Last Year's savage Winter causes surge in Births

Cassandra Syndrome

The amount of births in Ireland at the moment is at an all time high, as couples found time and possibly a means of keeping warm to a, you know...

MATERNITY wards are stretched to breaking point as rising numbers of women are delivering babies conceived during the snowy months.

Snow babies -- the newborns conceived during last winter's bleak weather -- are now creating massive overcrowding in labour wards around the country.

Cases of women giving birth in hospital bathrooms, on trolleys and in cramped conditions are "endemic" across the country, according to groups lobbying for better facilities for new mums.

Jene Kelly, founder of the Association for the Improvements in the Maternity Services, said there were serious issues of overcrowding in hospitals across the country.

"There are now record levels of births as we are going through a baby boom," she said.
Last year's cold snap is giving us a snow babies boom - Parents, Lifestyle - Herald.ie

No doubt the greenparty are currently devising a means of taxing this latest outrage of people acting irresponsibly and being individually selfish.

Scipio

Interesting to see that Ireland's recent high birth rate is continuing to rise, even with the impact of the 2-3 year old recession being felt more and more.

sparkey321

Births around now would have been conceived in February... Not that cold in February 2010 was it ?

In saying that my wife is due our second in 2 weeks....

With my luck I will get laid off in January......

Cato

Births around now would have been conceived in February... Not that cold in February 2010 was it ?

In saying that my wife is due our second in 2 weeks....

With my luck I will get laid off in January......

You're a glass is half-empty kind of guy....

firefly123

Well that's the pension crisis sorted for another generation :)

Super8

I've heard low pressure weather systems can bring on labour in women who are overdue or near due. Something to do with air pressure?

myksav

Last winter had little enough to do with any surge in births. It's more due to recession. Just about every recession results in a baby-boom.

True Republican

Normally after Christmas people have very little money to spend so in January they keep warm by been intimate.

hammer

How many were to single women.

Has there been an increase in men having the "snip" over the last 2/3 years. Who does that analysis !!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies