who put their own interests before any concern for patients.

Most people's experience of our health service is in A & E departments and they are a total mess. How would they cope if there was ever a major catastrophic event is frightening to even contemplate.

D

Deleted member 45466

I'm sure that a lot of people working in the health service who do their best but there are too many vested interests who put their own interests before any concern for patients.

Most people's experience of our health service is in A & E departments and they are a total mess. How would they cope if there was ever a major catastrophic event is frightening to even contemplate.
The peculiar thing about catastrophes is that they tend to be catastrophic.

gleeful

A&e is chaos everywhere. Thats kind if the nature of it.

eoghanacht

sadmal

A&e is chaos everywhere. Thats kind if the nature of it.
Yet we hear reports from people who have attended A&E in other countries while on holiday and they tell a very different story.
Clean hospitals, efficient staff, waiting times two hours at most and these are public hospitals not private clinics.
If other countries can do it why can't Irish hospitals?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom