• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Latest figures show Canada deported 57 Irish citizens in 2012- incl failed Asylum seekers!

Catalpast

The number is more than double the total number of Irish citizens the Border Services Agency (CBSA) said it removed from Canada the previous year.

In 2011 the agency said it deported 26 Irish nationals, three of whom were failed asylum seekers.

And it added that four of the 57 Irish nationals removed in 2012 “were failed refugee claimants”.

While the agency did not identify any of the deportees, including failed asylum seekers, a spokesperson said: “Canada has an internationally recognised fair system for providing refuge for those fleeing persecution in their home country.

Metro Eireann

Anyone know whats going on here?

Morgellons

Could be some "New Irish", who, realising that there's richer pickings in Canada, head over there with their shiny new Irish passports.

Munnkeyman

The number is more than double the total number of Irish citizens the Border Services Agency (CBSA) said it removed from Canada the previous year.

In 2011 the agency said it deported 26 Irish nationals, three of whom were failed asylum seekers.

And it added that four of the 57 Irish nationals removed in 2012 “were failed refugee claimants”.

While the agency did not identify any of the deportees, including failed asylum seekers, a spokesperson said: “Canada has an internationally recognised fair system for providing refuge for those fleeing persecution in their home country.

Metro Eireann

Anyone know whats going on here?

It seems that the Canadians are deporting Irish People, Catalpa.

Morgellons

Isn't part of the citizenship deal that you have to stay in the country after getting citizenship? Now, I could be wrong there, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere. So what do these 57 say when they're sent back here? Does it affect there status here?

SirTallaghtban

Isn't part of the citizenship deal that you have to stay in the country after getting citizenship? Now, I could be wrong there, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere. So what do these 57 say when they're sent back here? Does it affect there status here?
One had his citizenship rescinded.

Munnkeyman

As is their right

But where is Rosanna, Ivana, Denise and the other shreeking shills at this outrageous Racism!:p
They just don't care as much as you do about racism. You seem to be able to devote an inordinate amount of time to it.

New Irish.

Originally from Nigeria.

What sort of people is Shatter lashing out citizenship to at his little soirees?
Based on your 'evidence'. Well done.

sadmal

Where is the evidence they were the New Irish? i bet the were ordinary irish citizens pretending their live are in danger if they return home. I remember in the early days when asylum seekers started coming to Ireland we and people from Poland claiming asylum.

Morgellons

Where is the evidence they were the New Irish? i bet the were ordinary irish citizens pretending their live are in danger if they return home. I remember in the early days when asylum seekers started coming to Ireland we and people from Poland claiming asylum.
See directly above.

SirTallaghtban

Read the article. It was new citizens involved.

We fell for their lies and awarded them citizenship.

The Canadians didn't and deported them back to us. Unfortunately.

Munnkeyman

Based on the article. Read it. The only reason metro eireann ran with it was because "new Irish" were involved.
Read it again. Note - 'some'. No definite numbers, no nationalities, nothing.

But yet, you could say the following -

New Irish.

Originally from Nigeria.

What sort of people is Shatter lashing out citizenship to at his little soirees?
If you can't read and interpret information you should go back to school.

eoghanacht

The bastards, if it wasn't for us they'd all be speaking French

Kev408

The racists must have had their meeting tonight. Pity there are so few left. Even sadder is the way they don't have the cop on to realise that posting in packs highlights one of the two main attributes of the racist - fear/cowardice. The other attribute is, of course, ignorance.

Morgellons

The racists must have had their meeting tonight. Pity there are so few left. Even sadder is the way they don't have the cop on to realise that posting in packs highlights one of the two main attributes of the racist - fear/cowardice. The other attribute is, of course, ignorance.
Stupid post. There's about 600 peolpe on this site right now. Nobody had a meeting. A new thread appeared and people, including yourself, checked it out.