Lenihan blames Merkel for bond rate rise

Clanrickard

Lenihan blames Merkel for bond rate rise | BreakingNews.ie

You couldn't make this up but Lenny has said it. It was Merkel's comments that sent the bond rate sky high. The one person we probably don't want to pee off now is Frau Merkel. I know Lenihan doesn't really believe this but why insult the intelligence of the Irish people and the bond market by coming out with this tripe. Mr. Lenihan go now and take Cowan with you.

http://blogs.wsj.com/source/2010/11/05/ireland-starts-bun-fight-with-germany-over-bond-yields/

here's the Wall Street Journal's take on it.

Mondo

....desperate acts by desperate deadman.
Does he think she won't hear it back?
....biting the hand ....The fool, the fool.

Suasdaguna

every friggin thread now has something relating to germany, be it merkel , panzars or concentration camps......jeez wept.

Squire Allworthy

Let me see, are we expected to believe that the rise has nothing to do with the belief that the Irish State may default.

Freedom front

Comical Lenny on TV again

What a great Information minister he would make in a time of war, mind you he's not much good at Maths, Figures or Finance

sport02

Mr Lenihan what about political uncertainity, the bond markets don't like that, if he is really concerned he would get his mate Cowen the clowen to call a general election, before the budget.

Tea Party Patriot

every friggin thread now has something relating to germany, be it merkel , panzars or concentration camps......jeez wept.
The idea being that when we declare war on Germany we will finally qualify for Marshall Aid.

cozzy121

Great, now he's biting the hand that feeds us.
Will someone put him out of his misery?

Odyessus

Lenihan blames Merkel for bond rate rise | BreakingNews.ie

You couldn't make this up but Lenny has said it. It was Merkel's comments that sent the bond rate sky high. The one person we probably don't want to pee off now is Frau Merkel. I know Lenihan doesn't really believe this but why insult the intelligence of the Irish people and the bond market by coming out with this tripe. Mr. Lenihan go now and take Cowan with you.

Ireland Starts Bun-Fight With Germany Over Bond Yields - The Source - WSJ

here's the Wall Street Journal's take on it.
Lenihan is absolutely right, and the Germans know it. Merkel knows she put her foot in her mouth.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA39320101111

Last edited:

controller

That man is a gob shyte!!!!!!!

Cassandra Syndrome

Does Lennie not know how painful Piano wire is?

LDF

Not many people know this but Angela Merkel's maiden name is Lehman.

Brian Lenihan is a particularly arrogant individual. I'm beginning to understand why Ahern kept him on the backbenches for so long. Remember his contribution to the Freefall programme where he recalled how he spoke to Christine Lagarde on the morning of the guarantee and told her (IN FRENCH) what was going to happen. I think John Drennan had it right when he said Lenihan would make a great Minister - for Foreign Affairs.

Most people have copped on to Lenihan now and nobody really trusts what he says.

Clanrickard

Lenihan is absolutely right, and the Germans know it. Merkel knows she put her foot her mouth.
*phew* I thought it was our incompetent gobdaws in Leinster House but luckily I was wrong and it was in fact Merkel's fault.

Soldier of Density

Nothing this finance minister says anymore surprises me. Blaming the German premier for pointing out what is known by the dogs in every street in Europe???

Please stop patronising your fellow citizens.

I look forward to you blaming our future woes on Santa Claus, the lone ranger or whatever other random charachter ricochets out of your gob like a lotto ball.

Similarly I await your pre-budget proposal that we approach 'ocean finance' and bundle our national debt into one handy monthly repayment.

Slip away quietly please, and don't forget to take your boss.

frequency

....desperate acts by desperate deadman.
Does he think she won't hear it back?
....biting the hand ....The fool, the fool.
An elaborate charade. The euro has been succesfully devalued down against the large pound and dollar while maintaining some strength against the small CHF market. Germany is bailing out Ireland anyway - we are Airstrip One for Eurasia in the giant currency war.

If the talk of euro schism sent the euro into a dive against the £ and $, merkel would be very pleased, as QE from the AngloSaxons are killing the driver of the Euro.

Ganyer

Thus far the reason for our woes according to the government :

Lehman Brothers
Commentators “talking the economy down”
The opposition for not voicing adequate concern during the boom years
Ebbs and Flows
Bond Vigilantes

and now,

Zeee Germans

what next, the f*cking bogeyman?

Astral Peaks

Lots of talk that the IMF might be accessed without recourse to the ECB/EFSF.

Partly as a reaction to recent comments from Berlin and also as a means of offsetting the core/periphery balance which is not seen to be in our favour.

Certainly, forcing a write down with the bondholders would be easier with the IMF at our backs!!

Any thoughts?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies