Large crowds at Dublin Airport to welcome IMF/EU delegation.

He3

Large crowds are expected to turn out at Dublin Airport tomorrow Thursday to welcome the IMF/EU visitor influx. The government has hailed their decision to spend time in Ireland as a great success for the Department of Tourism's marketing drive to increase bednights and in particular their focus on attracting high spending visitors.

To mark the occasion public and civil servants are being given an additional privilege day to enable them to be at the Airport.

Special discount deals are being put together by an array of leisure and refreshment service providers hoping to attract the honoured visitors to spend time in their premises.

The visit has already seen a boost to the share price of the parent company owning Dublin's troubled Four Seasons hotel.

Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan in a statement added:

'Ireland had to fight off intense international competition to secure this delegation. I warmly commend the efforts of the dedicated staff and my colleagues in government for making this a reality'.

LeDroit

Housewives are preparing cups of tea for our saviours.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
On the first day of the Volcanic ash I took a trip out to the airport to have a look at it on that rare occasion thinking it was a one off. It went on for 2 weeks. I thought I was taken advantage of a once off and I won't fall for it this time. I going on the assumption they'll be coming and going for years.

Cato

Coming to an airport near you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

He3

I can swing by de airport in de merc if yeez want sum of de MFI lads dropped inta de Shelburn....
Thank you President Ahern but for health and safety reasons and in order to maximise the economic stimulus to the transport sector each guest will be individually chauffeured to their destination.

There will certainly be opportunities for you to engage with them during their stay and any suggestions you may have on the modalities should be passed to the Protocol section in Foreign Affairs.

droghedasouth

I am sure they will be impressed by T2 on their way through.
Or should I say thru?

Oldira1

The should be treated the same way as Panzer Group Guderian when it entered Brest Litvosk on 22nd June 1941.

LeDroit

I am sure they will be impressed by T2 on their way through.
Or should I say thru?
They'll be so impressed they'll ask for it to be disassembled and reassembled in Hanover. Danke!

Cassandra Syndrome

No doubt there will be many to welcome them in

blinding

Have FFail got enough brown envelopes to trowser all the mana that our new overlords are burdened with !

Tomas Mor

Bet Biffo will do a 1963 Dev on it at the airport JFK style, when his said it was appropriate that his first few words should be as Gaeilge, the Celtic language of the ancient IMF forefathers , of the ancient Dail gCais man Brian Ború , who at Cluain Tarbh, took on and defeated the invader forever !

And BTW I hope there is not a Collins type squad,aka Twelve Apostles, waiting to take them out in front of their wives and children and in their beds !

Last edited:

DCon

Most Replies