Large cavity discovered in Great Pyramid

The Field Marshal

I knew it.

Mushroom

"...we report the discovery of a large void (with a cross section similar to the Grand Gallery and a length of 30 m minimum) above the Grand Gallery"

That's enormous!

Dame_Enda

Hoping for Tutankhamen-style treasure down there. Of course being Khufu one of the early Pharoahs it probably won't be that snazzy.

Mushroom

The Field Marshal

During the recent quest to discover the Higgs Bosun my detector also captured three muons from the location of the Great Pyramid.

I was,nt absolutely certain of their source so I kept silent.

Todays news comes as a great relief at last.

GDPR

Maybe the Egyptian builders were saving time and materials, little knowing their secret would be revealed 1000s of years later by muons?

What was the name of that ex-IRA bloke who built a block of flats in Dublin so shabby and unsafe it had to be torn down? This caused €millions and great hardship to the poor owners of those flats.

Mushroom

Bill

if it's that transformers thingy that blows up the sun, best leave it alone

blokesbloke

During the recent quest to discover the Higgs Bosun my detector also captured three muons from the location of the Great Pyramid.

I was,nt absolutely certain of their source so I kept silent.

Todays news comes as a great relief at last.
Fancy! I am pleased at your relief.

Will you be celebrating?

If I were you I'd go out for a nice meal.

jmcc

Hoping for Tutankhamen-style treasure down there. Of course being Khufu one of the early Pharoahs it probably won't be that snazzy.
Don't think that there was every any such treasure found in the pyramids. The detection system might have given different results for a such a trove compared to a cavity.

Mushroom

What was the name of that ex-IRA bloke who built a block of flats in Dublin so shabby and unsafe it had to be torn down? This caused €millions and great hardship to the poor owners of those flats.
Tom "the cockroach" McFeely.

jmcc

Maybe the Egyptian builders were saving time and materials, little knowing their secret would be revealed 1000s of years later by muons?
Strange as it seems, there doesn't seem to be any conclusive theory on how the pyramids were built. There are lots of theories.

Accidental sock

Strange as it seems, there doesn't seem to be any conclusive theory on how the pyramids were built. There are lots of theories.
I think they started at the top.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies