Leaders Debate 24-11-10

Outlander

Kenny asking Cowen how much of the bail out is going to the banks. Cowen unwilling or unable to answer due to market sensitivity.
He still hasn't got the message that the "market" is most sensitive to bullshyte obfuscation and prevarication...

SKELLY

The markets have already decided irelands fate and moved on.

Nothing this buffoon says makes any difference now.

EUrJokingMeRight

Well the Fianna Fail thought that Brian Cowen was the best man for the job.

That in itself should be enough to move Fianna Fail onto an extinction footing.

But alas, there is more. Just look at that insufferable gobsh1te.

If you ever supported this party, you have the blood of this nation on your hands.

Cowen you will be gone by Monday.

Good Riddance.

And please stop babbling out 'answers' that don't 'Answer' anything, in particular the question being asked.

Lord Wellington

Cowen accusing Labour of trying to kick the can down the road.

"That's a bum steer. That is precisely a bum steer".

Look in the mirror Cowen.

You're a bum.

Kicks the bums out.

Dreaded_Estate

3% of €450bn is still €15bn

And Honohan also said we shouldn't have guaranteed existing debt which would have been another 30% of the total.

Astral Peaks

The markets have already decided irelands fate and moved on.

Nothing this buffoon says makes any difference now.
Situation is now so serious that our Dail has become part of the problem!
Not just FF, but the whole shambolic lot of them.

FG/Lab should lead a public disavowal of the Govt and immediate demand for cross party and business leader involvment in any policy decisions being considered.

I know that this sounds like a rejection of due process and an abrogation of democracy but I contend that this is happening anyway.

It appears that we have only a few days, Govt sources seem to be suggesting that a deal will be completed by Monday.

The Sovereign needs to be seperated fron the Banks and a controlled default of the bank debt negotiated.
We simply cannot afford the Bank bailout/loan at the rates proposed.

We have a reasonably good economy, with good prospects, are we going to allow Ireland to become an economic wasteland to satisfy the vanity of FF and to spare the blushes of Merkel and the ECB, both of whom have seriously screwed up.?

derailed

My God, Cowen looks absolutely dreadful.
Whats new................Time is ticking, The pin is out of the grenade, Call on a team of negotiators, Those people who have been supplying us with the figures.
" Stay calm " ideal in theory but not a trait the Irish have in abundance.

Alexis Colby

Cowen looks worse than Lenihan

Even the Dail looks like death
seems to have lost its sparkle/mojo

Tough Paddy

Live coverage continues from 2pm. I think it's the details of the four year plan.

BertsBeard

Can someone please tell me what the tactic of the FG/Lab parties is at this point? Are they going to do something to stop this crazy stitch up of the Irish people? I have a horrible feeling they are actually going to help FF get all this through and then spend the next four years moaning that there's nothing they can do because of the legacy they were left with.
They have a responsibility to do something now. Why are they doing nothing?

slingshot

Wrong, bad and mad

The Taoiseach said negotiations were continuing on a facility and he said the €85bn figure was being discussed. He said the final figure had not been decided, but would not be a 'three figure' sum.

I thinks I have found out the root cause to the government's problem

85 Billion is not a three figure sum its an an 11 figure sum!!!

Euro 85,000,000,000..........................do they understand how much this , its 3 times our total annual country revenue!!

Its like someone who is bankrupt and earning 50 k getting a loan for 150 k to consolidate all the debts, whilst still expecting to have to pay off a mortgate , feed a family, pay for the car etc, heat the house , run the car etc., its just plain lunacy and immoral.

Please just go now FF You are casting the country and the children of this country to poverty, show some respect for the people of this state

L

longshortgrass

It is to be assumed that Gilmore as Taoiseach would have answered in full the questions he asked of Cowen.

Gilmore still maintained that his and Joan's solution would have resulted in all being rosy in the banks by now.

It also seems that he has no concept whatsoever of sensitive negotiations.

Many of the foolish folk who put the country's future in the hands of that worm Ahern in 2007 are now buying the Gilmore snake oil.

Is Gilmore foolishly naive or plain dishonest?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies