• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Late Debate 26-10-10 O'Cuiv & Creighton. Be depressed.

Baron von Biffo

Eamon O'Cuiv is on the Late Debate now and his performance is so utterly dreadful that I detected one of the panellists laughing at him as he tried to waffle his way out of taking responsibility for anything.

In the other corner is Lucinda Creighton who tied herself up in knots on where FG would get more tax.

With dolts like these running the show it's time to be depressed about the future.

sport02

Eammon certainly ain't too bright.
Talk about all the depressive talk regarding the economy, he would make us want to just put our hands up and give up.
Give me the IMF over him anyday.

dresden8

O'Cuiv seems to be signalling that carers will be targeted in the budget for a "small adjustment."
Probably the half-rate carer's to go so.

Does this mean the half rate unemployment for widows and lone parents will go?

The cough backed down on that one before.

Mop

It's not for the resemblance, it’s for the similarity of aptitude......... :roll:

Rocket Man

If FF keep wheeling out O'Cuiv to represent them then they will soon be in single figures in terms of support.
This combined with the eternally smug Dick Roche appearing on PT really is'nt helping.

If they are to get anywhere they need to rely more on Hanafin, Martin and D Ahern.
These are about the only competent media performers they have.
However I suspect these three have a longer term view and probably want to put a bit a distance between themselves and the upcoming budget.

Tomas Mor

God help us if we are ruled by likes of O Cuiv, DevilEire grandson, and Lucy herself, admirer of Sarah Palin.

Baron von Biffo

God help us if we are ruled by likes of O Cuiv, DevilEire grandson, and Lucy herself, admirer of Sarah Palin.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man the old saying goes but our hour is nearly up and the man, or woman, has yet to put in an appearance. When we need good leadership we're cursed with the worst generation of politicians.

Squib

O Cuiv reminds me a little of Karl Dönitz, the uber loyal lap dog of Hitler who was bequeathed the leadership of the Third Reich just as it collapsed and surrendered to the Allies.

Hewson

Cometh the hour, cometh the man the old saying goes but our hour is nearly up and the man, or woman, has yet to put in an appearance. When we need good leadership we're cursed with the worst generation of politicians.
While I want to see Fianna Fail, and everything they represent, trashed in the dustbin of history, I'm looking, almost despairingly, at what's on offer on the other side. Kenny is like a fifth form schoolboy at a debating competition, and coming in last. Gilmore is afraid to spell out the harsh realities we'd have to deal with if he got the top job, and he needs to show that he's not afraid to offend the unions and the PS.

Sinn Fein sometimes sound credible but then I remember that they're Sinn Fein.

It's important that Fianna Fail continues to send out people like O'Cuiv to handle media interviews. People need to be continually reminded that the country is being run by fools.

The options are limited, the stakes have never been higher and the population so disconsolate. An election will blow some of the stench of decomposing political corpses out of the room, but the undertakers may have bad BO.

FreshStart

It's important that Fianna Fail continues to send out people like O'Cuiv to handle media interviews. People need to be continually reminded that the country is being run by fools.
Couldn't agree with you more. O'Ciuv is certainly the bottom of the barrel and what a dirty little barrel that is.petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies