• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Leddin and OSullivan selected on lab ticket

ymmek

Joe Leddin and Jan OSullivan were selelcted tonight to contest the general election on behalf of the labour party.

TonyBird

No surprises there then . I may give joe a preference , if he gets his act together and stops flip flopping so much .

williewatch

Joe Leddin and Jan OSullivan were selelcted tonight to contest the general election on behalf of the labour party.
No surprise then.

Other than FG, have all the other party selections been completed?

ymmek

No surprise then.

Dont really know,FG were set to hold their convention this thursday night but i just received word its postponed for a week.I suppose Kiely needs more time to write his acceptance speech lol.Willie,i suppose is so busy canvassing that FF have some difficulty trying to pick a date.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
No surprise then.

FF haven't had any announcement as yet about selection. It should be straightforward but someone might want to nails their colours in advance of the election the time after.

williewatch

FF haven't had any announcement as yet about selection. It should be straightforward but someone might want to nails their colours in advance of the election the time after.
What, raise their head above the parapet and become a target for what another poster called the "pocket sized Stalin" Willie O'Dea :eek:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the FG convention when Kiely makes his bid. LOL

williewatch

Limerick Labour will fight a clean campaign."

Just saw this in the Limerick leader

Jan O'Sullivan....

"She conceded, however, it "wouldn't be very credible to say" that Willie O'Dea might lose a seat.

"Having said that, we are still looking to take votes from him. We targeting basically the Government seats," she said but stressed Labour would fight a clean campaign."

Fair play Jan, but I would recommend though that all journalists keep a tape recorder handy when interviewing a certain other non Labour candidate :eek:

SeanCormac

FG in Tipperary South are holding their convention on Sunday next in Cahir. I'm told they are going to select 2 candidates. 5 on the ballot paper as of today. Should be interesting!

williewatch

Dont really know,FG were set to hold their convention this thursday night but i just received word its postponed for a week.I suppose Kiely needs more time to write his acceptance speech lol.
Do you think that the FG convention is delayed to give them time to talk Kiely down?

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I think having Kiely run as an indo would be great crack and could well hurt Willie most of all. Not sure his votes would come back to FG though but it would kill any chance of a significant surplus that would elect Power.

JoeHickey

I think having Kiely run as an indo would be great crack and could well hurt Willie most of all. Not sure his votes would come back to FG though but it would kill any chance of a significant surplus that would elect Power.
Kiely runnig would be great craic, probably the funniest thing since Pa McCarthy ran as a pro-horses in housing estates in 2009 locals -result 57 votes.
Kiely will be decimated, who will fund his campaign??

Red_93

Leddin could well find himself as an MEP even if he isn't elected in Limerick. He's third in line for Alan Kelly's co-option, but the two ahead of him - Arthur Spring and Phil Prendergast also have shots at Dáil seats.

JoeHickey

Leddin could well find himself as an MEP even if he isn't elected in Limerick. He's third in line for Alan Kelly's co-option, but the two ahead of him - Arthur Spring and Phil Prendergast also have shots at Dáil seats.
Phil Prendergast has no hope of beating Seamie Healy, so i think Joe unless he takes a seat in GE will be on Limerick City Council for a while.

Red_93

Phil Prendergast has no hope of beating Seamie Healy, so i think Joe unless he takes a seat in GE will be on Limerick City Council for a while.
You never know, the way the polls are it'd be foolish to rule her out completely.

JoeHickey

You never know, the way the polls are it'd be foolish to rule her out completely.
You see I believe that with Lab flying in the polls when people in some areas lote to vote (Lab) they will vote for the strongest candidate and in south tipp thats Seamie Healy.

williewatch

+ 1

It would be great gas.

We would be guaranteed pure comedy gold.

Any sign of his pub reopening?

It could sure do with a coat of paint at this stage.