Last 10 years of Fianna FAIL

hammer

Who has actually been running this country for the last 10 years ?

Anglo - basketcase - €22.3 billion
AIB - bust - €3.5 billion
BOI - close - €3.5 billion
INBS - basketcase - €2.7 billion
439,000 live register
40,000 FAS Courses
€83,000 million National Debt
€47,000 million SPV for NAMA
€110,000 million pension timebomb
188 dead children minimum in State Care
Catholic Church
Annual deficit €18 billion
National Strikes aroung the corner
11,000 drug addicts
5,000 dying prematurely due to inequality
VHI - on the brink
330,000 empty houses
Ghose Estates
DDDA - bankrupt
Terminal 2 - white elephant
Evoting
PPARS
HSE
FAS
€250M per annum stamp duty scheme not closed
Senators claiming excessive expenses
John O Donoghue
Willie O` Dea
250-300 on trollies every night
1,000 acute bed closures
Thornton Hall Prison
Overcrowding in all our prisons
Dick Outs
Moriarty Tribunal
Mahon Tribunal
Emigration returns
3 businesses a day closing down
PRSI fund - wiped out
50,000 awaiting social welfare claims to be processed
65,000 awaiting passports
€50,000 per month to feed the poor in Dublin alone
50,000+ on social housing lists
PPPs abandoned
€300,000 per annum consultants

Cruffan

Good question!

Fianna Fail candidates masquerade in their bailiwicks as Hail Fellow Well Met Gombeens to get elected. Once elected, they are open to suggestions from Lobbyists with little regard for their electorate, as they are easily fooled come the next election.

One other question: Who pays for the running of this country?
Tax Take is:
33% PAYE
33% VAT
16% Excise
10%? (open to correction) Corporation Tax including Transfer-Pricing Multinationals!

Eurocitizen

Yawn , another thread.;)

Eurocitizen

Couldn't resist just emailed that list to my local TD's Jonny Brady and Noel Dempsey to congratulate them on their success. Thanks hammer

Was that you :eek: that is why everyone got a call 10 min ago to go to HQ for emergancy meeting with Noel Dempsey who is rushing back from his holiday home.

HughinBandon

Anglo - basketcase - €22.3 billion
AIB - bust - €3.5 billion
BOI - close - €3.5 billion
INBS - basketcase - €2.7 billion
439,000 live register
40,000 FAS Courses
€83,000 million National Debt
€47,000 million SPV for NAMA
€110,000 million pension timebomb
188 dead children minimum in State Care
Catholic Church
Annual deficit €18 billion
National Strikes aroung the corner
11,000 drug addicts
5,000 dying prematurely due to inequality
VHI - on the brink
330,000 empty houses
Ghose Estates
DDDA - bankrupt
Terminal 2 - white elephant
Evoting
PPARS
HSE
FAS
€250M per annum stamp duty scheme not closed
Senators claiming excessive expenses
John O Donoghue
Willie O` Dea
250-300 on trollies every night
1,000 acute bed closures
Thornton Hall Prison
Overcrowding in all our prisons
Dick Outs
Moriarty Tribunal
Mahon Tribunal
Emigration returns
3 businesses a day closing down
PRSI fund - wiped out
50,000 awaiting social welfare claims to be processed
65,000 awaiting passports
€50,000 per month to feed the poor in Dublin alone
50,000+ on social housing lists
PPPs abandoned
€300,000 per annum consultants
And yet despite all this our standards of living are light years ahead of the standards of living 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

Even the unemployed can afford cars, Sky subscriptions, broadband and annual holidays.

It's all about perspective you know, but hey, if you think you can do better, why not stand in the next election.

oggy

Yawn , another thread.;)
Did you notice the volcanic ash was not included ? Have spotted you as FF along with two others, Tonic and Sailor. Plus three others but forget their names. This message board and other Irish political sites on the internet are at least 95% against FF. Its time we fought back in an organised manner so I would like to suggest interested FF people could use Paltalk Scene to have an ad hoch meeting to organise a joint effort. As a newcomer here I cannot start threads or use pm facility so am using this thread to contact you.

When I say meeting on Paltalk I mean a 30 to 60 minute session now and then when realtime text and voice can be used. Would actually like to get a few people who regulary attack FF in Paltalk for no holds barred sessions.

