• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Lenihan is about to spend €3bn for shares worth less than €600m.

He3

McWilliams says that Brian Lenihan intends to buy 70 percent of AIB for €3 billion and that this will be made public tomorrow.

He says that the entire shareholding of AIB today is valued at €600 million on the stock market.

Madness unbound if true.

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Simon Says AIB". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

DCon

he must be buying based on the LTEV..

nonpartyboy

Just a bigger scale ff public service contract, they've been doing this stuff for years, just on a smaller scale.

DCon

I think Lenihan, Cowen and the entire DoF should be paid in AIB shares for the next 2 years.

markbld

hmmm
i wonder would lenny be interested in my house feck sake i'd make a fortune with him buying it LOL

Paddy Sarkozy

3000 million for 600 million worth of shares????
Wow!
Incredible LTEM!! (long-term economic madness)

JCR

McWilliams says that Brian Lenihan intends to buy 70 percent of AIB for €3 billion and that this will be made public tomorrow.

He says that the entire shareholding of AIB today is valued at €600 million on the stock market.

Madness unbound if true.
And 25% of this country back him all the way, including Independent Newspapers and Quinn Group. the 25% are clearly a lost cause, but what gives and whats the connection with O Reilly and especially Quinn? Its transparently rotten to the core now, no hiding it. This is transparent daylight robbery.

johnfás

To be honest it is a bit of an abstraction anyway. If they nationalised it they would have to give the outstanding money on the €600m current market value to the current shareholders and then the hole would still exist and they would have to recapitalise the bank to this level. In this instance they'll just issue new shares to the State giving this level of capital to the bank. They should just get on and nationalise it, but to be honest, it is pretty much semantics.

nonpartyboy

I've said it before every senior manager in the DOF should be sacked because they are either traitors or cowards.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

Madness unbound if true.
My bet is that McWilliam's is, as usual, making stuff up. If the government spent e3b on common equity of Aib, I'll eat my hat.

hmmm

He's not buying the bank, he's recapitalising it. Even if he nationalised the bank he'd still have to put the 3 billion in. Stop jumping to conclusions based on one eejit's headline.

Dreaded_Estate

He's not buying the bank, he's recapitalising it. Even if he nationalised the bank he'd still have to put the 3 billion in. Stop jumping to conclusions based on one eejit's headline.
And for €500m he could own 100% of the bank and then recapitalize

Cassandra Syndrome

AIB shares spiked 10% in the last hour today. Mmmmmm......

Why have I got Bluestar Airlines and Teldar Paper manifesting in my mind?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies