Late Late boring guests

Damien45

RTE scraping the bottom of the barrel already this season for the late late and running down to the montrose canteen to get guests...
Hector and that more annoying talentless cow Lynch
Think I'll head out to work now and see if I can break the €50 for the nigh

idle tim

RTE scraping the bottom of the barrel already this season for the late late and running down to the montrose canteen to get guests...
Best of luck mate,but you might need a Late Late Late Late Night for that.

roc_

When do RTE not scrape the bottom of the barrel? They have become the foremost destroyers of intelligence and life force. When the revolution comes, the first thing that will happen will be the disappearance from the air waves of their commercial, elite fawning, dumbing down, agenda usurping, middle-aged lack of imagination. Good riddance.

justme1

They have been at the promotion of RTE staff for years.....
As you mention Hector there (Or as he says ''Hector here''),myself and my wife were having lunch on a Saturday afternoon recently in a bar/cafe (whatever you want to call it) in Dublin,anyway i'd say there was maybe 30-40 people there having lunch or a pint,in walks Hector and to the amusement of the entire place as nobody had noticed him come in and says loudly to everyone 'Just to say i want to have my lunch in peace with my family so please don't hassle me for autographs etc..''
Needless to say the place erupted with laughter!! And then 4 lads at the bar started the 'Who are ya'' chant.He left soon after that!!Him being a big celeb in all.....

redtoothclaw

They have been at the promotion of RTE staff for years.....
As you mention Hector there (Or as he says ''Hector here''),myself and my wife were having lunch on a Saturday afternoon recently in a bar/cafe (whatever you want to call it) in Dublin,anyway i'd say there was maybe 30-40 people there having lunch or a pint,in walks Hector and to the amusement of the entire place as nobody had noticed him come in and says loudly to everyone 'Just to say i want to have my lunch in peace with my family so please don't hassle me for autographs etc..''
Needless to say the place erupted with laughter!! And then 4 lads at the bar started the 'Who are ya'' chant.He left soon after that!!Him being a big celeb in all.....
Nice one.:lol:

Fantasia

,in walks Hector and to the amusement of the entire place as nobody had noticed him come in and says loudly to everyone 'Just to say i want to have my lunch in peace with my family so please don't hassle me for autographs etc..''
Needless to say the place erupted with laughter!!
haha! Good one (though I really like Hector's persona)

culmore

they might be better than failed FF Ministers every night ,dont judge till after the show

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
I wonder what FF mouth piece is on tonight? There seems to be a pattern going on. One guest from a UK soap, one RTE "Star" and an FF sympathizer each show.

mcdonald douglas

Don't watch the show.Don't encourage the advertisers to spend money on that talentless fainna fail appointee,tubridy.

rgaok

Gay Byrne was patronising and conservative and not an intellectual but at least he had interesting guests,was v professional and suited the era. But Ryan Tubridy and his guests are so boring that I never, ever watch the LLS now.

asknoquestions

Tubridy mentioned a political announcement would be made though he said it would be no big surprise. Maybe someone running for president?

asknoquestions

Don't watch the show.Don't encourage the advertisers to spend money on that talentless fainna fail appointee,tubridy.
Tubridy is not talentless. He may have a good face for radio but he works hard at the tv show. It's not his natural forté admittedly but it's a tough gig. I reckon he prefers radio anyway.

Tomas Mor

Is it not time for another FFer combackee, maybe the Bull O Donoghue this time, "I should not have lost my good job, I did nutting wrong" ?

flavirostris

Is it not time for another FFer combackee, maybe the Bull O Donoghue this time, "I should not have lost my good job, I did nutting wrong" ?
After the Willie O'Dea love-in, nothing would surprise. The bull would make for great TV, audience packed with rabid FF'ers from Kerry like Paidi O'Se to big up their man and stick it to the meeja.

ne0ica

Turbidy seems to fallen back into Kenny comfort zone. There are regular Late, Late guest, Fr Brian Darcy, Brendan O'Carroll, Brendan Grace etc etc, usually to promote their lated work or book. Then there is the English B or C list celeb who doing their book signing in Easons the following Saturday. I wonder does Rté even bother to try and get decent guest.

Tomas Mor

After the Willie O'Dea love-in, nothing would surprise. The bull would make for great TV, audience packed with rabid FF'ers from Kerry like Paidi O'Se to big up their man and stick it to the meeja.

Of course the Hog O'Shea did well out of the Bull and FF, I think he was appointed to tourist body

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
RTE are a bunch of overpaid, self-serving, deluded civil servants who think they have some role to play in the running of the state as the communications wing of the executive, propagandist of the ruling class, and educator of the masses. They are without doubt the worst element of this entire country's establishment, a scourge on all of us, responsible for the incessant perpetuation of whatever misdirected folly emanates from their master, and as culpable for the current malaise as anyone. I hope they are sold off, shredded, and replaced with...well, will they be missed? Ireland will be a stronger, more upstanding, braver and more mature country when RTE is finally destroyed.

New Threads

Most Replies