Interested in the notion ?

hammer

Totally surprised that 95% aren`t in support of Fianna FAIL bearing in mind what a great job they are doing :)

Tom Red

Was that you :eek: that is why everyone got a call 10 min ago to go to HQ for emergancy meeting with Noel Dempsey who is rushing back from his holiday home.
FF'ers always seem to be traveling from their holiday homes. Or is that their primary homes?

hammer

And yet despite all this our standards of living are light years ahead of the standards of living 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

Even the unemployed can afford cars, Sky subscriptions, broadband and annual holidays.

It's all about perspective you know, but hey, if you think you can do better, why not stand in the next election.
Could well do. Couldn`t be too difficult :)

Might be a slight generalisation there about the unemployed.

Maybe you should ring MABS and see what real difficulties people are facing. Food & mortgage are a struggle for all unemployed.

borntorum

What are you talking about?

Catholic Church
Ghose Estates
Dick Outs
But I see what you did with the thread title. You made a pun about Fianna FAIL! That's sharp. Nobody else has done that. Good stuff

jmcc

Is it true that FGHQ has notified the Israelis that his helicopter is really on an aid mission to Gaza? :)

Regards...jmcc

HughinBandon

Could well do. Couldn`t be too difficult :)

Might be a slight generalisation there about the unemployed.

Maybe you should ring MABS and see what real difficulties people are facing. Food & mortgage are a struggle for all unemployed.
Try it and find out. Bet you don't though.

Maybe slight, not everyone on the dole has a car, Sky and broadband, but they are all afforded an acceptable standard of living.

I rang MABS myself once having gotten into debt way over my head. They couldn't do anything for me except pray but I managed to dig myself out of it eventually. I didn't blame the government for my excessive borrowing though. I accepted that I made the choice to load myself up with credit, nobody forced me, and I made the sacrifices to get back on level terms.

Maybe people should take personal responsibility for their own financial situation, sure it was easy to get credit in the boom years but like I said, nobody forced anybody to take out a loan, mortgage or otherwise.

hammer

So you think it a slight generalisation that 479,000 people on the Live register and on FAS course maybe dont have a car, sky,broadband and annual holidays.

A lot of these people would have savings built up in the good days and are more than entitled to these if they can pay for them.

You may have noticed also that people are renegotiating loan repayments, cancelling private healthcare, looking for assistance from SVP, taking no holidays, only buying the bare necessities. Others are in arrears with their mortgage and seeking mortgage assistance from social welfare.

HughinBandon

So you think it a slight generalisation that 479,000 people on the Live register and on FAS course maybe dont have a car, sky,broadband and annual holidays.

A lot of these people would have savings built up in the good days and are more than entitled to these if they can pay for them.

You may have noticed also that people are renegotiating loan repayments, cancelling private healthcare, looking for assistance from SVP, taking no holidays, only buying the bare necessities. Others are in arrears with their mortgage and seeking mortgage assistance from social welfare.
You have figures regarding car ownership, Sky subscriptions and holiday arrangements of the unemployed??? No, neither have I. So just accept that our opinions differ. Theres nothing worse than people trying to pass off opinion as fact.

Of cousre people are trimming their out goings. A lot of them have lost their jobs and have no choice. You still can't blame the government for people taking on more debt than they could afford to pay back.

EUrJokingMeRight

Echoes of 'we have to live within our means'. Ahem:rolleyes:

True Republican

Plenty of Irish people pigged out and got too greedy for their own good over the last 10-15 years. People who put aside money for a rainy day are more likely to survive this rcession than the eejits who got too greedy for their own good.

Cassandra Syndrome

And how were the debt levels back then? The net worth of individuals? How would you rate present date ISEW compare to now?

Anorakphobia

Did you notice the volcanic ash was not included ? Have spotted you as FF along with two others, Tonic and Sailor. Plus three others but forget their names. This message board and other Irish political sites on the internet are at least 95% against FF. Its time we fought back in an organised manner so I would like to suggest interested FF people could use Paltalk Scene to have an ad hoch meeting to organise a joint effort. As a newcomer here I cannot start threads or use pm facility so am using this thread to contact you.

When I say meeting on Paltalk I mean a 30 to 60 minute session now and then when realtime text and voice can be used. Would actually like to get a few people who regulary attack FF in Paltalk for no holds barred sessions.

Interested in the notion ?
If one assumes you have to be
a. a FF supporter and
b. able to operate a keyboard and
c. semi literate enough to piece a few words together

then I am surprised it is as high as 5%.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies