Leading pro-Brexit group compares Macron victory to France's WW2 surrender.

Wascurito

I suppose it's hardly a surprise. The Brexiteers have been intensely bitter and vengeful even after they won the referendum last year in the UK. So why would they not be intensely bitter and vengeful about the defeat of an anti-EU candidate in France?

And true to form, Leave.eu, the leading pro-Brexit organization in the UK has lashed out at the French people for having elected the pro-EU candidate, Emmanuel Macron. In a bizarre piece of ahistorical analysis, xenophobia and downright stupidity, they have compared the French presidential election result to France's surrender to the Nazis in 1940.

Pro-Brexit group compares Macron’s election win to France’s surrender in World War II – POLITICO

blokesbloke

I agree a very silly and wrong post which I condemn.

It is up to France who they elect and none of their business, especially as their complaint about the EU is interference in domestic affairs.

I shall be contacting them myself to point this out.

Aristodemus

A lot of brextremists were pinning their hopes on a LePen upset. The fact that she failed is reflected in views like that.

Wascurito

It is up to France who they elect and none of their business, especially as their complaint about the EU is interference in domestic affairs.

It was a little too......Junckeresque.

Spanner Island

It's not regarded as a good result for Brexit...

Brexiteers would drink with the Devil if they needed in order to fulfil their wet dreams... it was clear that large sections of the UK media were thinking while a Le Pen victory would have been dodgy... wrt Brexit it probably would have been preferable...

No surprise really...

A certain section of UK society along with their media cheerleaders will always reside in the gutter...

I hope Nigel has called Marine to express his sympathy...

Jim Car

I suppose it's hardly a surprise. The Brexiteers have been intensely bitter and vengeful even after they won the referendum last year in the UK. So why would they not be intensely bitter and vengeful about the defeat of an anti-EU candidate in France?
I don't think they can be the only ones who can be said bitter and vengeful, the remainers have set a pretty low standard in that area.

Wascurito

Bibi, you should offer to be their media manager because you're the nice face of Brexit.

If all the Brexiteers were like you, it would all be sorted out in a massive party of tears, hugs, farewell cards and "I can't believe you're going" outbursts.

Trainwreck

Except one is a fringe political party with no political representation, nor power of any sort. "OMG, this unelected fringe political party said what!?!?!?!?!"

The other is President of the European Commission of massive political and legislative influence and power.

ETA: Actually, are they even a political party or just another noisy interest group? Even worse...

Spanner Island

Never under estimate the ability of certain parts of UK 'society/establishment' to sink as low into the gutter as anyone else...

They like portray themselves as stand up guys and gals... but they're perfectly capable of sinking as low as their most craven enemies...

Levellers

The Brexiteers and Le Pen are the only groups hoping for another Islamofascist terror attack in order to bolster their poisonous views.

GDPR

This is far, far, far worse than that.

The full horror of what happened yesterday hasn't fully sunk in with me.

When it does I suspect that I shan't be taking any interest in politics anymore and instead channel my energy into prepping both for here and Eternity.

mr. jings

This is far, far, far worse than that.

The full horror of what happened yesterday hasn't fully sunk in with me.

When it does I suspect that I shan't be taking any interest in politics anymore and instead channel my energy into prepping both for here and Eternity.
Do tell.

Actually, don't.

Deadlock

BB - can you let us know what, if any , reply is made to you concerning this?

RasherHash

A lot of brextremists were pinning their hopes on a LePen upset. The fact that she failed is reflected in views like that.
It's still 2-1 to the anti-establishment.

President Macron will no doubt play a full part in driving Europe into the ground in the interests of the elite who can never get enough of the goodies while to working people pay for their party.

Analyzer

I presume this was in jest.

It is kind of provocotive if you are pretending that Merkel is not excessively influential on politics in countries to whom Merkel wad never put on thr ballot paper.

TheMushyStuff

Brexiteers thought everyone would commit suicide like they did.
It didn't happen.

darkhorse

And true to form, Leave.eu, the leading pro-Brexit organization in the UK has lashed out at the French people for having elected the pro-EU candidate, Emmanuel Macron. In a bizarre piece of ahistorical analysis, xenophobia and downright stupidity, they have compared the French presidential election result to France's surrender to the Nazis in 1940.

Pro-Brexit group compares Macron’s election win to France’s surrender in World War II – POLITICO
The reality is that its the other way around ...

New Threads

Most Replies