LC results out today, get 30%? here are some points for turning up....

Tommy12345

It's depressing that half of the posts on any thread about the leaving or 3rd level sound like something out of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch.
And most defences of the joke that the LC has become sound like something out of Pollyanna.

toughbutfair

An astonishing article. She's basically saying the same thing that Damore said at Google, but because she frames it as a feminist whinge no one bats an eyelid.
Incredibly bad article. Girls are bad at numbers so screw technology and push the arts more. She'd be quick to whinge when the economy can't pay for her pension.

devoutcapitalist

We have far too many people going to college and the LC is still far too obsessed with the academic side of things.

toughbutfair

We have far too many people going to college and the LC is still far too obsessed with the academic side of things.
I agree. We need the science /technology courses, medicine, business, a few lawyers and not much else. Scrap all arts, history,English , sports science, philosophy, politics, literature courses. The courses scrapped could be taught as night classes for hobbies.

silverharp

can you actually do a degree in golf club management? you hear some silly course names these days

Ellen Ripley

can you actually do a degree in golf club management? you hear some silly course names these days
You do, but none of them are Level 8.
There's also a Bar Management course (Athlone IT)

Ellen Ripley

I agree. We need the science /technology courses, medicine, business, a few lawyers and not much else. Scrap all arts, history,English , sports science, philosophy, politics, literature courses. The courses scrapped could be taught as night classes for hobbies.

Then who will be qualified to teach History, Geography and Languages?

The Humanities are needed too, have you no soul? :D

devoutcapitalist

jmcc

Which of these did you study?

Orbit v2

Indo today - "Points race slows after major changes to grades"

... might be overstating it a bit. What they've done I think is clever enough and reduces the number of places allocated by lottery, but it can't be fundamentally slowing the points race.

At least I'm not seeing how, as that is a demand and supply thing. The number of places and the number of students competing for them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies