• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Legacy of Jewish extremists. Mass graves of Arab civilians uncovered in Palestine.

slippy wicket

Was this not the war where all the surrounding Arab states tried to wipe the new state of Israel off the map.
Forgive me if I don't shed a tear.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Was this not the war where all the surrounding Arab states tried to wipe the new state of Israel off the map.
Were the people in the graves,in particular, trying to wipe the new state of Israel off the map?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org

Dead civilians from their own country. Wonder how they died? Were they just adult men?

slippy wicket

Were the people in the graves,in particular, trying to wipe the new state of Israel off the map?
I don't know, and I'm sure you don't either.
All I know about the period comes from the movie 'exodus ' , but that while a good movie was hardly an even handed display of both sides.

slippy wicket

Dead civilians from their own country. Wonder how they died? Were they just adult men?
It says in the mail article that people were being killed through grenades and other means. And that they were collected up over months of fighting and dumped in a mass grave due the ongoing fighting. It's not alleged that there was a massacre anyways.

Dublin 4

We must hope that our Minister for Justice supports the Human Rights of those Bereaved Family's as fervently as he supported Pamela Izevbekhai's.

james5001

I don't know, and I'm sure you don't either.
All I know about the period comes from the movie 'exodus ' , but that while a good movie was hardly an even handed display of both sides.
In all likelihood they weren't.

Levellers

I'm sure massacres like this were carried out by the likes of Menachem Begin who traded Jews to the Nazis for his own life.

slippy wicket

In all likelihood they weren't.
Reading the article, I'd say that is fair comment.
Seems to have been civilians killed in the crossfire.
Even though its the mail :( it's prob a good idea to read the article first.

Shqiptar

600 bodies? Somewhere in Baghdad in unmarked graves are buried the bodies of 600 unaccounted for Jews slaughtered (amongst many others) during the Farhud Pogrom of June 1st & 2nd 1941. Indeed, at this very hour, 62 years ago it was "on the wind down".

The Iraqi Jews were subsequently forced to leave, a 2,600 year old community evicted from their own country with little more than the clothes on their back - as were Jews from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen.... Those were bad times.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
It says in the mail article that people were being killed through grenades and other means. And that they were collected up over months of fighting and dumped in a mass grave due the ongoing fighting. It's not alleged that there was a massacre anyways.
Civilians die in wars of course. The families of these people could be contacted though if DNA testing is still possible.

Eric Cartman

Nope.

It's comments like those that cause me to reassess my sympathy for victims of the Holocaust.

There is still a considerable Arab-speaking minority in the State of Israel that can trace their genetic heritage back thousands of years before the Yiddish speaking Eastern Europeans came there to ethnically cleanse its indigenous population.

slippy wicket

Nope.

It's comments like those that cause me to reassess my sympathy for victims of the Holocaust.

There is still a considerable Arab-speaking minority in the State of Israel that can trace their genetic heritage back thousands of years before the Yiddish speaking Eastern Europeans came there to ethnically cleanse its indigenous population.
In fairness , I hadn't read the article at that time.
Read down the thread and you'll see how my emphasis has changed.

slippy wicket

Civilians die in wars of course. The families of these people could be contacted though if DNA testing is still possible.
That would be the right and proper thing to do.
DNA the bodies and let anyone who believes there to be a familial link to be tested also.

Boy M5

Is anyone suprised?
David Ben Gurion looked like a Koala Bear but had the morals of a starving grizzly bear.
Perhaps this is understandable givienthe Jews' sad history & the holocaust and the Brit's Palestinian mandate.

However, its still unsuprising to me having studied middle East history.

james5001

That would be the right and proper thing to do.
DNA the bodies and let anyone who believes there to be a familial link to be tested also.
Also, you should really get rid of that sig. It mentions misery and is written by Churchill. That's the lad that said ''I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes.''