Lenihan/Cowen 'catastrophic decision'

needle_too

Wolfgang Münchau (of the FT) a highly respected commentator doesnt mince his words on the Fianna Fail party....

........on Tuesday, 30 September 2008, when Brian Cowen, the Irish prime minister, gave a blanket guarantee for the entire banking sector. His decision bounded the other eurozone leaders into following suit. The rest is history.

I would go as far as to classify the decision as one of the most catastrophic political decisions taken in post-war Europe.
http://*******.com/2fbl4yr

Well done, Fianna Fail, 1st again!!!!

Last edited:

eyelight

Well said Mr. Münchau.

The question is, was Cowen sober?

Asparagus

Wolfgang Münchau (of the FT) a highly respected commentator doesnt mince his words on the Fianna Fail party....

Redirecting...

Well done, Fianna Fail, 1st again!!!!
=2915&tx_ttnews[backPid]=901&cHash=5fc6365df5

Ireland and Greece, too, preferred to cripple their economies for generations to come in order to avoid the political blemish of a default, or even an agreed rescheduling of the sovereign debt. Both countries are fundamentally insolvent – if you assume, as I do, that there will be zero growth for five, or even ten years, with further steep declines in asset prices.

Tomas Mor

Its amazing that our media report it at all, or was it foreign media again.

DCon

Well said Mr. Münchau.

The question is, was Cowen sober?
And, if Cowen was not sober, what state was Lenihan in?

Before his illness, he was quite likely to have an odd pint, apparently.

the_rebubblican

Ironically it will take a newspaper columnist to drill some sense into the electorate. If Munchau's opinion can persuade some other commentators to voice the same they may give us what our national leadership cannot, a general election.

Maximus Cynicus

Ohh, dear me, the whores of Mount Street won't like working on a Friday - all together now -forget Jay Leno, the Telegraph and now Herr Munchau - bang on about Cowen's Newsweek rating again

Disillusioned democrat

There must be some mistake....the foreign commentators applaud the government's hard decisions, they applaud the Irish populations ability to absorb pain, they say we should have A FF-led national government forever...

Asparagus

link doesn't work?
copy and paste all of this

Code:
http://www.eurointelligence.com/index.php?id=581&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2915&tx_ttnews[backPid]=901&cHash=5fc6365df5
into your address bar.

Bill D Gallows

How many times do we need to hear it said to finally believe that FF has betrayed this country and should be charged with treason, never mind voted out of office.

The Regling Watson report confirmed that FF were culpable in the disaster now facing us.

It's not as if they've made a small mistake where Oops ! sorry lads will suffice.

As for their Green puppets 'share the pain/ share the solutions' crap they've offered to the other parties, there's another phrase that starts with F and ends with F.

These Bastards are so cynical even now that they want to pull a stunt like this to save their own skins, I'm incandescent with rage.

And then you look at what they've done to our Health Services in the Star this morning.....

Give me my F**KING General Election NOW you cowardly Bastards !!!

HarshBuzz

And, if Cowen was not sober, what state was Lenihan in?

Before his illness, he was quite likely to have an odd pint, apparently.
only the odd pint of wine though ;) (being the French-speaking sophisticate that he is)

the staff at Ely were always happy to see him

Mister men

We are the laughing stock of Europe

karldaly

Death by a thousand cuts

"And The Truth Shall Set Us Free"

Can the bankers hour of reckoning be far off?

"Things can only get better" as they head for the fires of hell for what they have done to Ireland.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj-6fr2SlI]YouTube - D:ream "Things can only get better"[/ame]

Most Replies