"Landmark" and Kathleen O'Meara

TheChief

Can anyone tell me about the extaordinary story I heard about Senator Kathleen O' Meara and her involvement in "Landmark" - an organisation which is said to be cult-like in its structure and aims ?

There are murmurings about it within Labour, both nationally and locally, and it may cost her a Dail nomination (!!)

So whats it all about ??

Barbarian

There was a lengthy article about it in The Phoenix following up from a piece in the Tribune - I wasn't aware she went 'public' about it but she never hid the fact that she is involved in The Landmark organisation, indeed she apparently acts as an advocate for it.
She could well be brought before the standards in public office committee for allegedly facilitating the group to hold meetings in Leinster House.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, O'Meara's position in Tipp as a potential Labour candidate is said to be under threat from certain sections of her own local organisation

owenfeehan

Does anyone know any more precise details? Is Landmark as cult-like as it is claimed? Does anyone know to what extent it was claimed that O'Meara was active within the organisation?

TheChief

I saw the Phoenix article last night- it claimed that O' Meara had tried to get several other Labour figures involved in Landmark.

The article finishes on a humorous note- saying something like:

"The Phoenix has no evidence that suggests that any other Labour front benchers are involved in Landmark, and it appears that the cult-like Stickies are the only people exerting mind-control on the party"

:D

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Actually cyb, in an email to Labour parliamentary party members on 22nd of May - Kathleen O'Meara (in asking them to nomimate her as the party's candidate for president) writes that 6000 people have benefitted from Landmark in Ireland.

In 2005 I was asked by a Sunday Tribune reporter to give an interview about a course I had done called the Landmark Forum and what I had gained personally from doing the course. I was happy to share my personal experience, but I was shocked when the newspaper then created a sensational story out of it. At the time my elderly father was very ill and it was very upsetting but I am a former journalist myself and still a member of the NUJ I trusted the reporter and the newspaper at the time. For the record, Landmark Education, the company which delivers the Landmark Forum, is a global training and personal development company and their education is cutting edge. 6,000 people in Ireland have done the Landmark Forum and got considerable benefit from it. Their website is http://www.landmarkeducation.com.

borntorum

Wow, bumping a thread after six years. Is this an, er, landmark?

Stating the Obvious

There was a piece about "Landmark" on Liveline today. People being threatened, pressurised into signing documents, not allowed to leave meetings to go to the toilet.

All sounds very sinister. That silly O'Meara woman has questions to answer on this one

The Field Marshal

Can anyone tell me about the extaordinary story I heard about Senator Kathleen O' Meara and her involvement in "Landmark" - an organisation which is said to be cult-like in its structure and aims ?

There are murmurings about it within Labour, both nationally and locally, and it may cost her a Dail nomination (!!)

So whats it all about ??
Why could you not have included this essential link in your lazy OP?

.Landmark Education: The Landmark Forum, Landmark Education seminars, courses, and programs for Landmark Forum graduates

PUFF DADDY

cyb starts a thread on Norris the night before it hits liveline's show yesterday and now bumps up a 6 yr old thread today about another presidential candidate, where the liveline show today dedicated the whole show to suspects of this landmark forum..mmm O'Meara's name not mentioned yet.

The Field Marshal

cyb starts a thread on Norris the night before it hits liveline's show yesterday and now bumps up a 6 yr old thread today about another presidential candidate, where the liveline show today dedicated the whole show to suspects of this landmark forum..mmm O'Meara's name not mentioned yet.
Apparantly this female is seeking a labour party nomination for the presidency.
Another "Landmark" in politics eh?
Former senator Kathleen O’Meara confirms Labour presidential bid · TheJournal

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies