Last sting of a dying wasp, did Cameron f**k Borris?

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

First up, let me say I have zero interest in changing the result, I'm just posting this for the sake of an interesting point.

Found an extremely interesting comment on the Guardian:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

Brexit: UK's most senior EU official resigns after leave vote
All I can say is....hahaha heehe agghhahhahaha fúckin PSML :lol::lol::lol:

And they think they can defer this to October, with the EU pushing for immediacy and the SNP forging ahead with the referendum?

I believe the Brits coined the term "Omnishambles" in a politically satirical tv series, now they get to define it in detail.

Add to that, Cameron's got quite an impressive list of the number of things he's fúcked to date not to mention the 64.1 million people in the UK and a pig, but surely Boris is the cherry on the cake :)

gleeful

Fair point. But the EU will try its best to force Dave to invoke art 50 asap. They may corner him into it.

The EU wants the UK out.

che schifo

I reckon Boris and Dave are secret lovers. The only question in my mind is, who's the pilot and who's the navigator..

dresden8

Boris will be the PM who presides over the break up of the UK. "Call me Dave"'s last gift to him.

Dearghoul

I reckon Boris and Dave are secret lovers. The only question in my mind is, who's the pilot and who's the navigator..
I think the leadership thing would have put strains on even the most physical and non empathic of relationships by now, and the recriminations would have surfaced in whichever prole pap glossy you enjoy.

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Fair point. But the EU will try its best to force Dave to invoke art 50 asap. They may corner him into it.

The EU wants the UK out.
The EU wants to avoid a crisis, it's not so much they want them out, more a case that they do not want to give them any concessions, but at the same time they'd rather retain the status quo. All the EU is doing is saying sh1t or get off the pot, but at the same time Hollande and Merkel are making soothing sounds. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Barroso

The EU wants the UK out.
I'm not so sure about that.
I think that they want to emasculate it and control it.
They've done that to Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and various other places.
It's what they want to do to the UK too.

They'll encourage a Scottish referendum, drag out negotiations as long as they can, and leave little England broken on the dungheap. Game set and match to Germany and France.

I'd like to say it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, but of course it will be the weak in English society who suffer, just as has happened here. The old Etonians will fit very nicely into the nEU empire, once they've learned French and kowtowed to Berlin.

Dearghoul

I'm not so sure about that.
I think that they want to emasculate it and control it.
They've done that to Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and various other places.
It's what they want to do to the UK too.

They'll encourage a Scottish referendum, drag out negotiations as long as they can, and leave little England broken on the dungheap. Game set and match to Germany and France.

I'd like to say it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, but of course it will be the weak in English society who suffer, just as has happened here. The old Etonians will fit very nicely into the nEU empire, once they've learned French and kowtowed to Berlin.
I don't know, but I'd imagine, that French is a requirement at Eton.

If there's anything at all enjoyable to take from Brexit it's Amadan after Amadan coming on here, realising that Britain is not what what they they thought it was and trying to fit their new lack of understanding into their already limited framework.

Seanie Lemass

Given that Cameron has resigned and Corbyn is now under pressure will The Beard resign as leader of SF having also backed the losing side in the referendum?

It was bad week for the Europhile parties.

storybud1

Article 50 has a 2 year limit (not that it has to take 2 years) , they can pull out the day after it is invoked.

some see disaster, some see opportunity, Churchill was perfect as a defender and leader during war times (of course they fooked him out after the war, the Bastards) but the right guy/gal for the job at the right time can be amazing.

The UK will look at the reality, come up with a plan , tell nobody, spread it's best and brightest to the four corners and use it's imagination. Nothing would surprise me anymore, Germany could implode given it's exposure to the Euro and domination tactics in Europe, the South of Europe could become a giant immigration post and repatriation service, nothing I see is telling me that millions of poor people are not thinking of coming to Europe over the next decade.

I predict a huge fortress Europe (they will call it something else) over the next few years and Germany will start to look East, not West,, to get the numbers for the master race,,, (only kidding)

GDPR

I don't know, but I'd imagine, that French is a requirement at Eton.

If there's anything at all enjoyable to take from Brexit it's Amadan after Amadan coming on here, realising that Britain is not what what they they thought it was and trying to fit their new lack of understanding into their already limited framework.
+100

firefly123

Article 50 has a 2 year limit (not that it has to take 2 years) , they can pull out the day after it is invoked.

some see disaster, some see opportunity, Churchill was perfect as a defender and leader during war times (of course they fooked him out after the war, the Bastards) but the right guy/gal for the job at the right time can be amazing.

The UK will look at the reality, come up with a plan , tell nobody, spread it's best and brightest to the four corners and use it's imagination. Nothing would surprise me anymore, Germany could implode given it's exposure to the Euro and domination tactics in Europe, the South of Europe could become a giant immigration post and repatriation service, nothing I see is telling me that millions of poor people are not thinking of coming to Europe over the next decade.

I predict a huge fortress Europe (they will call it something else) over the next few years and Germany will start to look East, not West,, to get the numbers for the master race,,, (only kidding)
Thank God we're surrounded by water and can grow enough grub to feed 50 million.

devoutcapitalist

Given that Cameron has resigned and Corbyn is now under pressure will The Beard resign as leader of SF having also backed the losing side in the referendum?

Ah come on Dear Leader just has to stick It out for another 4 years and he'll have outdone Ian Paisley in terms of longevity when It comes to leading a political party.

johnnypockets

The UK really do have themselves in a pickle. I just don't see anyone ready to pull the trigger. The young and the powerful rule the UK they want to stay. What the old and the poor want is of little consequence.

Barna

Will The Dame resign?
Considering he involved himself in the democratic process of a foreign state and the side he was pushing lost.
The majority in Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU so will Arlene have to resign too?

devoutcapitalist

The UK really do have themselves in a pickle. I just don't see anyone ready to pull the trigger. The young and the powerful rule the UK they want to stay. What the old and the poor want is of little consequence.
Expect massive gains for UKIP if Labour and a slight majority of the Tory party decide to ignore this Referendum result and keep Britain in the EU.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies